Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre season friendlies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre season friendlies
    Posted: 03 June 2022 at 5:19pm
WM online reporting that we play Bristol at PyS in a pre season friendly. No date given, but it will be in late July and on a Friday evening.
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2022 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

WM online reporting that we play Bristol at PyS in a pre season friendly. No date given, but it will be in late July and on a Friday evening.
Damn. I'll be away last week of July.
We're still still here!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2022 at 11:56pm

ah …. the good old Friday evening. 🤨

Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 1:13am

Isn’t July earlier than normal for pre-season friendlies? If it is does it suggest that the season will start earlier than normal, or am I mistaken with the normal timings of pre-season friendlies? Also, the end of July would only be a fortnight after the end of the Wales tour, which would result in a big gap between when our non-internationals and internationals return to pre-season training. It could also just be WOL being wrong, who knows?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 7:08am
July sounds very early. I don't think our season starts until late September. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 7:46am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I’ve lost track on what’s happening next year. Surprised to see it’s such a late start. 

Anyone have the list of weekends when the league is being played?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I’ve lost track on what’s happening next year. Surprised to see it’s such a late start. 

Just read an article about the upcoming friendlies with Bristol[playing the Dragons I think in late July with us the following week. It stated that the Premiership started in England on 9th September with the URC " later that month". 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 9:43am

Just read an article about the upcoming friendlies with Bristol[playing the Dragons I think in late July with us the following week. It stated that the Premiership started in England on 9th September with the URC " later that month". 
Yes. For some reason, the wonderful gift of fewer league fixtures that the URC, in its benevolence, gave us, is partly wasted with fallow weekends in September, whilst making us play without internationals during the 6N.

Even without the re-arranged Covid fixtures, the URC had 2 rounds (12 & 13)  planned to be played on 6N fallow weekends this season. Meanwhile, round 1 kicked off on the weekend of 24th Sep.
We're still still here!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 9:44am

That's due to be released on 9th September. Wink
We're still still here!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 9:50am
Thanks all.

What a nonsense! In addition to the points made above, it is a huge shame that we are letting go 3 weeks or more of weather that should be better than much of the season.

It’s a conspiracy…….
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 12:44pm
3 test summer series pushed the urc back , players get what a 6 week pre season, should be 2 tests max on tour
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2022 at 12:57pm
Utterly ridiculous starting so late again. That means over 4 months summer break. Getting bored with rugby union I have to say.......
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2022 at 12:41pm
The reason for the later start for the URC compared to the English Premierhip is surely because of The Rugby Championship going on in August and September and the South African involvement in that.

Edited by hartson11 - 07 June 2022 at 12:42pm
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2022 at 1:07pm
Bristol have announced the game now as Sep 2.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2022 at 1:26pm
when was the last pre season friendly in PYS ? 
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2022 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

when was the last pre season friendly in PYS ? 

Nottingham last season I believe 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic