Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ospreys Game on Friday.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2021 at 2:15pm
It’s funny a lot were critical of Dragons for not streaming the game last week but it’s ok for us not to do it. Would be nice for people have to travel over 130 miles each way for every game. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2021 at 2:22pm
Don't really understand why the club cannot stream games like this for a small fee. I am sure supporters would be happy to pay. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2021 at 2:25pm
Theres a good app called Crowdcast which would work really well.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2021 at 5:45pm
Let's not forget that this has been organised as a development fixture, to allow players - especially young prospects and key injury returnees - to get some valuable game time ahead of the SA mini-tour which will must happen without our internationals.

Last Friday's game at Rodney Parade was initially scheduled for 2pm - they only changed it when there was a clamour from rugby-starved crowds. The game has to be on Friday to fit with the clubs' other plans and commitments, and unfortunately it will overlap with other events in the town - it's regrettable but can't really be helped. The club will not make any money from the fixture - it's about game time for the players made possible by the new URC/Autumn Test scheduling, and it should be seen as such.

Hopefully a little more forward planning will be possible for similar windows in the future - it would be great to see games against English clubs' development sides - but let's keep in mind the primary focus of the game.
jimmywilde View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmywilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2021 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Let's not forget that this has been organised as a development fixture, to allow players - especially young prospects and key injury returnees - to get some valuable game time ahead of the SA mini-tour which will must happen without our internationals.

Last Friday's game at Rodney Parade was initially scheduled for 2pm - they only changed it when there was a clamour from rugby-starved crowds. The game has to be on Friday to fit with the clubs' other plans and commitments, and unfortunately it will overlap with other events in the town - it's regrettable but can't really be helped. The club will not make any money from the fixture - it's about game time for the players made possible by the new URC/Autumn Test scheduling, and it should be seen as such.

Hopefully a little more forward planning will be possible for similar windows in the future - it would be great to see games against English clubs' development sides - but let's keep in mind the primary focus of the game.
Maybe next year it could be set up as a little A league to be played in the November window. 3 rounds, home or away, done.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2021 at 7:18pm
If its on Fridays it should ideally be streamed. I get why its not, but keeping fans engaged is more likely going to attract fans back to the more viable Saturday games (when they resume).
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Are the Scarlets streaming  the game live 
I don’t think we have ever done that sadly but  tbh with it being us v the Ospreys and a local derby against our biggest rivals I would expect the chances as being Zero! 🤔 I would hope for a decent crowd on Friday at 7pm
For a game that isn't dictated by TV, they pick 7pm on Friday night clashing with Llanelli carnival? Excellent forward thinking as always by the club.

I think the club can be forgiven for this kick off time when you consider that a Saturday time would clash with televised Internationals & there is the small matter of organising getting to South Africa which presumably could be happening on Sunday!!!!

We had no crowds for a whole season people should be thankful. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2021 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I don’t think we have ever done that sadly but  tbh with it being us v the Ospreys and a local derby against our biggest rivals I would expect the chances as being Zero! 🤔 I would hope for a decent crowd on Friday at 7pm
For a game that isn't dictated by TV, they pick 7pm on Friday night clashing with Llanelli carnival? Excellent forward thinking as always by the club.

I think the club can be forgiven for this kick off time when you consider that a Saturday time would clash with televised Internationals & there is the small matter of organising getting to South Africa which presumably could be happening on Sunday!!!!

We had no crowds for a whole season people should be thankful. 
. That’s a great point tbh 👏
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 11:05am

I'd be far more likely to attend a lunchtime KO on the Saturday or even a Thursday night if i lived locally with young kids. Appreciate Sunday might be out of the question but would the squad go over there that early given the supposed lack of jetlag flying south?
No jet lag as SA isnt much difference time wise to us. Lag is when you fly across a vast difference in time zone.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Rubrum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 11:46am
I have flown to Jo'burg and Cape Town often (and back of course).

No jet-lag but it's a long flight and you are always tired at the end of it.
Best timing is 12 hrs to Jo'burg, 13 hours to the Cape.

Plus all the messing around at the airports.
No fun at all.

Edited by Rubrum - 17 November 2021 at 11:52am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rubrum
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 11:53am
Add transit to London for any flight really…and no direct flights to Durban ( connect through Joburg I’m guessing).
24 hours door to door.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Rubrum Rubrum wrote:

I have flown to Jo'burg and Cape Town often (and back of course).

No jet-lag but it's a long flight and you are always tired at the end of it.
Best timing is 12 hrs to Jo'burg, 13 hours to the Cape.

Plus all the messing around at the airports.
No fun at all.

Agree any long flight is tiring but jet lag is something totally different.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 12:13pm
Bahh try doing longhaul in the back of a hercules then your talking Wink
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Is the military Trolley Dolly service any good ? 😉✈️ 🪂 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 3:46pm

ha not the best! Any idea of the team for fri folks??
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 3:51pm

ha not the best! Any idea of the team for fri folks??

I'd like to see Patchell have another 60 minutes so that he can sharpen up for the SA trip. If fit, it would be good to see Josh McLeod and Corey Baldwin have some game time too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic