Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Drakeford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Drakeford
    Posted: 09 June 2022 at 5:21pm
Let's see if this stays up shall we?

He's now stated that transgender women are not only real women but should be entitled to compete in women's sport. 

Really?? 

So if a born Male , with his naturally bigger body mass, in terms of muscle growth and bone, decides he's actually a she and is allowed to compete in women's rugby, for instance, then what about the safety of the born females on that rugby field? 

Does the Pride alphabet mafia and political correctness trump the safety and rights of the born female players? 

What a world. 

Sponsored Links

Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 3:06am
I was hoping this was a thread asking where is mark drakeford and what is he doing about the fuel crisis?
sir duckling tuft
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

I was hoping this was a thread asking where is mark drakeford and what is he doing about the fuel crisis?

I’m not sure there is anything he can do about the fuel crisis. 
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 7:52am
No reason to not stay up its a valid talking point and one world sport is scratching its head over. There was the New Zealand power lifter in the last Olympics didn't do very well mind. Then there is swimming which is a minefield but that requires male to female to have lowered testosterone levels for over year to compete with females.
So unless World rugby has changed its opinion Drakeford better get a good lawyer, the protection is there at IRB level and very clear:
Risk of Injury is too great
It has been proposed that the suppression of testosterone for a period of 12 months is sufficient to remove the biological differences that create performance differences summarised above.

Research contradicts this, consistently showing that total mass, muscle mass and/or strength are reduced by at most 5% to 10% when testosterone is suppressed to levels in the female range, for a period of 12 months. With the additional factor of training, either before or during the period of testosterone suppression, it is expected that baseline/pre levels for these variables will be higher, and that training will attenuate the decline in these variables with testosterone reduction. The consequence is that given the size of the biological differences prior to testosterone suppression, this comparatively small effect of testosterone reduction allows substantial and meaningful differences to remain. This has significant implications for the risk of injury in rugby.

Full link here https://www.world.rugby/the-game/player-welfare/guidelines/transgender
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 10:40am
Pride alphabet mafia WinkWinkWink, dear me that’s a bit of a shocker tbh

Edited by RR1972 - 10 June 2022 at 2:25pm
ndavies198 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndavies198 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Openside75 Openside75 wrote:

He's now stated that transgender women are not only real women but should be entitled to compete in women's sport. 

Really?? 

So if a born Male , with his naturally bigger body mass, in terms of muscle growth and bone, decides he's actually a she and is allowed to compete in women's rugby, for instance, then what about the safety of the born females on that rugby field? 

Does the Pride alphabet mafia and political correctness trump the safety and rights of the born female players? 

What a world. 

I think Scarletabroad is right that it is a valid talking point and something that should be being  discussed and whether or not initially your tone seems a bit off openside75, it's important to protect women in rugby. But respect for any opinion you had was completely lost once you came out with "Pride alphabet mafia" because I assume you don't actually care about protecting women and you're only elbowing your way into this debate because you're an insecure little worm - aren't ya hun?
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 12:04pm
Don't have an opinion on this as I don't know enough about the science, and the social aspect is a trigger that I am not going to pull, but the query I have with safety based on muscle mass is that rugby is often stated as a game for all shapes and sizes. Perhaps an outdated phrase now, but if muscle mass and safety aspect is linked, would people then also apply this in a conventional male-only game? There are often large size differences between players, which must be a similar safety hazard no? If a male player is below a certain level should they not play?

I think discussions on the social aspect over-estimate the number of people it would apply to as well, I think we are talking about a very small number of individuals (I might be wrong).

Plus if they end up conducting routine testosterone monitoring then I bet a lot of rugby players would get pretty worried!
Openside75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 10:13pm
Hardly! When they're dictating who can take part in what sport despite of health and safety of biological women then that's exactly what they become, oh woke one!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Don't have an opinion on this as I don't know enough about the science, and the social aspect is a trigger that I am not going to pull, but the query I have with safety based on muscle mass is that rugby is often stated as a game for all shapes and sizes. Perhaps an outdated phrase now, but if muscle mass and safety aspect is linked, would people then also apply this in a conventional male-only game? There are often large size differences between players, which must be a similar safety hazard no? If a male player is below a certain level should they not play?

I think discussions on the social aspect over-estimate the number of people it would apply to as well, I think we are talking about a very small number of individuals (I might be wrong).

Plus if they end up conducting routine testosterone monitoring then I bet a lot of rugby players would get pretty worried!
Wow don't have an opinion on it but willing to accuse many a make rugby player of illegal performance enhancing  drug abuse, ok.... Sit down you pillock. 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by ndavies198 ndavies198 wrote:

Really?? 

What a world. 

I think Scarletabroad is right that it is a valid talking point and something that should be being  discussed and whether or not initially your tone seems a bit off openside75, it's important to protect women in rugby. But respect for any opinion you had was completely lost once you came out with "Pride alphabet mafia" because I assume you don't actually care about protecting women and you're only elbowing your way into this debate because you're an insecure little worm - aren't ya hun?

My reply is not off in the slightest. If your happy to see men compete as women and injure actually women in the process then crack on. Me? I'm actually very passionate on the subject and for the right bloody reasons. 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 10:17pm
[QUOTE=RR1972]Pride alphabet mafia WinkWinkWink, dear me that’s a bit of a shocker tbh[/QUOTEHardly! When they're dictating who can take part in what sport despite of health and safety of biological women then that's exactly what they become, oh woke one!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

Lmfao. Unfortunately here in Wales where he actually does have some influence he's just given 16 year olds the vote. Fresh out of an education system where in even primary schools children are being taught that there's multiple genders. Meanwhile his influence on the fuel crisis is next to zero. 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 10:23pm
Note many a typo n grammatical error in my replies tonight. No doubt they'll be icied up on. But my main points still remain and I'm sure you all catch my drift regardless. Nos da. Vote Labour. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 7:45am
Originally posted by ndavies198 ndavies198 wrote:

Really?? 

What a world. 

Insecure little worm - aren't you hun? Thats well out of order. openside75's comments are highlighting a huge problem facing sport in general & from my admittedly limited knowledge of the subject alphabet mafia is not his term it is in general use by the LBGT community themselves. 

Its perfectly acceptable for us posters to have different views and to express them ( Dic Penderyn & I have had our disagreements for instance) but we have never resorted to using personal abuse.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 10:27am

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Wow don't have an opinion on it but willing to accuse many a make rugby player of illegal performance enhancing  drug abuse, ok.... Sit down you pillock. 

Bit over sensitive there, I thought it pretty obvious that was a joke. And yes, I do have suspicions that performance enhancing drugs are used in the sport to a level greater than known publically. A different opinion to your own perhaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're used in most pro sports.

But that risks hijacking the thread, which is not my aim. Most of my post was actually serious comments about the topic.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 11:25am
Valid point re trans gender sport tbh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic