Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pitch invaders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Id say wrecking a test match is pretty serious, jail them , build more jails if needs beSmile

Great idea, be prepared to pay higher taxes for the privelige then.  
What is allowed to go on in the Stadium is the responsibility of the owners, the WRU.  They have lost control and should lose their licence to stage big events if the city council deem it appropriate.  Yes I know it's highly unlikely
but pitch invasions are not police issues unless a law has been broken.

For what it's worth, the South African covering defence would have smashed Liam into the advertising boards before he would have got near the try line.
i’d quite happily pay extra taxes to keep miscreants behind bars where they belong and not out hurting and stealing from decent people btw its a criminal offence to invade a football pitch but  not a rugby one that’s just daft. Take the licence off the wru to host events , yeah like that will ever happen

Edited by RR1972 - 07 November 2021 at 12:17pm
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

We've seen this happen twice now in two games, can't help but feel some kind of barriers should be installed between the pitch and the crowd - like we have at PYS.

No barrier at all at the Principality Stadium.

There is a wall and and advertising hoarding  much the same as we have at Parc y scarlets.

Yeah it’s exactly the same. I dunno if anyones seen the full video but the way he did it the steward would have to have been The flash to stop him. He pretended he was going to a seat in the front row by going to the person on the end as if he was trying to pass, then jumped over.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Make him watch the Ospreys next 5 matches - OK, that's a bit cruel for a civilised nation to inflict and we'd probably be taken to a human rights court - maybe the next two then.

Remind me not to be brought on front of you.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 12:50pm

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

There must be a fine? I'd imagine if this was a four figure sum then few would do it. Plus add a criminal record on to it as well.

What is the current punishment out of interest?

As it's a stadium security issue I would imagine a long ban would be as hard as they can go.  I doubt it's a police matter unless he committed a crime like assault.  He was more likely a victim of assault himself, though I don't think he'd be wise to pursue a case.

Don't see why they can't give a £1000 fine or more. Like on trains the emergency stop has a penalty for misuse which is a fine plus threat of a criminal record I think. It's a very strong deterrent and is a relevant example as there could be times going on the pitch is needed for crowd safety or unexpected circumstances.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 1:20pm

There must be a fine? I'd imagine if this was a four figure sum then few would do it. Plus add a criminal record on to it as well.

What is the current punishment out of interest?

As it's a stadium security issue I would imagine a long ban would be as hard as they can go.  I doubt it's a police matter unless he committed a crime like assault.  He was more likely a victim of assault himself, though I don't think he'd be wise to pursue a case.

Don't see why they can't give a £1000 fine or more. Like on trains the emergency stop has a penalty for misuse which is a fine plus threat of a criminal record I think. It's a very strong deterrent and is a relevant example as there could be times going on the pitch is needed for crowd safety or unexpected circumstances.

This. Easy to impose. Invade the pitch that’ll be a grand please. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 2:29pm
I think the current fine is 4 figures. 

I remember maybe 5-10 years ago I was hanging around at the bar long after the final whistle for a 6N international in the stadium and some guy ran onto the pitch and did a swan dive under the posts. When the stewards walked him off one of the security guards said that’ll be a £3k fine - and that was when no players are on the pitch.

This guy Jarvo needs to be stopped - he’s a YouTuber with no talent just a little rat. The first one at the England India test match was funny, then the 2nd time not funny, then the NFL at Spurs’ ground, then the NZ game and then the Irish game yesterday. 

The guy just films it and puts it on YouTube and makes money off it. In this case I think he needs to be fined so much his livelihood is taken away. I think the deterrent is enough - better than more security/barriers etc
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 8:28pm
Didn’t there used to be signs by the pitch saying it was a criminal offence to step onto the pitch?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 9:01pm
Ban any pitch invader for life £5k fine and 2 week jail term.,that will put an end to it
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 9:07pm
The kn*b has been named and shamed as well as the club he belongs to. There are also a couple of petitions asking for a life ban at the stadium. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 10:25pm
His rugby club needs to issue a statement disassociating itself from him and denying him future tickets. Likewise the WRU needs to ban him for say 5 years. As for him he has shown no remorse and no public Social Media posts yet is bleating about threats ( which obviously is also unacceptable) .Shocking role model example for a father of two young children 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 8:18pm
I NEVER sit in the main body of the stadium any more.Too many clowns back and fore with pints and to the loo.
The non alcohol area behind the posts, by the far the best and cheaper .
Will never go to 'Judgement Day' again,,even though its excellent value, spoilt by non rugby fans out for a jolly, usually "smashed" by the end,  Embarrassing really !
I stood yer on tanner bank
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 12:24am
He's banned for life from the Stadium and they will be looking at his club too. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 12:42am
And possibly some big win bonuses lost by the squad as well ? We shall never know how the pass to Liam may have gone if there wasn’t a fool struggling on the floor in front of them and how Liam with more time might have manoeuvred himself. Could there have been a try? Could one of the Boks have made a high tackle trying to stop Liam  and would a penalty etc have been granted? We shall never experience that moment and I feel robbed by that stupid 28 year old father of two kids. It’s pro rugby not the village green. It must not happen again but suspect it will at some stage! 

You can’t blame the club as it’s a proper club but they will be put on notice I expect about future incidents, so the club will be warning ticket applications strongly about their conduct as holders of club tickets. 

Edited by reesytheexile - 09 November 2021 at 12:44am
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

And possibly some big win bonuses lost by the squad as well ? We shall never know how the pass to Liam may have gone if there wasn’t a fool struggling on the floor in front of them and how Liam with more time might have manoeuvred himself. Could there have been a try? Could one of the Boks have made a high tackle trying to stop Liam  and would a penalty etc have been granted? We shall never experience that moment and I feel robbed by that stupid 28 year old father of two kids. It’s pro rugby not the village green. It must not happen again but suspect it will at some stage! 

You can’t blame the club as it’s a proper club but they will be put on notice I expect about future incidents, so the club will be warning ticket applications strongly about their conduct as holders of club tickets. 

Tbh while I think this guy is a drunken idiot and possibly did affect the outcome of the game - I think the other guy who’s making a living/career out of it needs to be clamped down on harder. The drunk guy in the SA game has only done it because the saw “Jarvo69” do it vs NZ. 

As for Liam Williams he definitely would’ve scored, SA would’ve had a red for a high tackle trying to stop him then we would’ve scored another couple of tries afterwards to rub it in. LOL
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 10:40am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Tbh while I think this guy is a drunken idiot and possibly did affect the outcome of the game - I think the other guy who’s making a living/career out of it needs to be clamped down on harder. The drunk guy in the SA game has only done it because the saw “Jarvo69” do it vs NZ. 

As for Liam Williams he definitely would’ve scored, SA would’ve had a red for a high tackle trying to stop him then we would’ve scored another couple of tries afterwards to rub it in. LOL

Nice one Dyniol - nothing like a bit of positive thinking. I would however remind you that Liam managed to cock up a winning try scoring opportunity for Adams in the 3rd Lions test so nothing is certain thats for sure - oh apart of course from the fact that both Jarvo & this guy from Caerphilly are plonkers of the highest order. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 10:42am

clubs are wary of taking tickets for ai games now. Loafs have been left with tickets they cant sell and the wru won’t take back some were offering buy one get one free sat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic