Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > B&I LIONS 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

[QUOTE=Fscarlet]I think Navidi is the unluckiest & for me he is the next back rower in the departure lounge. 
Should be on the tour would have been one of first on plane for me was outstanding in 6 nations. 
out of curio where would you play him 6 or 7? [/QUOTE

Starting 6 with Curry just about 7 infront of Tuperic 

I can't see the Lions playing a 6 who cannot compete with Pieter Steph at lineout time. Navidi is a wonderful player but he isn't Beirne/Henderson/Itoje or Lawes. That requirement meant Navidi would have really been considered as a 7 or 8. 
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 8:20am
Not many people can compete with Navidi in the tight he is so strong and does so much good work in mauls and on the ground he is a six. As for competing in line out you can throw up Tuperic, who is used by Wales and Ospreys a lot,  or Curry to compliment the a second rows. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 8:30am

Not many people can compete with Navidi in the tight he is so strong and does so much good work in mauls and on the ground he is a six. As for competing in line out you can throw up Tuperic, who is used by Wales and Ospreys a lot,  or Curry to compliment the a second rows. 

I hear what you area saying Why but I am only trying to double guess Gatland's thinking. For me I would have Navidi before Simmonds but at 6 I would take Tadgh Beirne all day long.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 8:41am

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

[QUOTE=Fscarlet]I think Navidi is the unluckiest & for me he is the next back rower in the departure lounge. 
Should be on the tour would have been one of first on plane for me was outstanding in 6 nations. 
out of curio where would you play him 6 or 7? [/QUOTE

Starting 6 with Curry just about 7 infront of Tuperic 

Oooof! Curry before Tipuric???

Ospreys Orders will have a hissy fit when he reads that. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:17am
Sam Simmonds has scored 16 tries in the Premiership this season, the most in one season by any forward.
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:45am
I'd love to see Beirne cement a starting spot. I can imagine him winning a turnover in the last minutes of a game to win it.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2021 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Covid cases in SA have been quite low ( and stable) since early February, but the last few days have seen rises. Being nerdy and obliged to track several countries case levels, I’ve become quite tuned in to trend spotting.
Now is the time for the Govt to act to manage a possible surge.

Unfortunately no direct action taken, and the inevitable case rises continue. Now up to 10k/day.
dyniol53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2021 at 9:03pm
Quite a large Indian diaspora in SA too, so I imagine that variant is spreading there faster than their testing can keep up with.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic