Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ireland v Tonga
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Ireland v Tonga

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
insidehalf View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 24 July 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 568
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insidehalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ireland v Tonga
    Posted: 15 September 2023 at 10:53am
Both Fifita and Lousi starting for Tonga hope they have a good game and stay injury free.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 November 2015
Location: llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 2500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2023 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by insidehalf insidehalf wrote:

Both Fifita and Lousi starting for Tonga hope they have a good game and stay injury free.

I really hope so. All  the best to them. The Tongans are such lovely humble guys, can play a bit tooWink
I stood yer on tanner bank
Back to Top
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 May 2017
Location: Burry Port
Status: Offline
Points: 3099
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2023 at 10:27am
How ironic that we have more players in the starting lineup for Tonga than we have in the starting lineup for Wales.
Lousi and Fifita have both been immense in their performances for us this season and thoroughly deserve their places at the World Cup.
It great to think that we (as a club) are still able to attract players of their calibre.
Good luck to both of them and to Tonga.
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 21753
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2023 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

How ironic that we have more players in the starting lineup for Tonga than we have in the starting lineup for Wales.
Lousi and Fifita have both been immense in their performances for us this season and thoroughly deserve their places at the World Cup.
It great to think that we (as a club) are still able to attract players of their calibre.
Good luck to both of them and to Tonga.
And long may it remain so.

Unprompted, Mrs EO mentioned this morning, “I never thought I’d be cheering on and supporting Tonga. I certainly am today”.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Back to Top
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 25 October 2004
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 18796
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2023 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

How ironic that we have more players in the starting lineup for Tonga than we have in the starting lineup for Wales.
Lousi and Fifita have both been immense in their performances for us this season and thoroughly deserve their places at the World Cup.
It great to think that we (as a club) are still able to attract players of their calibre.
Good luck to both of them and to Tonga.

Good post - and good points!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Back to Top
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2005
Location: Mynydd Mawr
Status: Offline
Points: 3003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2023 at 11:31pm
Fifita had an excellent game, given he looked to be injured early on.  He was the main source of lineout ball and made a couple of trademark runs, one could have led to a try but the ball slipped out of his hands.  He looked Tonga's best player so it was a surprise to see him taken off after an hour.  Maybe the twisted knee he had early doors took it's toll. 

Lousi was the usual nuisance around the fringes and putting the 9 under pressure at kicks.  Apart from that he didn't show up at all.  No runs and offloads.  He looked slow and unfit to me.  I hope he shapes up before the end of the tournament.
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 21753
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2023 at 9:10am
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Fifita had an excellent game, given he looked to be injured early on.  He was the main source of lineout ball and made a couple of trademark runs, one could have led to a try but the ball slipped out of his hands.  He looked Tonga's best player so it was a surprise to see him taken off after an hour.  Maybe the twisted knee he had early doors took it's toll. 

Lousi was the usual nuisance around the fringes and putting the 9 under pressure at kicks.  Apart from that he didn't show up at all.  No runs and offloads.  He looked slow and unfit to me.  I hope he shapes up before the end of the tournament.
I was talking to LeMarseillais during the game and he very much looks forward to seeing Fifita at Stade Marcel Michelin in January. 

Lousi is not long back from injury isn’t he? Probably rusty. His class won’t stay buried for long.

One of the commentators said that O’Mahoney’s yellow was Ireland’s first card for 14 months. Long overdue then Wink


Edited by Eastern outpost - 17 September 2023 at 9:12am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Back to Top
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 17 October 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 643
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2023 at 10:38am
I would have liked to see Tonga do better ,quite talented but too many mistakes.
I did think Ireland looked pretty strong and well drilled throughout though
saundersfoot scarlets
Back to Top
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 17 October 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 643
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2023 at 10:38am
Some good play by Fafita though 
saundersfoot scarlets
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.