Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Munster v Scarlets match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Tom Youngs received 4 weeks for belter of a few punches who also had 2 suspensions previous for striking.
I'd be surprised if Lousi gets anything more than a 4 week ban, cut to 2 for decent record and sorry. 

Cue an inevitable topic where his ban will be compared to others. 

What's wrong with that?
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 9:59am
Such a shame because that game was winnable.  Even with 14 men it was winnable.

Considering that rugby is his job, surely Lousi could have controlled himself a bit better.  It wasn't even as if he'd lost his temper, it looked more petulant than angry. I don't think I've seen a Scarlet player throw a punch in all the time we've been at Parc y Scarlets, and can't even remember when at Stradey either??

Ratuva's incident was a little more forgiveable but compare that (sorry SA14) to Steff Evans' red card against Leinster a few seasons ago - it was much worse.  I think if we hadn't already had one red, the ref might have been more inclined to give a red to Ratuva. 

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 10:17am
I can consider all the absences in the team, but  at the Moment situation is not so easy..surely a caracter performance better then other away games, but no points..we are lucky teams back to us go slowly and hope our best moments will come after 6N...
Baldwin to Chiefs seems done 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Tom Youngs received 4 weeks for belter of a few punches who also had 2 suspensions previous for striking.
I'd be surprised if Lousi gets anything more than a 4 week ban, cut to 2 for decent record and sorry. 

Cue an inevitable topic where his ban will be compared to others. 

What's wrong with that?

Because whatever band our players get I don’t think I’ve ever seen ‘that sounds about right’ our players always come off on the wrong end. There was a large topic on here before he even joined us on his temperament on pitch. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 10:44am
It's ironic that if Ratuva had driven/tackled the Munster player into the ground with his 19 stone crashing on top of him then it would have been perfectly legal and probably have caused more damage to the player. Another lesson learned the hard way. The Irish are so much more street-wise.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 1:00pm
The irish boy twisted himself in the tackle too. Im not saying tex didnt lift his leg, but the munster boy knew what he was doing too.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

The irish boy twisted himself in the tackle too. Im not saying tex didnt lift his leg, but the munster boy knew what he was doing too.
Absolutely.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

I'm convinced to this day that in the SF a few years ago that Ringrose ducked his head to go down head first when Steff tackled him. Steff did lift above the horizontal, but .......
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 2:51pm
Connacht win 19-29 against Kings. A good result fair play as they played most of the game with 14 mene.

Well done it must be said.

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 2:55pm
It's going to be some game in Galway in 3 weeks time.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 3:00pm
The fact that it is on a Friday night after the Scottish match does us no favours at all. Guys will have 1-2 training sessions together at most, and will have to travel on Thursday.

We may of course be without Tex and Sam !
Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

The fact that it is on a Friday night after the Scottish match does us no favours at all. Guys will have 1-2 training sessions together at most, and will have to travel on Thursday.

Will internationals be straight back into it ?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 6:03pm

Surely Tex will not be sighted ?? I felt penalty was suffice ,it was a great hit, the tackled player was not upended and he seemed to twist his own body .
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Surely Tex will not be sighted ?? I felt penalty was suffice ,it was a great hit, the tackled player was not upended and he seemed to twist his own body .
It wasn’t dirty or malicious but went over the horizontal but he landed fine . Surely the yellow is enough!
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Feverpitch Feverpitch wrote:

As the 6 Nations has finished, I'd have thought it's the Scarlets' call as to who plays. i trust their judgement to play only those who are ready. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by Feverpitch Feverpitch wrote:

As the 6 Nations has finished, I'd have thought it's the Scarlets' call as to who plays. i trust their judgement to play only those who are ready. 
We might get a couple in training early if not involved in the last round.
We're still still here!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic