Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newcastle force Robson out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newcastle force Robson out
    Posted: 30 August 2004 at 11:12am

Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson has been sacked by the club after their poor start to the Premiership season.

Two points from four games have left the Magpies 16th in the league.

A statement from the club explained that the directors had informed the 71-year-old Robson that he was to be replaced as team manager.

Full Story Here

Edit:- either included the link with the headlines or if pasting the whole story say where it came from Unless of course its all your own words.

Other forums have had problems in the past where they have copied a news story and not included links or where the story came from .

Edited by administrator
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 12:55pm
hes done so much for the tonn, just wernt given the chance he deserved to get them out of trouble
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 7:34pm
bloody disgusting treatment by newcastle,hope shearer leaves as well.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

swissscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 7:44pm
can only agree there. Robson did never deserve such a shamful and utterly disgraceful treatment. I hope Shearer leaves and signs up for Celtic  the next day.
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 7:48pm
sounds good to me but didnt junhinio look the part against the huns

swissscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 8:01pm
he did but jouninho is rather a player for the midfield. Up to now I'm not overly convinced of Camara and BBJ and Sutty don't look to be free from injury over the whole course of the season and with wee maloney still out for quite a while, I'd really welcome a player of such great talent, experience and skill for the CL campaign. However, with the money provided by the board, I couldn't see it happen, unfortunately.
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 8:40pm
big john looks fitter than ive seen for a couple of seasons,camara needs another few games and i think with our midfield to feed them they will perform.

Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 11:30pm

Bit of deja vu here. Wasn't it roughly 48 AFTER Gullit left Shearer out of a losing Newcastle game that he was sacked..??

Shocking treatment before this sacking with the statement from Shepard - regarding Robson's contract not being renewed at the end of the season.

"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 10:43am
hey bin, thers a rumour that saviola is coming to paradise on a season long loan!!!
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by reesdascarlet reesdascarlet wrote:

hey bin, thers a rumour that saviola is coming to paradise on a season long loan!!!

Would that paradise be Stade Louis II in the Principality of Monaco then Rees - according to Joan Laporta, Barca's big cheese, that's where he's headed, and not Celtic, even though O'Neill had been in touch regarding Saviola's availability.

I think O'Neill has turned his attentions to Yorke of Blackburn, and Desailly has been involved in talks too.

"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 12:40am
doesnt look like anyhting came out of any of those enquires.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic