Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Zealand selection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

We also naively always walk into their ambush....We should do a 5/10 minute video nasty of all the filth and cheating the all blacks have pulled on us and show it to the referee before each match in the pre match dinner...starting with the andy haden dive, all the way to shelford knocking out huw richards and andrew hore clothes lining brad davies sending him to emergency ward or the spear tackle on BOD for the lions ....no cards nothing absolute filth.....and we just sit back shrug our shoulders sit on our thumbs and do nothing....pathetic. IF we really want to be the best we need to wise up and stop letting these things slide

There probably is enough content for each 1st Tier coach to put out an Erasmus style video of the ABs getting away with murder.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

Coch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Coch Coch wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Clearly the Welsh management see something in Carre & Lewis that I and many other posters do not. I will watch with     interest. 
Well I certainly dont!! Carre is a liabkility
What they still see in Carre I don't know! Rob would have been a far better replacement and certainly less of a liability!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 11:11pm

Clearly the Welsh management see something in Carre & Lewis that I and many other posters do not. I will watch with     interest. 
What they still see in Carre I don't know! Rob would have been a far better replacement and certainly less of a liability!
how come hes out in the cold?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 11:43pm

how come hes out in the cold?
Likewise Samson. Both are fit again and playing regularly 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2021 at 7:10am

If everyone had been available and the side had been something like 
liam
adams
north
williams(scott or johnny)
lrz
sheedy/biggar
cawdror/webb
faletau
tips
wainwright/jenkins
awj
beard
frances
ken
wyn jones
how would we have fared?
Id guess 15 points better. The depth is nowhere near theirs but as a poster rightly says theyre trained far better, they dont die with the ball as easily, they commit way fewer at the rucks and dont waste themselves diving into a lost ball ruck, theyve perfected that art 30 yrs ago but we are still diving in to lost causes. why?

They make the right decisions at the right time, ie when to cross kick , to kick into space to hoist a bomb or a grubber and they do so more accurately. They take the rules to the edge and beyond, they cheat all the time. But they test the ref and see what they can get away with. They almost never get all their players onside at rucks and refs commentators ignore it so they carry on. We are never as close to the offside line, hence our defence is less aggressive allowing them more time on the ball. 

The difference in off the ball running between the southern hemisphere and northern is staggering. Were plain lazy. Standing around like statues half the time or all bunched up in one area of the field....Making life as easy as possible for their defence.

Kicking we kick aimlessly , always have done. Our restarts are either too long or not evough height on them to give us time to compete, some of our chasing yesterday was pathetic. We rarely employ the grubber or cross field kicks into space against the rush defence. 

We also naively always walk into their ambush....We should do a 5/10 minute video nasty of all the filth and cheating the all blacks have pulled on us and show it to the referee before each match in the pre match dinner...starting with the andy haden dive, all the way to shelford knocking out huw richards and andrew hore clothes lining brad davies sending him to emergency ward or the spear tackle on BOD for the lions ....no cards nothing absolute filth.....and we just sit back shrug our shoulders sit on our thumbs and do nothing....pathetic. IF we really want to be the best we need to wise up and stop letting these things slide

Frankly Roy that team would have suffered the same result. You have changed one player in the front 5 - that would probably not have changed our experiences in the scrum or, from past evidence, the lineout.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2021 at 9:38am
We’d have beem closer, i forgot to mention ben thomas another cardiff sub who somehow ends up in the welsh 23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic