Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next American President

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next American President
    Posted: 10 November 2022 at 8:24am
In light of the popularity of the thread regarding our wonderful Tory party & the array of unelected Prime Ministers ( unless of course you seriously count a bunch of corrupt MP's & the blue rinse brigade from Faversham) I thought I would add another soap opera for digestion.

Across the atlantic the mid terms are upon us which tend not to go very favourably for sitting presidents. It seems that Trump's campaign to get elected again in 2024 did not go too smoothly judging by results of course not his slightly skewed take on reality.

The current darling of the Republican party DeSantis retained the governorship of Florida with a much increased majority & very importantly with a large proportion of the Latina vote. He is being strongly groomed to run for President in 2024. Now this clearly presents Trump with quite a dilemma. His response - true to form he warns DeSantis not to run as he has some serious dirt on him. Apparently he knows as much about DeSantis as anyone apart from his wife - the mind boggles.

Trump is making a major announcement on 15th November, widely expected to be that he is running. That will start another very interesting 24 months in politics thats for sure. 

Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

In light of the popularity of the thread regarding our wonderful Tory party & the array of unelected Prime Ministers ( unless of course you seriously count a bunch of corrupt MP's & the blue rinse brigade from Faversham) I thought I would add another soap opera for digestion.

Across the atlantic the mid terms are upon us which tend not to go very favourably for sitting presidents. It seems that Trump's campaign to get elected again in 2024 did not go too smoothly judging by results of course not his slightly skewed take on reality.

The current darling of the Republican party DeSantis retained the governorship of Florida with a much increased majority & very importantly with a large proportion of the Latina vote. He is being strongly groomed to run for President in 2024. Now this clearly presents Trump with quite a dilemma. His response - true to form he warns DeSantis not to run as he has some serious dirt on him. Apparently he knows as much about DeSantis as anyone apart from his wife - the mind boggles.

Trump is making a major announcement on 15th November, widely expected to be that he is running. That will start another very interesting 24 months in politics thats for sure. 

I think that some diversity courses may go well to placate those in Faversham who aren’t blue rinse plus those blue, or any other colour, rinses who think they have to move to Faversham. Wink

Here’s hoping for 2025 onwards is a no Trumps term.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I think that some diversity courses may go well to placate those in Faversham who aren’t blue rinse plus those blue, or any other colour, rinses who think they have to move to Faversham. Wink

I must, of course, apologise to my many friends in Faversham, who have no blue in their persona whatsoever. Had some good Shepherd & Neame beer in my last visit to Faversham so its not all bad. 
scarletpimp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Interestingly enough,  the wife and I were in holiday in Rhodes in May.
A different times we met Americans, and it illustrated the divide.
On one hand the first bunch ,as you say apologised for Trump..."still a national embarrassment ", they said.
In contrast, met another,  not your typical Trump redneck,
but a computer program manager from California.
He disputed all the elections in which Trump lost, and Trumps involvement in thecstorming of the Capital. 
He also didn't agree in any covid restrictions, despite record numbers dying in USA.
I put him straight pretty quickly, and said look, we here, are friends of USA. Never forgotten how many young Americans layed down their lives on the beaches of Norman and other places so we can enjoy the freedom we call democracy today.
It's that very democracy  that Trump  has attempted to undermine.
He is a dangerous man,  and an enemy of the truth.
The guy didn't like it,but at least we parted company with a handshake,  which was good

I stood yer on tanner bank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic