Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

llanelli in's and out's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 6:18pm
is it haydyn pugh from llandovery ?
Sponsored Links

GA PLUM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA PLUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 12:27am
Id guess it's him as he's from Wrexham and plays in the second row. Looks a good prospect.

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 9:26am
Originally posted by GA PLUM GA PLUM wrote:

Id guess it's him as he's from Wrexham and plays in the second row. Looks a good prospect.

can't remember the name of the one we're signing but a boy i work with plays for aberavon and he said pugh played really well against them last saeason.
welsh_and_proud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welsh_and_proud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 10:30am

pugh is stayin at llandovery!

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 11:11am
Originally posted by welsh_and_proud welsh_and_proud wrote:

pugh is stayin at llandovery!

thanks.

i think it was one of the scarlets u20's -

Adam Ball ?
Iwan Davies ?
Chris Jenkins ?
Jonathan Kierney ?
quinsboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinsboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 1:08am
How can anyone say Aled Thomas has left Llanelli!! He been with the dragons for the past couple of years!!

And Darren Simspon will be a big loss to you, I have never seen anyone marshall the defenfce like that boy!

Wish the Quins had signed him last year!
Llwyddiant Trwy Ymdrech
number10 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 8:06am
Best of luck to Aled,Darren and the Quins for next season...Ymlaen Llanelli RFC/Scarlets
Boomboom2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomboom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 12:35pm
Pugh is staying at the Drovers, I heard Swansea, Aberavon and Neath were after him but he and other boys were attracted to stay by the appointment of Rob Appleyard. The new wrexham boy is called Joel Galley, he was in the Wales 18's.
Boomboom2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomboom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 12:40pm
Rhys Lawrence, the Wales u20's hooker has signed for Drovers. He missed the NZ and SA games thru injury but i thought he had a very strong world cup and his arm looks very accurate under pressure. He seemed to have a good understanding with the lock Pugh in the lineout and Rob Appleyard coached him at Tonmawr. Some very good prospects coming through in the region.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Boomboom2 Boomboom2 wrote:

Pugh is staying at the Drovers, I heard Swansea, Aberavon and Neath were after him but he and other boys were attracted to stay by the appointment of Rob Appleyard. The new wrexham boy is called Joel Galley, he was in the Wales 18's.

thanks
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 2:31pm
IN

Nicky Jones (swansea)
Matthew Brayley (swansea)
Luke Richards (Maesteg fly half)
Simon Peters (Aberavon 7)
Liam Gadd (Aberavon centre/full back)
Alun Hopkins (Tonmawr)
Nick Reynolds (llangennech)
Mike Davies (llangennech)
Joel Galley (wrexham)

OUT

Sam Mills (pontypool)
craig cross (llandovery)
rhys williams (llandovery)
alec jenkins (london welsh)
dan george (london welsh)
ifan evans (llandovery)
kyle davies (llandovery)
luke marsh (felinfoel)
Rhys O Williams (Warrington rugby league)
richard thomas (aberavon)

others

Daniel Gravell (to pontypool)
ioan cunningham (to llandovery)
aled thomas (to london welsh)
Boomboom2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomboom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 1:06am

Quote "can't remember the name of the one we're signing but a boy i work with plays for aberavon and he said pugh played really well against them last saeason"

Tonduturk, it appears your source was right. I've been digging!
One of my informants (!) was speaking to someone close to Simon King (Aberavon coach). He said that Haydn Pugh absolutely wrecked the Aberavon lineout when they played Llandovery, was man of the match despite losing and they were very keen to get him for next season, but that Neath were also moving in heavy for him.
But Pugh apparently wanted to stay with the drovers.

Also, for your list of ins/outs - Lloyd Phillips - dropped (sorry - released) from the Scarlets academy last year....Picked up immediately by Narberth, selected for the Wales u20's, he had a cracking u20's world cup at No8 ---- he's going to the Drovers!
Mark my words TT, a picture is appearing here; it looks like Appleyard has a stable of very hungry boys at church bank with a point to prove next season, a lot of whom at one time or another dropped or snubbed by the Scarlets, it'll be interesting.
Put Phillips on your list.
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 10:05pm
When are we likely to have enough information to list the complete squad, combining newcomers with those remaining from last season? The RFC website has been quick to  remove the pictures of those who have left. However, in the past, it's been so slow to give details of our players that quite often someone appears on the teamsheet who I've never heard of before. Gareth Davies seemed quite promising at scrum half as did Schingler? at lock. Were they squad members last year or were they just given a game or two to cover for injuries?  
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 3:30pm
we are way behind more or less every team,they all name their new signings for next season on their websites .
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 10:24am
yeh, and they've still got john davies as head coach
number10 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 9:47am
Llanelli RFC and Llandovery RFC websites need an overall before the comming season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic