Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please sir I want some mooar.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Foster should walk away not let his staff get thrown under the bus for him

This reminds me a bit of the Tory party in recent times.  Replace Boris with Foster, and it’s the same, he’s not up to the job but it’s the assistants (or Ministers) that have to go in order for the top man to save his own skin.
Brad won’t be out of work for long, he’ll have plenty of offers I’m sure.   He’s very likeable (just as we found) he’s great with the media (which is a big part of the job these days), and he buys into the culture (again as he did here, attempting to speak Welsh and fully engaging with the fans both in person and in social media).
I don’t see him coming here as assistant to Dwayne (we probably couldn’t afford him even if he was willing to be assistant coach), but it would have been nice for him to have been given a chance to finish off what he had started to do.
Personally I’m not convinced he was the right fit. I’m happy with Dwayne. I think he’s a better option full stop 
do you think dwayne is a
Better coach or do you feel he is a better fit for the
Scarlets?  The next 12 months are huge for us and for dwayne.  At times last year we were brilliant at other times dreadful we need more consistency and we need to be better in defence. I like dwayne (top player, seems a top fella) but the jury is out at the moment. I can see  Mooar getting a gig at age level or in the usa or japan not sure he gets a top job in europe or super for a while now

Edited by RR1972 - 25 July 2022 at 2:25pm
Sponsored Links

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 2:48pm
Mooar would probably be a good coach for an NPC team or whatever the regional competition is called, before being hired by a bigger club.

I think its an overreaction from New Zealand. They dominated for so long it was only a matter of time. Realistically, South Africa have been a lot better for some time  Pinning it on the coaching (specifically two assistant coaches) won’t help with the stability coming into a WC.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Mooar would probably be a good coach for an NPC team or whatever the regional competition is called, before being hired by a bigger club.

I think its an overreaction from New Zealand. They dominated for so long it was only a matter of time. Realistically, South Africa have been a lot better for some time  Pinning it on the coaching (specifically two assistant coaches) won’t help with the stability coming into a WC.

Lose against South Africa in both tests and Foster will be gone. Tellingly Schmidt getting involved next week. Scott Robertson must have done something to upset the powers that be if he continues to be overlooked. For my money both France & Ireland would beat all southern hemisphere teams at the moment. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 3:33pm
This current ab side is too small, lack carriers in the pack and in the back line. Tine to ditch cane as captain to!
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 7:27pm
Gatland, Robertson or Schmidt should take NZ to next WC. I can’t believe Foster isn’t the one to have gone

I think Gatland or Schmidt would win them another WC and I think Robertson could take them back to no.1 team in world rugby for half a decade or more.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Superscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 1:30pm
[QUOTE=Superscarlet]Nice fella, but in Scarlets terms no legend. Wish him well though [/QUOTE

Edited by Superscarlet - 28 July 2022 at 1:31pm
Superscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

If it doesn’t work with Peel. I’d have him back in a heartbeat. I don’t think many others have really embraced the Scarlets way like he has. 
I’m not sure he really did embrace the Scarlets way.

The removal of past Scarlets heroes from the corridors in the players areas and changing rooms etc and the linking in to other clubs in different sports instead seemed to coincide with the loss of pride in the shirt, IMO.

Brilliant in front of the media, sure.

Totally agree, he wasn't good for the team in my opinion. Had his favourites
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic