Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Metric

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metric
    Posted: 25 January 2023 at 4:45am
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

This is a story I hadn't seen before 

Shocking that an American “pint” is smaller than a UK pint !!!😱🍺
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 10:18am
I like the fact that the English pint was 3x smaller than the Scottish pint ...Scottish pint was around 1600ml.....I wonder if they have the 2 pint limit before you can't drive LOL
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 10:20am
On a slightly new topic , I've started to hear people walk into pubs and order a 568.......times are changing

scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Shocking that an American “pint” is smaller than a UK pint !!!😱🍺

explains why they couldn't keep up with us now poor lambs were hamstrung by inadequate pint sizes in training
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 7:46pm

Scientists everywhere use the SI method of measurement - I still giggle at the thought that a spaceship crashed on Mars because some engineers in the US failed to notice a mismatch in the units being used.
(When I was at school, we got taught to convert between THREE systems: British FPS (foot, pound, second) and two versions of metric: CGS (centimetre, gram, second) and MKS (metre, kilogram, second) - this last being the forerunner of the System Internationale. )

It certainly made us aware of the potential for problems...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 8:04pm
I love S.I units .....just like xmas 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 8:22pm
The Americans are just mad.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 8:24pm

On a slightly new topic , I've started to hear people walk into pubs and order a 568.......times are changing

What's that ?

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 8:32pm
568ml in a pint , get with it old man Wink
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 10:01pm

568ml in a pint , get with it old man Wink

I can't keep up with you puppies. 

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 7:24am
Struggling to see the point of this topic could be the worse one by a country mile Wink
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 7:52am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Struggling to see the point of this topic could be the worse one by a country mile Wink

Its getting there Nige but I must say I like the 568 idea. When you visit that great institution in Tirydail next try and ask for one & see what happens. LOL
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 8:51am

Nice one Nige....Wink
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 8:52am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Its getting there Nige but I must say I like the 568 idea. When you visit that great institution in Tirydail next try and ask for one & see what happens. LOL

When you mention Tirydail , I keep thinking of the lord of the rings film ...I think Tirydail is the shire  where the hobbits live LOL
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 10:26am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

When you mention Tirydail , I keep thinking of the lord of the rings film ...I think Tirydail is the shire  where the hobbits live LOL
nice tea there though.Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic