Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli Team v Swansea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Llanelli Team v Swansea
    Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:42pm

LLanelli RFC Team v Swansea RFC @ Parc Y Scarlets  Monday 27/12/10 k.off 2:30pm

15. Dan Evans14.Johnny Lewis 13.Nick Reynolds. 12.Scott Williams 11.Chris Keenan.10. Steve Shingler. 9. Gareth Davies.1.Shaun Hopkins.2.Rhys Lawrence. 3.Aled Hopkins.4.Adam Powell(C).5.Aaron Shingler.6.Duane Eager.7.Nic Cudd.8.Mat Gilbert.

16.Rhys Thomas.17. Craig Hawkins.18.Andrew Beaujean 19 Nathan White 20.Allan Powell.21.Aled Davies.22.Justin James.

Ref: Sean Bricknell

AR1 Andrew Miles

AR2 Adrian Lewis

Sponsored Links

hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:45pm

The Swansea team to face Llanelli at Parc Y Scarlets on Monday 27 December at 2:30pm is as follows:

15 James Dixon
14 Tom Prydie
13 Chris Shelmerdine
12 David Watts
11 Eli Walker
10 Matthew Morgan
9 Rhodri Wells
1 Roy Jones
2 Scott Baldwin
3 Andrew Clatworthy
4 Sam Kiley (c)
5 Richard Kelly
6 Tom Morgan
7 Sam Lewis
8 Rory Pitman

Replacments:

16 Paul John
17 Will Taylor
18 James Goode
19 Morgan Allen
20 Tom Isaacs
21 Leigh Bevan
22 Nicky Thomas

Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:47pm
That looks a tasty line up, really looking forward to this game, as much as boxing days encounter. Lets hope we get a good attendance.
YMA O HYD
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:17pm
Should  be a cracker,but with a severe weather warning out for late boxing day,and for the monday and tuesday,it would be a shame,if game was postponed .
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 8:35am
With Scott Williams playing for Llanelli, does that mean that foxy is fit for sunday?
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Nine -Three Nine -Three wrote:

That looks a tasty line up, really looking forward to this game, as much as boxing days encounter. Lets hope we get a good attendance.

I remember a couple of years ago when we played them on boxing day we had around 1,500 to 2,000 people there so hopefully it will be the same this time around
pontystars7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontystars7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:14am
Could well be the game of the festive period, two sides who like to play open running rugby. Make sure you get down to the Parc to watch this.
what was your flash forward?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:47am
Reading the RFC website it suggests that the under-soil will be switched on - assuming that people are ok to travel that is...i.e. no more snow.

I can see the point...there should be decentish crowd in and it could make viable financial sense.
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Reading the RFC website it suggests that the under-soil will be switched on - assuming that people are ok to travel that is...i.e. no more snow.

I can see the point...there should be decentish crowd in and it could make viable financial sense.

How much does it cost to electrically heat a rugby pitch so that it's playable in -10 degrees.  They might need quite a crowd to cover that.
shanghai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanghai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Dan the Drover Dan the Drover wrote:

How much does it cost to electrically heat a rugby pitch so that it's playable in -10 degrees.  They might need quite a crowd to cover that.
ABOUT 3k a game.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by shanghai shanghai wrote:

Originally posted by Dan the Drover Dan the Drover wrote:

ABOUT 3k a game.

Woo!  It's hardly a marginal cost, then, particularly for a WP match.  The system has probably paid for itself in terms of fixtures that might have been costly to postpone, and the ability to host games for clubs who aren't as fortunate.  You have to hope the Derby crowd is sufficiently larger than normal to cover the expense.  Hopefully the ground temperature in Llanelli - being on the coast - is significantly higher than the national average.  A minus 12 degree air temperature is pretty severe.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 4:56pm
I hope someone at Parc y Scarlets has checked the pipes.  At least no-one will lose out if the game has to be postponed, which I understand would happen for the postponed Ospreys game at the Liberty.  Apparently, you don't get a refund for a postponement - but you need to read the small print on the ticket!  
pontygirl View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 6:15pm
Will this game go ahead if the Ospreys game is rescheduled for tomorrow?

Edited by pontygirl - 26 December 2010 at 6:15pm
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:36pm
If our underground heating has been employed this game has to go ahead. As far as I'm concerned as I had not planned to go the Liability, I'd like to watch the Llanelli v Jacks game and watch the Scarlets game in Y Clwb afterwards.

Y Parc need to move on this now and get it advertised, I'd much rather us getting the bar sales than that shoddy lot up the road.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:52pm
Count me in too.
YMA O HYD
pontygirl View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:57pm
We're not going to the Liberty either and had planned on watching the Llanelli game tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic