Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > B&I LIONS 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383940
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 10 minutes ago at 2:54pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Rassie Erasmus has released an hour long rant criticising the Lions management and the officiating. He doesn't look in the best of health to me:

https://vimeo.com/579940415

Think Rassie is losing the plot in all honesty. Gatland is winning the mind game hands down at the moment. He is looking and sounding like a man under extreme pressure & if that gets through to his players they are going to need a very convincing first 20 minutes on Saturday. If the Lions can stay with them for the first 40 minutes it could well be all over. 

Lol yeah i was enjoying the Jaco Johan banter earlier on in the week but 1 hour video to try and put pressure on the officials this Sat is well beyond the Lions questioning whether a TMO should be the same nationality as the the home country.

I for one would welcome each coach having a 1 hour 'tear down' of every questionable refereeing decision after each game, only on the condition that a rival fan was allowed in the room/dialed in on zoom giving the coach sh*t for their partisan takes.

"What's your 5 doing in that ruck Rassie?" 
"Are you sure your ruler is straight...?"

Edited by dyniol53 - 17 hours 7 minutes ago at 2:57pm
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 minutes ago at 7:54am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

If DVM keeps Kolbe quiet again then we cannot argue. One of the things nagging away at me as kick off approaches is the fact that a clearly tiring Boks team scored one try and had two other close calls in the 2nd half whilst I don't recall the Lions looking like scoring another try. Yes Henshaw's break should have resulted in a supporting player - Price of DVM getting a chance. 

My point really is that the Boks are labelled an attritional, kick chase, defensively minded team yet they created more - funny old game. 

Half right - they had more (apparent) try chances, but didn't 'create' anything... one opportunity came when Kolbe knocked on and Hogg threw a wild pass..., another when after a Lions' kick ahead, all three chasers, oddly, missed the guy fielding the ball - that was very poor, unless they were blocked off (it didn't look like it).

So - more chances; no more creativity. If the Lions cut out those daft errors (and I think Gats will have something to say about that), then it should not be an issue.

A greater worry - for me - is the selection of the slow and predictable Murray at 9. But, we'll see.

A fair point Aber but whether they create chances through line breaks or defensive pressure forcing mistakes doesn't make a blind bit of difference when we look back at the result in weeks/months. I guess my biggest worry is this all happened in the 2nd half when the Boks were, in most opinions, tiring badly. The million rand question this week is how much better/fitter they will be for that game. They clearly knew that they needed to conserve energy last week as they had no problem kicking out on the full on many occasions. They will have worked very hard on the Lions lineout this week for sure - Lawes may well be singled out for some attention. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383940
  Share Topic