Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leinster Away in h cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leinster Away in h cup
    Posted: 14 October 2009 at 4:13pm
I have spoken to the scarlets today and I have been informed that sport experiences will not be running a tripto the leinster game as there has not been enough interest shown. So if you are interested start phoning them and get your names down to see if they will reconsider their decision
Sponsored Links

J.D. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:02pm
This is getting a bit ridiculous that they expect people to ask if a trip is being run to guage interest before it is organised. If they dont advertise then its no suprise that people arent getting in touch to book, particularly for games in France/Ireland when people book flights/ferry early for the best prices. 
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:14pm
Pathetic stuff.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:17pm
Arse about ...totally arse about
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:21pm
Whats the difference between a trip to Dublin and the Brive trip that is currently up on the Scarlets site? ...
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:26pm
they`ve got so out of touch with this.

its like not opening the shop unless there`s a queue outside of more than ten people!!!

sort them out moony. people have started making their own plans as soon as the fixtures came out so as to get best prices on flights and hotels etc. they needed to make that choice in the off season!!!!!

thats why there isn`t much interest now, cos everyone who is going has probably made plans!!!

a package needs to be put together within a week of the fixtures being brought out, and then advertised along with the season ticket drive.

flippin heck even the old guard at stradey could get this right.

Edited by Speedy - 14 October 2009 at 7:27pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:30pm
the club have lost all the old away travellers to other means. it will take time to build that back, a trip needs to be put on, and it goes every away game, for people to get back in the habit.

its not the fans fault this has gotten this bad. the club forgot their duties. have you ever heard a rugby or football club as big as ours not having official away travel?

we have a bigger away following than most league football sides. yet they always have a few busses running.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:42pm
very poor,will look at going over as a foot passenger,if I go,train to fisguard,ferry across and train from rosllare,and then train to dublin.

It is tiring but a great craic .
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:49pm

Is there a train to Dublin which coincides with the ferry arriving at 18.30hrs... or is an overnight in Wexford required?

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:59pm
not sure bryn,done it previously,and there is normally a connection.

You are looking at the friday afternoon crossing,15.00 hours are you ?

That was what we where looking at .
Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 8:02pm
I think the trouble is that Ryan Air refused block flight tickets to tour operators, I know that Sports Experience had requested them. They informed me weeks ago that they were finding this Dublin fixture difficult to arrange a reasonable attractive package, at the same time they informed me that they would be definately arranging a package to Brive. I do not think Sports Experience can be critisised too much , but I would have thought the region through Edwards would have arranged a coach trip as they did a couple of years ago for the Celtic cup final in Dublin.
YMA O HYD
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 8:07pm
Seriously tempted as although I've spent a week a month working in Wexford for the last couple of years I've never done a train trip on the emerald isle. I was thinking of the Fishguard - Rosslare 14.30 sailing on the Friday then returning home on the 21.15 sailing on Sunday.
No idea on costs as a foot passenger... it usually costs me around £250 return for the car and stena plus...
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 8:18pm
Going Aer Arran - 100 squids return  -Friday/Sunday
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 9:01pm
Ryan Air from Bristol Sat. morning - back Sun. afternoon - £52 return!!!
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 10:11pm
you can get a train ticket from llanelli station that covers the ferry and gets you to dublin. i'd advise a few days off afterwards though. those dublin trips take a while to get over. getting upside down in the halfpenny bridge inn after watching the scarlets live in dublin would be a real treat though.
let me check the piggy bank again.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 10:52pm
I was told by sport experience that there is not enough time to arrange a package just incase there isnt enough interest and then the scarlets told me that as they had limited interest eventhough the trip is in 2 months, surely they could atleast look at something, if they released prices im sure there would be alot more interest and also it wasnt announced at any of the recent matches ab olut names being taken for this game so how do people who dont read this forum know whats going on?

there will be about 6-10 of us not being able to attend if there isnt a package available
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic