Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Johnathon Guillis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2023 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Milli Milli wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Milli Milli wrote:

At the end of the day the Tories have made a whip for their own backs, they cut the Border Forces, Immigration controls to the bare bones. Some of these asylum applicants have been waiting 6 years to be processed
again genuine q what is the law re seeking asylum then? As an island nation we have no land borders with any nation let alone any at war ? None of the nations that border us at sea or at war or unsafe? So any one claiming asylum here muat have travelled through 1 or more likely more than one “safe” nation before coming here to claim asylum? Unless they are travelling directly from say syria. So legally when does a person stop becoming a refugee seeking asylum and become an economic migrant ? Not getting into the morality of the issue just the legality?

The First Safe country debate is a mute point as the UN convention explains that.  A Refugee isnt an economic migrant, a refugee is one that has gone through the aslyum process and have been declared  a refugee, and has the right to seek asylum in the country of their choosing 
so by that logic and this won’t happen but legally it cold if every single asylum seeker in the world decided to say claim
Asylum in the uk or in france? Then legally any asylum seeker could travel through any number of safe nations and claim asylum in that nation and legally they would be entitled to do so?
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2023 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

[QUOTE=Oracle]But isn't it convenient that the government of a country closes all safe routes Into the country
hence the call for us to open processing centres in war zone such as syria or on the ukraine borders,a propsal i agree with and championed on here. Another fact certain posters choose to ignore as it didn’t suit “ their  brand everyone who doesn’t agree with every thing i say must be a right wing nazii mantra” .  Still no replies on my fact based questions from them? Guess they  are big on emotive rabts but less so on facts. But i am sure they will have the answers shortly[/QUOTE
]

I have to say that there are some posters on here for whatever reason believe that we shouldn't help anyone ....
Regarding opening centres in war zones , that is so so stupid I don't even think anyone of the current Tories would think of it ....why would it not work ...because it's a friggin war zone ...iesu 

Imagin opening an immigration centre in Afghanistan...Kabul central ...who is going to staff it ....I could post more and more stupid ideas but I know 55 Tufton place would read them and they would be policy next week 

As I keep saying we had a system in place that worked , it was called the Dublin Agreement....but after Brexit we chose to throw it away ....I personally don't blame the french as gar says , but I would blame the simpletons who voted for brexit 
come now oracle  a clever chap like you can work this you either put them in un controlled safe zones  in that country as they had  in bosnia and syria or you’d put one on the nearest safe border to afghanistan surely? That is the logical thing to do same as we should have done on the borders of ukraine it’s not that hard to work out well not for anyone with any sense iAgain  there with the dramatuc statements there really is a weird trend by some on here who seek to demonuse those on  here  who disagree with them Name one poster who said on this thread we shouldn’t help anyone cos  i can’t see any and it makes you look silly when you post stuff like that. Now as Your the poster who started this thread by expressing your  horror at the 200 abductions of child refugees. A sentiment we agreed with, when i asked you why you think there had been no arrests (as far as i can see) let alone trials or convictoms of these kidnappers you have gone mute? Your not one to not have a view on things so i was genuinely interested in your take on the matter it’s almost as if your ducking the questionWink

Edited by RR1972 - 27 January 2023 at 6:28pm
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2023 at 7:41pm
Looking back reading through the thread which I feel is sometimes the best thing to do , I feel we all agree on what needs to be done ...
I think we are all agreed that we don't want to see anyone harmed and it's disgusting that it's allowed to be happening ..
The difference is as to what method should be adopted in achieving this ..

I would like to think that the process of achieving this can be decided by people with far more power to make decisions , whilst we can judge them all here.

Now onto the game Wink 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2023 at 8:09pm
I agree enjoyClap
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2023 at 8:57pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2023 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

[QUOTE=Oracle]But isn't it convenient that the government of a country closes all safe routes Into the country
hence the call for us to open processing centres in war zone such as syria or on the ukraine borders,a propsal i agree with and championed on here. Another fact certain posters choose to ignore as it didn’t suit “ their  brand everyone who doesn’t agree with every thing i say must be a right wing nazii mantra” .  Still no replies on my fact based questions from them? Guess they  are big on emotive rabts but less so on facts. But i am sure they will have the answers shortly[/QUOTE
]

I have to say that there are some posters on here for whatever reason believe that we shouldn't help anyone ....
Regarding opening centres in war zones , that is so so stupid I don't even think anyone of the current Tories would think of it ....why would it not work ...because it's a friggin war zone ...iesu 

Imagin opening an immigration centre in Afghanistan...Kabul central ...who is going to staff it ....I could post more and more stupid ideas but I know 55 Tufton place would read them and they would be policy next week 

As I keep saying we had a system in place that worked , it was called the Dublin Agreement....but after Brexit we chose to throw it away ....I personally don't blame the french as gar says , but I would blame the simpletons who voted for brexit 

Steady on Mike - I know you can't resist making a Brexit comment but sometimes it wears thin. You have contradicted yourself by the above statement - we chose to throw away our membership of the Dublin Accord. It was not a consequence, as I understand, of Brexit but a government decision. 

I am pretty clear & vocal in my condemnation of this government's track record but I am also clear that most of our current woes are down to bad government not the Brexit decision. Choosing to call 52% of the British electorate simpletons does not do a lot for your credibility frankly.  As for your comment about me blaming the French - you really need to put it into context. My comment was in response to this quote from Kid A 

"While many refugees do indeed find sanctuary in France, the reality is that not all of them are able to find protection there. NGOs such as Human Rights Watch have condemned the French authorities repeatedly for many years for failing to provide adequate shelter and support to asylum seekers and for extreme police brutality against migrants sleeping rough or in makeshift tent settlements.

In July of this year, the situation had got so bad that the European Court of Human Rights found that France was violating migrants’ human right to protection from inhuman and degrading treatment. The Court found that even where asylum seekers had formally lodged applications with the French authorities, they were in many cases being left destitute, without shelter, food or protection from being targeted by predatory criminal gangs and traffickers."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic