Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kwasi Kwarteng

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 1:34am
Kwasi is in the usa speaking to edge fun managers for some reason .....the uk will have to sell assets off for an injection of dollars ...the bookies favourite is that the nhs will be sold off .....not sure if this affects the devolved nations ....very worrying times 
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 8:04am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Where have they both gone? They seem to be awol at mo

Not at all, Truss is giving a 5 min interview on Radio Norfolk this morning.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 8:12am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

alan partridge doing the imterview?Wink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 9:16am

alan partridge doing the imterview?Wink

No, but I suspect he wrote her pre-prepared answers.

She had several 5 min slots with local radio, conveniently a format that prevents any follow-up questions. 

Her main go-to answer to escape criticism has been that she has taken decisive action to cut energy bills. Interestingly enough, a policy she was against when campaigning and was forced in to a U turn on. Also she has stated several times that the BoE decides interests rates so she can't be responsible... for the effects of her actions. Funny how taking personal responsibility is only for other people isn't it?

It's also being mis-reported that there is a cap on energy bills. There's a cap on energy prices per unit of gas or electricity, bills can still be vast if you use loads of them. The £2500 "cap" some are mentioning is actually what an average family would then pay. Thought I'd mention this, as I didn't realise until recently.

Whatever your political views, this has been handled appallingly. That Truss only has her personal belief that she is right to justify her and Kwarteng's decisions says a lot to me as well as belief is what you cite in the absence of logic or evidence. It also is presented as it means others cannot challenge it, as it's a personal belief. I made a comment there's a Thatcher cult in the Tory party and I think this supports my point.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 9:28am
I don't think we should underestimate the challenges which Truss/Kwarteng face within their own party. Not all tories, believe it or not, are aligned behind their leadership. The results of the "budget" last Friday are exactly what Sunak forecast during the leadership campaign.

Make no mistake he still has many supporters in the tory ranks, a majority of the MP's in fact. They will be watching events unfold with great interest. It should also be noted that the tory membership who elected Truss have no say when it comes to a vote of no confidence - that reverts to the aforementioned MP's. Interesting times this would be if it were not for the catastrophic effects on families the length & breadth of Britain. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 9:46am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I don't think we should underestimate the challenges which Truss/Kwarteng face within their own party. Not all tories, believe it or not, are aligned behind their leadership. The results of the "budget" last Friday are exactly what Sunak forecast during the leadership campaign.

Make no mistake he still has many supporters in the tory ranks, a majority of the MP's in fact. They will be watching events unfold with great interest. It should also be noted that the tory membership who elected Truss have no say when it comes to a vote of no confidence - that reverts to the aforementioned MP's. Interesting times this would be if it were not for the catastrophic effects on families the length & breadth of Britain. 

The Tory party were effectively hijacked by those far-right ERG nutters and Britannia Unchained gang - the momentum generated from the Brexit vote then enabled them to use Johnson to get in May's Government and ultimately bring it down, then Johnson was elevated with their blessing and now we're seeing the results of Johnson's cronyism, purges and only appointing those loyal to him and Brexit: individuals devoid of any political talent or governing ability. So, we get Truss and Kwertang for at least 12 months. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 10:09am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

The Tory party were effectively hijacked by those far-right ERG nutters and Britannia Unchained gang - the momentum generated from the Brexit vote then enabled them to use Johnson to get in May's Government and ultimately bring it down, then Johnson was elevated with their blessing and now we're seeing the results of Johnson's cronyism, purges and only appointing those loyal to him and Brexit: individuals devoid of any political talent or governing ability. So, we get Truss and Kwertang for at least 12 months. 

Heard an interview with David Gauke yesterday who seems to represent the better side of the tory party ( if, of course, there is such a thing). As a former Treasury man he was quite scathing about the policies being put forward whilst being non plussed at the sacking of a senior Treasury civil servant. Truss & Kwarteng's MO seems to be to sack all those civil servants who disagree with their policies regardless of how much fiscal experience they have. 

The fact also that Truss excluded from her cabinet all Sunak supporters regardless of talent will also make her susceptible to challenges as time rolls on. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 10:12am
Well truss is truely awful, my cynical view the torys knew shed be this bad and bojo will he welcomed back in a year to “save the party”
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 10:36am
Truss as PM was decided by 0.15% of the population, according to Conservative Party rules.
Oracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 11:36am
Eastern Eukraine Elections were more democratic....Thats a sobering thought 
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 11:37am
Since Tories came in to power in this country when Cameron came in national debt was 650 Billion now it is 2.4 Trillion and growing 
Oracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 12:05pm
Only beaten by my wife's store cardCry
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 1:05pm

It's also being mis-reported that there is a cap on energy bills. There's a cap on energy prices per unit of gas or electricity, bills can still be vast if you use loads of them. The £2500 "cap" some are mentioning is actually what an average family would then pay. Thought I'd mention this, as I didn't realise until recently.

Looks like this includes being mis-represented by the Prime Minister who has done this multiple times.

Just had this from British gas, which I am sharing just in case others are confused as it is written more clearly than my own comments:

"The prime minister recently announced the Government Energy Price Guarantee – meaning that from 1st October, the cost of energy for the average home will be no more than £2,500 a year for the next two years. However, your bill could be higher or lower depending on the size of your home, how many people live there and how much energy you use."
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 1:42pm
Liz truss met with zelensky yesterday and he assured her that anything he can do to help with our crisis he will she would be out of her depth in a puddle.
Oracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 2:01pm
I think she is the most dangerous leader we have ever had .....she was a lib dem supporter , anti royalty and antibrexit , who went to the dark side ..but any convert to a new ideology will be the most extreme fanatical follower of her new beliefs.....
This has got a long way to go yet,  but im not sure what will we left 

Milli View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2022 at 5:33pm
Tories know they are going to lose the next General Election so they are robbing the pennies while they can.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic