Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Music Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Music or Rugby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 4:54pm
I'd buy £20 worth of crack for my kids before a ticket to Embrace .....
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Rugby... Music is way more important, throughout growing up Music has been at times a source of joy/solace and comfort, Rugby only gives me angst lol, even when we won the league in Cardiff it was Angst all the way.

£20 to go and watch a band like Embrace or £20 to watch the Scarlets.. sorry Embrace all the time......

TROLL
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Rugby... Music is way more important, throughout growing up Music has been at times a source of joy/solace and comfort, Rugby only gives me angst lol, even when we won the league in Cardiff it was Angst all the way.

£20 to go and watch a band like Embrace or £20 to watch the Scarlets.. sorry Embrace all the time......

TROLL

they a good band?????

Personal opinion there old boy... If I had an option of scarlets v embrace then it would be embrace all the way. I listen to them way more than I think of the scarlets...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:43pm
at the end of the day music is personal.....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:52pm
Less injuries in music. Mind you tighter drugs checks in rugby.

I'd rather watch Scarlets than go to see my favourite band live. The crowd and folk you meet at the rugby are much more chatty and likeminded than gig-goers, by and large. There's more emotion and unpredictability about a Scarlets match than a concert. Music, you can download it; buy the cd or dust off the vinyl. You know the songs but no concert can match the drama and the emotion of say Harlequins away last year. Or, inversely, the stunned surreal feeling of escaping with a last kick (Rhys ) draw away to Zebre, when the team played a bit like a car in limp home mode.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I'd rather watch Scarlets than go to see my favourite band live. The crowd and folk you meet at the rugby are much more chatty and likeminded than gig-goers, by and large. There's more emotion and unpredictability about a Scarlets match than a concert. Music, you can download it; buy the cd or dust off the vinyl. You know the songs but no concert can match the drama and the emotion of say Harlequins away last year. Or, inversely, the stunned surreal feeling of escaping with a last kick (Rhys ) draw away to Zebre, when the team played a bit like a car in limp home mode.

However, in concerts everybody wins, there's no losing.
And We Were Singing...
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

Remind yourself of that when you take your other half to a gig that she's attending just to humour you!

AstroScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 8:22pm

That's the difference for me too. Incredible, incredible day that.
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 8:48pm
My reply to Iwlew is better read with the two paras round the other way!

Have just been reminded that said other half might well continue to remind you about that for years to come, as well
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

Unless you go to an embrace gig
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 9:35pm
Watching BBC4 now and hearing Rick Wakeman reminds me of the story he told about Yes composing one of their albums. They'd decided to hide away in a French Chateau and compose the next masterwork.

Working and playing hard, they enjoyed the red wine plenty. After a while, they noticed that the bottles had changed and suddenly the band had a wine label named after them.

They were touched by this gesture and said so. in reply, the maitre d' said, "Oh M'sieur, c'est normal after drinking 2,000 bottles"!

Edited by Eastern outpost - 24 September 2014 at 9:36pm
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 10:55pm
(1)Sunday dinner more important than both of them !!! oh ye and Creme Brulee for pudding!!
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 11:58am
The music would have to go its all been crap since Abba split up.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
TheOracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

The music would have to go its all been crap since Abba split up.
as long as they don't play that God awful crap from the early sixties... Bye good that was crap
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 1:17pm
not even rugby can slay music, but sport v music? Shocked and what would become of dad dancing?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 2:55pm
Oracle with the amount you drink I should think one music genre sounds very like another.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic