Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moriarty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by John John wrote:

But the Drags one would be alot more because it would be a NDC and the Drags contribution. For us it would just be the NDC. Our contract would be separate. Or would it?

We're going to pay Moriarty alot ourselves so one really wouldnt expect the Drags (=WRU) to pay alot more than us before the NDC. But it is certainly wrong and against various contract laws that the WRU might have information as to what we are bidding when they (=Drags) also are bidding. I'm currently tendering for some business and I would love to know what the opposition is tendering- as they no doubt would love to know what I am doing. 
Don't think it works like that. WRU negotiate the full contract & the region agree to pay 40%. I cannot see that what has been reported i.e. WRU offering Moriarty two separate NDC's depending on which region he joins would be allowable within the regional game. I fully understand that the Dragons are less attractive to returning Wales players but that is not the fault of the Scarlets. This suggests that the WRU are hell bent on attempting to level out the -playing strengths of all regions instead of allowing excellence to flourish.

All regions should have the same WRU funding & they cannot show bias to any region regardless of ownership. I think it is probably time that NDC's were scrapped and the central monies saved put back into the equally shared pot. Regions must stand or fall by the quality of their management.

I agree hence why I have posted it. Comes from a usually reliable source who is very close to everything Gloucester. Seems poor show if true and potentially illegal?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 5:09pm
oh for those old days when roger was in charge.Wink
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Just had a word from a friend close to Gloucester and apparently the WRU have offered Ross two different NDCs. One for the Dragons and one for the Scarlets BUT the offer is a lot more if he goes to the Dragons. Poor show if that is the case as it's not considering what is best for the player.

This isn't true, not to belittle your contact, but effectively our offer is a sub-market price contract (as the market price is the highest offer) and therefore isn't going to be taken up by anyway. It just wouldn't happen as it's absurd.

Not even the stupidest moron in the WRU could concoct that one, thankfully. 

Edited by PearlJam - 08 November 2017 at 5:22pm
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

oh for those old days when roger was in charge.Wink

Is he still at Cardiff Airport? (Trolley Dolly ? LOL)   its all very quiet from him these days -thankfully!
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 5:59pm
this is the whole reason that the WRU owning one of four regions is untenable unfair and frankly unbelievable only in Wales you are rewarded for failure and hampered if you are successful.
The Dragons are a disgrace always have been and are a huge drain on WRU resources without giving anything back. It's not going to change it's in the interest of WRU for them to be succesful at expense of the other regions.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

this is the whole reason that the WRU owning one of four regions is untenable unfair and frankly unbelievable only in Wales you are rewarded for failure and hampered if you are successful.
The Dragons are a disgrace always have been and are a huge drain on WRU resources without giving anything back. It's not going to change it's in the interest of WRU for them to be succesful at expense of the other regions.

Agree with all of the above a reward for failure, and would not be at all surprised if these claims are true

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 7:46pm
Whether true or not, given the scale of possible conflicts of interest with the WRU owning 1 region but being mandated to represent fairly and equitably all 4, then it always has had all the hallmarks of a decent soap opera this.

Can't see how it can end well.

Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 8:03pm
Why cant the wru just share the £ equally between the 4 regions amd state that it must be used for wq players simple that isnt it
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by John John wrote:

But the Drags one would be alot more because it would be a NDC and the Drags contribution. For us it would just be the NDC. Our contract would be separate. Or would it?

We're going to pay Moriarty alot ourselves so one really wouldnt expect the Drags (=WRU) to pay alot more than us before the NDC. But it is certainly wrong and against various contract laws that the WRU might have information as to what we are bidding when they (=Drags) also are bidding. I'm currently tendering for some business and I would love to know what the opposition is tendering- as they no doubt would love to know what I am doing. 
Don't think it works like that. WRU negotiate the full contract & the region agree to pay 40%. I cannot see that what has been reported i.e. WRU offering Moriarty two separate NDC's depending on which region he joins would be allowable within the regional game. I fully understand that the Dragons are less attractive to returning Wales players but that is not the fault of the Scarlets. This suggests that the WRU are hell bent on attempting to level out the -playing strengths of all regions instead of allowing excellence to flourish.

All regions should have the same WRU funding & they cannot show bias to any region regardless of ownership. I think it is probably time that NDC's were scrapped and the central monies saved put back into the equally shared pot. Regions must stand or fall by the quality of their management.

I agree hence why I have posted it. Comes from a usually reliable source who is very close to everything Gloucester. Seems poor show if true and potentially illegal?
This can only have happened with the Scarlets' knowledge. We have to sign up to fund the 60%. Ross's agent would simply let us know about the higher bid, as well.

Which is why I find it hard to believe sorry Supertaf.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Why cant the wru just share the £ equally between the 4 regions amd state that it must be used for wq players simple that isnt it
They pay some of the money in line with the amount of players called up, which is fair - and good for us at the moment.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 8:46pm

That's too simple.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 8:54pm

Yeah but this is Welsh rugby we don't do simple
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Yeah but this is Welsh rugby we don't do simple
We need a meerkat or few.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

That's too simple.

Far too simple and doesn’t allow the WRU to be self important. Dual contracts will always be imbalanced unless an equal amount of money is allocated to each region.
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 9:55pm
What do you expect from an organisation whose logo is the symbol of a foreign prince whose country invaded us, had our leaders hung, drawn and quartered, then subjugated us, and still controls most important aspects of our lives?
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 10:14pm
If this is true, i find it unbelievable and a discrace. Regardless of the fact that the WRU have complete ownership of the dragons, they should not be able to offer more money to a player to join the dragons over another region.
If the deal on the table is greater to join the dragons in total (that’s 100% funded by the WRU, not 60/40) then that must mean that the Scarlets have an evaluation of Moriarty that is considerably less than that of the WRU, or the WRU are hell bent on stocking the dragons with players that may not necessarily want to be there, but will have to go there in order to be selected for Wales - which I’m sure that a legal person would make mincemeat out of.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic