Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre season friendly v leicester

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 11:10am
Correct me if I'm wrong but it's been some time since we had a decent fixture for a pre season. No offence to Jersey and reserve regions. I think playing the likes of Leicester is the kind of prep which is ideal. Especially to test the pack and even our attack against what will probably be be pretty handy defence. Nice test of where we are before starting the season. 
Wasn't the pre season when we won the league a competition out in France where we played Clermont etc. Nice that we are going back to good pre season fixtures. Did we.have Bath one year maybe? 
Sponsored Links

hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 11:18am
Anyone know when the URC fixtures are released, considering Top 14 and Premiership are already out.

I realise the Champions Cup draw is this Wednesday.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 11:21am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's been some time since we had a decent fixture for a pre season. No offence to Jersey and reserve regions. I think playing the likes of Leicester is the kind of prep which is ideal. Especially to test the pack and even our attack against what will probably be be pretty handy defence. Nice test of where we are before starting the season. 
Wasn't the pre season when we won the league a competition out in France where we played Clermont etc. Nice that we are going back to good pre season fixtures. Did we.have Bath one year maybe? 
Seem to remember playing Bristol at Carmarthen Athletic not too long ago
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Llanelliman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llanelliman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 12:37pm
I hope to be there. Hopefully larger crowds by then. With all or most of hospitality functioning fully. Come on the Scarlets, but a tough ask …. 
Made in Seaside, Llanelli
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 1:09pm
Just to be clear, we have had `home` friendlies BUT not not at the Parc. We've played in Carmarthen, Llandovery, Colwyn Bay etc. Not what I would call home. Plus a Thursday is awful really.

Edited by supertaf - 19 July 2021 at 1:09pm
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 1:22pm
honestly think we havent played at home because of the cost of opening up PYS and also we are usually having work done on the pitch at the time of friendlies. could be the reason we have played around the region and mainly away
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

honestly think we havent played at home because of the cost of opening up PYS and also we are usually having work done on the pitch at the time of friendlies. could be the reason we have played around the region and mainly away
It's usually because the pitch is being re-laid. However, the season starts much later this year, and I'm thinking we' will have a home friendly in Sept.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 10:31pm
Anybody thinking about a trip to wellford Road,  always fills me with fear . 
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Its usually due to pitch relaying and while I appreciate the reasons, most other teams play at their home ground as did we previously. Added to the fact that this season we may have a great crowd as people have been so starved of live rugby. Im not holding my breath
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

Me too. The last time we played there I genuinely thought we would win and we got hammered.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2021 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

yes, changing trains and finding the right platform without missing your connection at New Street is definitely a bit of a nightmare!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 12:33pm
2nd pre season game confirmed. Nottingham RFC at PyS on Saturday 4 September.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 1:26pm
thanks Wil, thats a good game on a good date.

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 5:49pm
Strong links with Nottingham RFC, quite like that. Good place for youngsters to go for game time ( as we took advantage of last season).
tigerburnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 7:32pm
Tigers have a few players that will be unavailable for pre season, Weise and Van Straden are with the Boks just now and will no doubt be away for the SH Championship too, we might be missing a couple od Pacific Islanders too, but our England players should all be available, so I expect we will have a full enough squad to pick from. Borthwick has been going a lot of player rotation, so not exactly sure who our strongest side is yet. Genge will be in contention and the ever green Dan Cole is still defying the odds and was playing back of last season. Montoya will be missing at hooker so probably be Tom Youngs, but we have some players coming through like Whitcombe and Hayes in the front row. Lots of options at lock Lavanini has gone, but with youngsters and old heads to pick from we are not shy on locks either. Our back row was superb last year, Liebenberg one of the stars who is not away with the Boks and Cyle Brink another South African big hitter, but the star for me is Welshman Tommy Reffell( can't believe he hasn't played for Wales yet, finest jackler in the Premiership last year). You know about Ben Youngs, but you will hear a lot more about academy product Jack van Poorleit over the coming year or so, captained the England under 20's to the Grand Slam and was player of the competition. The backs will probably be missing Nadolo and Murimurivalu but we have Scottish international Matt Scott showing really well last term and young Freddie Steward at 15 made the shirt his own before his 20th birthday, another exciting academy prospect.

Edited by tigerburnie - 02 August 2021 at 7:33pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2021 at 8:18am
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Tigers have a few players that will be unavailable for pre season, Weise and Van Straden are with the Boks just now and will no doubt be away for the SH Championship too, we might be missing a couple od Pacific Islanders too, but our England players should all be available, so I expect we will have a full enough squad to pick from. Borthwick has been going a lot of player rotation, so not exactly sure who our strongest side is yet. Genge will be in contention and the ever green Dan Cole is still defying the odds and was playing back of last season. Montoya will be missing at hooker so probably be Tom Youngs, but we have some players coming through like Whitcombe and Hayes in the front row. Lots of options at lock Lavanini has gone, but with youngsters and old heads to pick from we are not shy on locks either. Our back row was superb last year, Liebenberg one of the stars who is not away with the Boks and Cyle Brink another South African big hitter, but the star for me is Welshman Tommy Reffell( can't believe he hasn't played for Wales yet, finest jackler in the Premiership last year). You know about Ben Youngs, but you will hear a lot more about academy product Jack van Poorleit over the coming year or so, captained the England under 20's to the Grand Slam and was player of the competition. The backs will probably be missing Nadolo and Murimurivalu but we have Scottish international Matt Scott showing really well last term and young Freddie Steward at 15 made the shirt his own before his 20th birthday, another exciting academy prospect.

Interesting update re Tigers 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic