Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Macron Shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 11:32am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

We’re stuck with these amateurs for another 2 years. Was it good business sense signing a 5 year deal?
Its weird as despite our views of them, they are clearly far from amateurs as they supply a vast numbers of teams from low level to international. 
They are an oddball though in they way their supply chain is based and seems so inflexible.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 11:53am
The product is the product, some love some hate.

Key for me is that they are not retailers,they are not even owner/manufacturers. They are just a buying house. I had some hope Italian design/flair would see us at least have something innovative...in fact the range is flat an unimaginative.

We have pretty much handed them the retail reigns for our brand, and that for 5 years. Pricing seems out of line with what people would expect to pay for a product, launch timing is a challenge, little commercial noise or advertising come from them and so on.

No one should do hand over their brand like this, never mind to someone with no expertise in controlling a brand they don't own, or in that retail space.

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Key for me is that they are not retailers,they are not even owner/manufacturers. They are just a buying house. I had some hope Italian design/flair would see us at least have something innovative...in fact the range is flat an unimaginative.

We have pretty much handed them the retail reigns for our brand, and that for 5 years. Pricing seems out of line with what people would expect to pay for a product, launch timing is a challenge, little commercial noise or advertising come from them and so on.

No one should do hand over their brand like this, never mind to someone with no expertise in controlling a brand they don't own, or in that retail space.

Does that suggest desperation by the club in awarding such a deal?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 12:57pm
Their regional guy does the company no favours by arguing with and blocking people who ask him things he doesn’t like about the products on Twitter. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 12:59pm
It pains me to see how well the Ospreys do in terms of merchandise.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Their regional guy does the company no favours by arguing with and blocking people who ask him things he doesn’t like about the products on Twitter. 
Really?  Bit spineless. He needs to adopt the Brian “ Pit Bull” Moore  Twitter approach to criticism “ it’s usually like he played - a sharp/ blunt and apt comment and a “ F off” 😂
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Does that suggest desperation by the club in awarding such a deal?

My take is that it's easier to operate the shop as a 'concession' ( and just take a slice of the income).
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 4:53pm
I had warned people of the shoddy quality of Macron way back when we first got the news of this deal. Met with the usual ‘we are going to support our club and buy the merch...’ fair enough, each to their own.
My club stopped using macron after just a year, the next thing we see is the exact same tracksuit zip top (their basic track suit) on sale at the Scarlets for £55 when for our club it was £27 the only difference was the badge.
The sooner they are gone the better.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 5:10pm

Yes the Macron gear as been vastly overpriced at times,and there as been some cheesy gear .

I have spend a fortune on the Macron merchandise at the Scarlets shop, I have not had one dodgy item in fairness and no had no problems.

I am also supporting the Scarlets at end of the day, have always bought the gear ,and always will whoever the supplier is .
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

The sooner they are gone the better.
The rumour doing the rounds not so long ago was that we were entering into an agreement for Macron to be kitting out all regions and the WRU kit going forward. Hopefully not true but what i'd heard.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Yes the Macron gear as been vastly overpriced at times,and there as been some cheesy gear .

I have spend a fortune on the Macron merchandise at the Scarlets shop, I have not had one dodgy item in fairness and no had no problems.

I am also supporting the Scarlets at end of the day, have always bought the gear ,and always will whoever the supplier is .

I got a jersey for myself and my kids. Some socks and baseball style hats. All was pretty good actually.
Scarlets before Wales
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 10:11am
There's no imagination with the leisure range.

The new range looks like a rehash of last year's range.

And I think the jerseys are the worst we've ever had.
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2020 at 12:55am
Looking forward to being able to spend money in the store again.

The first season's stuff was good (and the subsequent stock issues prove this - i.e. selling out of jerseys way before Christmas) and they've been a shambles ever since unfortunately.

How hard is it to design a nice jersey these days? The recent Macron stuff doesn't even come close to the old Rhino kits in terms of design or quality unfortunately.

Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
SantMirren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SantMirren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2020 at 9:10pm

Surprised to read the anti-Macron sentiment on here. My favourite Scarlets shirt ever is the 17/18 Macron one and it's the only one I went out and paid full price for .... the rest I usually get in the end of season sale. The only thing I'd say is that the printing is very fragile on some of the non-sublimated ads and they show more wear after each wash but the latest Macron ones have been better on that score. 

My top three Scarlets shirts are;
1. Macron 2017
2. Kooga 2007 Stradey Park Brown/Red Quarters
3. Kooga 2008 Heineken Cup version

The Macron Leisure gear whilst being badged off-the-shelf is always good quality too. Macron do lots of bespoke stuff for football clubs so I guess the option is there if it was commercially viable to do so?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2020 at 12:12am
I think the T-shirt shop in the market that makes things like ‘Ladz on tour - Ibiza 2019’ sell better quality. 
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2020 at 3:29am
Macron stuff is overpriced. If you look we have Cardiff Rfc designs which are £15 on their website for £45 on ours. We aren’t even with the main supplier just some jobs worth who blocks anyone on twitter who complains. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic