Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In the working day my employer...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In the working day my employer...
    Posted: 22 January 2009 at 7:25pm
would not be best pleased ito know how much time I spend on this forum.

As a recently qualified 'Groupie' I reckon that since joining I lose anywhere between 30 mins to 1 hour a day discussing or reading forum issues. That's conservatively 2.5 hours per week, which is about 130 hours per year, which in reality is over 2 weeks. That sounds bad. Clearly, you lot out there in Scarlet Fever land have similair problems. It's not just me is it?Confused
#George
Sponsored Links

Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 7:27pm
Oh, by the way, that's 2 working weeks obviously, and doesn't take account of lunchtimes either.
#George
owfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 7:49pm
It's blocked in my school :( best thing is suss out how much of your boss' wages you recieved whilst on here! 
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 7:58pm
Yeah, but there's another draw back there. I actaully get paid according to my output during the year, so in effect I'm shooting myself in the foot by doing this!

I'm hoping it's just a phase.Confused
#George
y ddraig bwyd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y ddraig bwyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 8:06pm
It's not monkey!! believe me!!
y ddraig bwyd
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:30pm
Being able to take some time out day to day from project management duties actually makes me more productive. Not only that, I don't book any hours that I work out of normal working hours, or on weekends, so spending time on here during the day doesn't concern me.

I think it's about a bit of give and take, as long as I meet my targets, and the work gets done, it's happy days Star  
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:51pm
there is no cure..... for THE FEVER!!!!!!!!
TheMightyCD View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:53pm
I cant believe some people have the cheek to work when they should be on here Big%20smile
GregJones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:56pm
All that time on the rollercoaster of SCARLET FEVER.
Never have I come across a site that can be so negative oe minute and positive the next.
However I am addicted

Wrigley Man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrigley Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:03pm
The obsession that is Scarlet Fever. Like the wife, can't live with it but can't live without itWink
Allez Scarlets
owfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:07pm
This place is addictive :P spent half my revision hours on here this month!!  God help me when if I ever get a mobile phone with internet access!
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:59pm
So the truth is that my fate is sealed.

My employer will never realise the true benefit of my skills.

My family will never benefit from the financial potential.

I am destined to become a slave to my keyboard, day after day trawling the Scarley Fever forum in the pursuit of ever increasing knowledge, awaiting the day when we are are all conquering in Europe, and the O's go into liquidatioan and then finally .......I win the lottery, invest heavily in the club and can spend even more time in the pursuit if happiness that is Scarlet Fever! God bless us, one and all! Wink

P.S. Don't tell my boss!
#George
Ciderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 11:26pm
Don't worry OaM,if you get the sack you can spend even more time on here.

The benefits of not having to go to work are numerous.

You'll have no money but you can visit an amazing amount of websites.
The light at the end of the tunnel-is the light of an oncoming train
DgembaDgemba View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DgembaDgemba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 8:41am
although i have not posted as much recently (company redundancies = trying to look busy Confused), this place is an addiction.  This site is regularly in the top 10 of the departments "most visited list" which is strange since i am the only Scarlet here Embarrassed

Oh well i am on maternity leave in 3 weeks!  YAY more time for SF (Baby...what babyWink)

The localised condition of planetary atmospheric condensation caused a malfunction in the visual orientation circuits...

Or to put it another way, we got lost in the fog.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 8:55am
Yeah, I have to have (at least) one visit per hour.

I'd like to say it makes me more productive, but thats a kind of perverse logic that no-one will (or should) believe.

The only cure is to be found on a Paul McKenna self hypnosis DVD. "I will not let Scarlet Fever ruin my life/job/marriage/etc."
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 9:26am
Originally posted by DgembaDgemba DgembaDgemba wrote:

although i have not posted as much recently (company redundancies = trying to look busy Confused), this place is an addiction.  This site is regularly in the top 10 of the departments "most visited list" which is strange since i am the only Scarlet here Embarrassed

Oh well i am on maternity leave in 3 weeks!  YAY more time for SF (Baby...what babyWink)

1st or 2nd DD?
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic