Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Javan Sebastian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:27am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I wonder if Wales’ tighthead shortage factored into Townsend’s decision to select Sebastian for this one. 
It’s a shame to lose him to Scotland but then his chances of playing for Wales were low - in fact how many caps will be actually get for Scotland I wonder? 🤔

Probably not alot but it seems he will get a cap now. For a journeyman pro, to win an international cap has to be a major achievement. Well done Javan and enjoy it.

Journeyman??!

Up to now, yes... 3rd/4th choice at his club, took some time and a false start or two coming through to that position. 

But rip it up for Scotland, shift that disciplinary liability Zander Fagerson out of the Scottish team and prove me wrong. I'm sure that's his ambition this week and I hope he does.
I have him down as our 2 nd tight head behind Samson, WGJ not impressed me so far though he has had limited game time. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2021 at 10:35am
If he keeps on developing, he may regret not holding out for a Welsh cap, but then again his heart may be in the glens.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I wonder if Wales’ tighthead shortage factored into Townsend’s decision to select Sebastian for this one. 
It’s a shame to lose him to Scotland but then his chances of playing for Wales were low - in fact how many caps will be actually get for Scotland I wonder? 🤔

Probably not alot but it seems he will get a cap now. For a journeyman pro, to win an international cap has to be a major achievement. Well done Javan and enjoy it.

Journeyman??!

Up to now, yes... 3rd/4th choice at his club, took some time and a false start or two coming through to that position. 

But rip it up for Scotland, shift that disciplinary liability Zander Fagerson out of the Scottish team and prove me wrong. I'm sure that's his ambition this week and I hope he does.
I have him down as our 2 nd tight head behind Samson, WGJ not impressed me so far though he has had limited game time. 

Yes, WGJ has struggled to impress me thus far though it is early days. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

To be honest, he’s 27. He’s probably got 2 years before he starts to peak and then maybe another two after that. 

Props are a real slow burning position - most of these SA front rowers who are so dominant right now, Koch, Mbonambi, Malherbe are all 30+, only Ox Nche is 26 and he’s the rawest of them.

And then think how much Wyn has come on in the last 3 years, you’ve got to say that if he knuckles down and gets the right coaching Javan could be a serious player for us and/or Scotland
He just “ looks “ unfit and unconditioned but it may be his natural shape 😂 he has certainly come on as a scrummager  and hopefully the Scottish cap will spur him on for us and Scotland!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2021 at 12:38pm
Tbh i never saw him as a regional player let alone a test player. Good for him he has done really well
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2021 at 1:16pm

Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

To be honest, he’s 27. He’s probably got 2 years before he starts to peak and then maybe another two after that. 

Props are a real slow burning position - most of these SA front rowers who are so dominant right now, Koch, Mbonambi, Malherbe are all 30+, only Ox Nche is 26 and he’s the rawest of them.

And then think how much Wyn has come on in the last 3 years, you’ve got to say that if he knuckles down and gets the right coaching Javan could be a serious player for us and/or Scotland
He just “ looks “ unfit and unconditioned but it may be his natural shape 😂 he has certainly come on as a scrummager  and hopefully the Scottish cap will spur him on for us and Scotland!

Yeah that's why I think he might be better than we expect. I bet lots of people have dismissed him because of how he looks, his shape etc, but he's never looked too out of place at regional level in my eyes
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2021 at 2:36pm
Come on to win his 1st cap. Huge congrats !
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2021 at 8:31pm
Good on him and great to start with a win.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic