Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lauren jenkins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lauren jenkins
    Posted: 20 February 2023 at 5:21pm
Thought she did a splendid job on scrum v last night...far better than Catrin helped who tends to change subject too oftenn...lauren.didnt interrupt answers ..well informed on all the details ..asked the right questions at the right time....that kind of debate is what's needed to move this thing forward 

Edited by roy munster - 20 February 2023 at 5:29pm
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Thought she did a splendid job on scrum v last night...far better than Catrin helped who tends to change subject too oftenn...lauren.didnt interrupt answers ..well informed on all the details ..asked the right questions at the right time....that kind of debate is what's needed to move this thing forward 

Totally agree Roy......she asked questions 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 5:34pm
Complimented her on her interviewing skills when our paths crossed in Bayonne recently. The S4C TV team were staying in our hotel.
In a world where you can be anything ā€“ Be Kind.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Complimented her on her interviewing skills when our paths crossed in Bayonne recently. The S4C TV team were staying in our hotel.

Well done Sir.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Agree Roy.She is head and shoulders  better than Catrin Helledd. 
Lauren grew up a stones throw  from stadey,went to Ysgol y stradey.
She has a clear natural understanding  of rugby, not somthing  you have learnt  to become a journalist,  and I say that in no disrespectful  way about Catrin, who is very professional,  but wooden.
Lauren doesn't pull her punches  when it comes to questions,  but as Roy says also allowed  the interviewee  to answer  without interruption.
She is developing  in to a very  good presenter and journalist. 

I stood yer on tanner bank
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 6:24pm
Lauren has been superb with her questions, explanations and opinions throughout this affair - underestimate her at your peril! I suspect it was she who enabled Josh Turnbull to ask his killer question to Malcolm Wall on ScrumV on Sunday - it would have been a great question from her, but coming from a current pro, a former Wales international and the Cardiff club captain, it was dynamite. Shocked

She also stepped in at the last minute to cover for Gareth Rhys Owen in co-hosting the BBC Rugby Union Daily podcast, recorded straight after ScrumV on Sunday - recommend listening to it all, but particularly the first ~25 minutes which was a great explainer of the sorry Welsh Rugby tale for all rugby followers, including those in Wales.

SVD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SVD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 6:30pm
Lauren is very good. She and Catrin are good role models for women in rugby.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 6:44pm
Her voice totally grates on me. I have to watch on catch up to fast forward when she's on. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Her voice totally grates on me. I have to watch on catch up to fast forward when she's on. 

If its a problem for you, mute and subtitles will fix it for you.(unless it's  on the radio Wink)
Keep the faith
SVD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 6:56pm
Please ignore her voice, though Iā€™m not sure why it is a problem. She is very good. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 7:05pm
She is the only one I listen to....She seems to have a nice personality and she is never frightened to ask the big question 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Is this a subtle appealing for crowdfunding on a lip-reading course?
In a world where you can be anything ā€“ Be Kind.
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 8:46pm
I love her and want her to be my wife.

Being serious she has been excellent throughout this whole issue, you can see she has a clear love of the game and enjoys her job.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 8:48pm
She knows her rugby, but her voice is a tad husky (touch of the bonnie tyler there)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 9:08pm
Bonnie Tyler smoked capston strong in junior school ...Sa14 told me Wink
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 9:22pm
Hey now Welsh rugby meltdown is par for the course, but dissing the bonymaen balladeers croaky crooning is crossing the line šŸ˜
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic