Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New irb rules re player qualification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2021 at 10:42pm
My father was English, but have no allegiance to the country. However if one of my parents or grandparents had been born in an EU country I would have applied for that country’s passport post Brexit.
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2021 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

I have 4 grandparents and 2 parents that are English and feel that I have no allegiance to England at all I’m born and bred in wales and think that’s the only country I should be available to play for 

Think the fact that people can identify as what they want is a huge part of what’s wrong with the world if I’m honest  

Super niche and unsustainable opinion. But one of the reasons I love this forum 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2021 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

My father was English, but have no allegiance to the country. However if one of my parents or grandparents had been born in an EU country I would have applied for that country’s passport post Brexit.

Interesting comment - I would be interested to establish why you feel a British passport is not enough. 
Rob Hunt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2021 at 8:54am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Interesting comment - I would be interested to establish why you feel a British passport is not enough. 
Freedom of movement within the EU without the need to apply for a visa and no restrictions on length of stay in those countries would be pretty good reasons.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2021 at 9:07am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Freedom of movement within the EU without the need to apply for a visa and no restrictions on length of stay in those countries would be pretty good reasons.

Thanks for that. I guess for very frequent travellers multiple visa applications and being restricted to a 3 month (I think) stay in one country could prove to be onerous. Is it correct that you could actually apply for 4 visas in 4 different countries ans spend 4 x 3 months in each country under the new rules? 
Kentexile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2021 at 9:32am
Think this one probably better suited to one in the general chat forum but the short answer is no - you are looking at a stay within the area as a whole so even though you can  visit multiple countries the 90/180 time limits still apply overall.
There are some exceptions e.g Cyprus Bulgaria Croatia and Romania which have their own 90 day limits.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2021 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Kentexile Kentexile wrote:

Think this one probably better suited to one in the general chat forum but the short answer is no - you are looking at a stay within the area as a whole so even though you can  visit multiple countries the 90/180 time limits still apply overall.
There are some exceptions e.g Cyprus Bulgaria Croatia and Romania which have their own 90 day limits.

Many thanks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic