Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

McCauley Cook,Hamilton +Young .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I played against Shaw when he was with Bristol U21s whilst playing for Llanelli U21s
  Iesu i didnt realise Shaw was that old mun Wink. Maybe he could do a job for us for a year?
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 4:49pm

I played against Shaw when he was with Bristol U21s whilst playing for Llanelli U21s
he's definately too old then.WinkLOLLOL
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 5:01pm
Oh yes way too old!!!!! Smile

I wouldnt mind him here for a year but i agree with TF he may want to help Bristol out.

We could do with his type.

why dont we do a swap with a southern hemesphire team. Im sure a summer down under would do a world of good for somone like Dan Evans for example.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 8:06pm

Can he lead a choir though like LLANDRE
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 8:08pm
Can he hell Smile
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 9:57pm
He must come from the hilly part of Bristol then round Clifton way as its quite clear you both had hard paper rounds!!
That being said nowhere near as hard as Dai Lyons by the look of him.
Forget about Simon Shaw even if it was a possibility I forgot he had made the England squad 45!!

Edited by Turkish Fez - 21 June 2011 at 10:01pm
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 10:51pm
The Western Mail sold well in those days T.F !!!!Smile
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",1);//-->
 These are three hugely talented boys,I would look to bring to the Scarlets for next season if available .

Firstly McCauley Cook a future welsh international lock if I ever saw one,a couple of seasons down the line he will be pushing alun Wyn and Bradley for the lock position a great athlete and all round forward .

Secondly Luke Hamilton been very impressive at the under 20s world cup,can play across the back row ,with the possibility of Josh and Gog away plus lyons gone we are going to be very light in numbers in the back row .Why Hamilton and Siggery were allowed to leave the region is a mystery .

I would also look to bring in Thomas Young a great openside prospect,with Warburton,Martyn and Navidi ahead of him at the Blues,and his dad possibly joined Wasps would certainly be worth  looking at bringing him to the Scarlets .

These three players would greatly strengthen our young squad,which will be formidable in two years time .

i agree mate but those players are already in other regions academies and probably under contract, and they may not want to leave a team that they've grown up in, or developed in, or maybe support.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 3:15pm

The Western Mail sold well in those days T.F !!!!Smile
Must have contained a heavy supplement you poor lad. You must have used your singing to help you carry the heavy tiresome load. Every cloud has a silver lining!!
ristybabes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ristybabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 10:39pm
After the performance against Fiji today, I don't know how anyone can say these 3 forwards are outstanding prospects. We always seems to make them out to be better than they are and put these players on a pedestal. It only happens in Wales ! 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 11:21pm
It just seems to me that through out the structure of Welsh rugby not just now but going back 30 odd years we as a nation cannot produce in quantity quality front five forwards. As a result the norm is that we cannot consistantly match the physicality of alot of sides especially from the SH. We either have technical skillful forwards who just get battered in the trenches or the lumps we have tried to use just aint good enough. Why is this? The decline of industry where the men working were naturally strong. It has not bothered othe countries!!  Wacko
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:17am
generally I'd agree but a front 5 of

gethim smiler adam jones
bradley davies alun wyn jones

is pretty solid and a match for most sides, none of those boys have been down a mine or working in a steel works
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 3:31am
Originally posted by ristybabes ristybabes wrote:

After the performance against Fiji today, I don't know how anyone can say these 3 forwards are outstanding prospects. We always seems to make them out to be better than they are and put these players on a pedestal. It only happens in Wales ! 

Where did you see the the game ?
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 10:59am

In fact we are no better off in analysing the reasons for our defeat after reading Andy Bowell in today's Eastern Mule. Anyone with the scoreline and scores in front of them could have filed his account. And believe it or not he had the cheek to to say that some of the "excuse-mongers trotted out all manner of excuses, one of them factually incorrect following the 92-0 rolling over against New Zealand" Not like your accounts at all then Andy in that there was only one incorrect "fact" 

No mention also made of the fact that all the try scorers went through the Scarlets Academy and not his beloved Galacticos or Blues.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

generally I'd agree but a front 5 of

gethim smiler adam jones
bradley davies alun wyn jones

is pretty solid and a match for most sides, none of those boys have been down a mine or working in a steel works
I agree with you but there is no depth at all. There have been individuals over the years that have been class but always very little to back them in the evnt of injuries.
I know they are a world apart but take into account the number of SA players that come to Europe to play and yet they still have depth in their forwards when the big guns are out.
Rugby fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rugby fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

No mention also made of the fact that all the try scorers went through the Scarlets Academy and not his beloved Galacticos or Blues.

You say that like he has good things to say about the Ospreys?

The man is a wart on the arse of Welsh rugby. How he has a job reporting for the National paper of Wales is beyond me! The sooner they see him for the forum trawling wan**r he is, the better for Welsh rugby.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic