Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please sir I want some mooar.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 7:34pm
Nice fella, but in Scarlets terms no legend. Wish him well though
Sponsored Links

Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 9:12am
As many expected mooar has left the NZRU
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

As many expected mooar has left the NZRU

I also note that some in the NZ press are accusing/praising the Scarlets for pulling off a clever move by getting compensation for Brad Mooar's release. How things can change. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 9:39am
If it doesn’t work with Peel. I’d have him back in a heartbeat. I don’t think many others have really embraced the Scarlets way like he has. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 10:11am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

If it doesn’t work with Peel. I’d have him back in a heartbeat. I don’t think many others have really embraced the Scarlets way like he has. 
I’m not sure he really did embrace the Scarlets way.

The removal of past Scarlets heroes from the corridors in the players areas and changing rooms etc and the linking in to other clubs in different sports instead seemed to coincide with the loss of pride in the shirt, IMO.

Brilliant in front of the media, sure.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 10:29am

Embraced the Scarlets way? Because he said the right things in front of the cameras! Did we win any trophy’s or come close to getting far in Europe. I think not.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

The removal of past Scarlets heroes from the corridors in the players areas and changing rooms etc and the linking in to other clubs in different sports instead seemed to coincide with the loss of pride in the shirt, IMO.

Bizarre reasons but ok, I doubt Mooar had the final say in parc y scarlets decor. What other clubs did he link us with?

I didn’t see a loss of pride to be honest. That London Irish away match there was no loss of pride. We had a job to do to qualify and did it fantastically. Team spirit was back for that game and i’m not sure we have seen it since.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 11:11am

Bizarre reasons but ok, I doubt Mooar had the final say in parc y scarlets decor. What other clubs did he link us with?

I didn’t see a loss of pride to be honest. That London Irish away match there was no loss of pride. We had a job to do to qualify and did it fantastically. Team spirit was back for that game and i’m not sure we have seen it since.
Team spirit is a lot better under Dwayne than it was back then. We’ve got the right man to take the Scarlets forward. He just needs support around him.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 11:44am
Foster should walk away not let his staff get thrown under the bus for him
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Team spirit is a lot better under Dwayne than it was back then. We’ve got the right man to take the Scarlets forward. He just needs support around him.
I hope so
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Spot on Steff
We're still still here!
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 3:36pm
I really liked Mooar but we need stability and we need to give Dwayne a chance.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 7:01am
Think Mooar may have built his reputation on the back of the outstanding Robertson. Whatever Steff is spot on - we have the right man to take our squad back to the old important values based on representing the club & giving consistent performances which make supporters proud.

This last sentence may well be one the main reasons behind Cubby being given responsibility within the club. Nobody I have ever spoken to has ever suggested that Cubby does not epitomise everything good about being a Scarlet. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

This reminds me a bit of the Tory party in recent times.  Replace Boris with Foster, and it’s the same, he’s not up to the job but it’s the assistants (or Ministers) that have to go in order for the top man to save his own skin.
Brad won’t be out of work for long, he’ll have plenty of offers I’m sure.   He’s very likeable (just as we found) he’s great with the media (which is a big part of the job these days), and he buys into the culture (again as he did here, attempting to speak Welsh and fully engaging with the fans both in person and in social media).
I don’t see him coming here as assistant to Dwayne (we probably couldn’t afford him even if he was willing to be assistant coach), but it would have been nice for him to have been given a chance to finish off what he had started to do.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

This reminds me a bit of the Tory party in recent times.  Replace Boris with Foster, and it’s the same, he’s not up to the job but it’s the assistants (or Ministers) that have to go in order for the top man to save his own skin.
Brad won’t be out of work for long, he’ll have plenty of offers I’m sure.   He’s very likeable (just as we found) he’s great with the media (which is a big part of the job these days), and he buys into the culture (again as he did here, attempting to speak Welsh and fully engaging with the fans both in person and in social media).
I don’t see him coming here as assistant to Dwayne (we probably couldn’t afford him even if he was willing to be assistant coach), but it would have been nice for him to have been given a chance to finish off what he had started to do.
Personally I’m not convinced he was the right fit. I’m happy with Dwayne. I think he’s a better option full stop 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 2:02pm
not often the dreams have an happy ending, Mooar had his occasion, club left him for his dream and story is closed.
Now we have Dwayne and with him I would like to live our dream...and if has to say all, at the moment we dont need and other attack coach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic