Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre season friendly v leicester

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2021 at 7:39pm
Is there any indication as to when our Fixtures for the forthcoming season are to be released??

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

tigerburnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2021 at 7:40pm
There's been quite a change from 2 years ago, Borthwicks side looks very different to what we had, quite a lot od South Africans as some wag said, there's more vans in our side than Avis have got lol.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2021 at 8:42am
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

There's been quite a change from 2 years ago, Borthwicks side looks very different to what we had, quite a lot od South Africans as some wag said, there's more vans in our side than Avis have got lol.

LOL Very good!

Scarlets look stronger than last year on paper, apart from second row (we live in hope)... how are the Tigers looking?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2021 at 9:20am
Have they released KO time yet 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

LOL Very good!

Scarlets look stronger than last year on paper, apart from second row (we live in hope)... how are the Tigers looking?
We are on the proverbial journey after a large re-shuffle and Borthwick taking over, this will be the first full pre season for a lot of the team both on and off the field. We managed 6th in the league and would like to think we might make another step up, top 4 and a decent run in the Champions Cup would be nice, not yet going to be winning anything major perhaps, but patience is required to build something solid. We have a rash of lads coming out of our academy who are being given contracts, a couple of years back we weren't using our own youth, I am optimistic we can make Welford Road the fortress it used to be, wins on the road may be a bit more of a challenge, our league is wide open this coming year I think with one of 6 or 7 who could win it.
Are you feeling optimistic about the Scarlets?
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2021 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Have they released KO time yet 

7:00 pm.

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2021 at 2:41pm
Thanks 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2021 at 9:36am

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

LOL Very good!

We are on the proverbial journey after a large re-shuffle and Borthwick taking over, this will be the first full pre season for a lot of the team both on and off the field. We managed 6th in the league and would like to think we might make another step up, top 4 and a decent run in the Champions Cup would be nice, not yet going to be winning anything major perhaps, but patience is required to build something solid. We have a rash of lads coming out of our academy who are being given contracts, a couple of years back we weren't using our own youth, I am optimistic we can make Welford Road the fortress it used to be, wins on the road may be a bit more of a challenge, our league is wide open this coming year I think with one of 6 or 7 who could win it.
Are you feeling optimistic about the Scarlets?

Thanks for that.

In general, I believe I'm in line with most Scarlets supporters in expecting an improvement on last season, partly due to our old mucker Dwayne Peel coming in as head coach - which should help the team to play 'Scarlets rugby' - and partly because we should start the season with fewer top players on the injured list - though Halfpenny is out for months and I'm not sure where some others like Rob Evans, Samson Lee etc. are at currently.

My (our?) main concern is the depleted ranks of the second row, especially after Jake Ball's departure.

We'll see how it goes!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Highburyscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highburyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2021 at 5:49pm
Thursday is a strange day for a game. I'm gonna be there.  Just booked my long weekend 
once more into the breach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2021 at 5:36pm
Some big players for us are doing well in the Championship, Weise and Van Staden having storming games for the Boks and Montoya and Moroni are playing well for the Pumas, no idea when we get them back.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2021 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Highburyscarlet Highburyscarlet wrote:

Thursday is a strange day for a game.
Leicester probably want an 8/9 day gap between their final pre-season game and their opening league match so that all bumps and bruises are gone before the competition starts. 
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2021 at 3:57pm
Tigers have the Dragons visiting Welford Road the previous Saturday, 4th Sept - opening Gallagher Prem fixture is at home to Exeter on Sat 18th Sept. Nice easy start, then, but not sure either Welsh team is going to give them a Chiefs-style forwards work-out! Shocked

Edited by NobbySosban - 16 August 2021 at 3:58pm
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2021 at 7:30pm
All well and good having pre season friendly we ain’t got season yet any news on fixtures it’s ridiculous how we haven’t got list yet 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

All well and good having pre season friendly we ain’t got season yet any news on fixtures it’s ridiculous how we haven’t got list yet 

WOL reporting that the 5th round of fixtures are set to be the first round of Welsh derbies but that is a week before the Wales v New Zealand game & the regions may not have their international players available. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 4:55pm

There is no way team Wales players will be available.

Hopefully we will not lose to many players to that Wales squad. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

There is no way team Wales players will be available.

Hopefully we will not lose to many players to that Wales squad. 

We’ll lose our first choice front row, 2 9’s, probably 2 centres & maybe one or two back 3.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic