20.Gareth Davies.
21.Mathew Brayley.
22.Andrew Banfield.

-------------
Ri'n ni Yma o Hyd!!

Replies:
Posted By: Mike
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 8:18pm
If Ken picks up an injury, we'll be looking at Hawkins starting against Munster...

I'm looking forward to watching 15, 12, 10, 3, 5, 6 and 7 particularly.

Posted By: number10
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 8:59pm
 one2watch..... 19...Luke Jones

Posted By: Freddy The Turk
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:04pm
Aaron Shingler has been given a development contract with the Scarlets so he's there full time now.  Another one to watch for sure!  The RFC seems to have gotten its act together big time this year and is producing a few players to look out for.  

-------------
Serenity now. Serenity now.

Posted By: Gate12
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Freddy The Turk Freddy The Turk wrote:

Aaron Shingler has been given a development contract with the Scarlets so he's there full time now.  Another one to watch for sure!  The RFC seems to have gotten its act together big time this year and is producing a few players to look out for.  

Probably due to Bucks and Gyppo's influence Wink

In all serious though there's a fair few players in there with the potential to become first team regulars within the next few seasons, with the NWQ farce pushing Welsh players wages up its good to see our youngsters doing so well and they'll have to privilege to be the first players to play on the Parc too.

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:18pm
mike,if newton and cudd play like they have been i think you will be pleasantly surprised,

Posted By: Beefs army
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:20pm
This thread should not be in scarlets section. It about llanelli team for sat and not the scarlets.

-------------
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."

Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

mike,if newton and cudd play like they have been i think you will be pleasantly surprised,

I've been hearing good things about Cudd, so let's hope so. With Gav Tom out for the season, he could have a Scarlets chance sooner than he otherwise might have.

Bucks seems to be doing a great job with the RFC boys.

I'm really looking forward to it, roll on Saturday.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:36pm
do people realise that the mighty furnace are playing new dock stars on saturday?

priorities, mun

Posted By: GregJones
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:48pm
It is highlighting current and future Scarlets playing at our new stadium. Some people are picky

Posted By: GA PLUM
Date Posted: 13 November 2008 at 10:52pm
Shame that regular semi pro boys in Adam Powell,Hawkins,Luke Jones and Brayley have missed out on starting spots. All have been on fire so for this season and is a shame their not starting. Huge risk playing Ken.

-------------

Posted By: Gwyn
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Beefs army Beefs army wrote:

This thread should not be in scarlets section. It about llanelli team for sat and not the scarlets.

Correct. Some don't seem able or willing to comprehend this. I suppose they could make it relevant to this section by mentioning, 'the first team to play at Parc y Scarlets'.

Posted By: Gary Coleman
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:33am
Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

do people realise that the mighty furnace are playing new dock stars on saturday?

priorities, mun

Decisions, decisions. Ermm

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Gwyn Gwyn wrote:

Correct. Some don't seem able or willing to comprehend this. I suppose they could make it relevant to this section by mentioning, 'the first team to play at Parc y Scarlets'.

Shocked Call the Police!!!

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

Shocked Call the Police!!!

PEople would soon whinge if a thread about Ospreys appeared in the Scarlets section and not the General rugby section.

Equally, Llanelli RFC and any threads deserve not to thrown in Scarlets section on this forum.  They are playing great this year and rightly sit top of the league - perhaps those just going for the occasion tomorrow will appreciate what is happening with the RFC and come and support then on a more regular basis.

Give the boys the support week in week out that they deserve.

-------------
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."

Posted By: redeyes
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:47am

priorities, mun

Whos army?

-------------
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:53am
Me and my dad are gutted, bought season tickets at the start to follow both clubs but didn't interpret the letter very well about tickets for this game and assumed it was season ticket holders to request extras, now we don't have tickets yet have season tickets which cover the Llanelli games (which normally only 300 turn up for !!!) Fur coat brigade at it again........

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 10:15am
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

priorities, mun

Whos army?

Dock Army!!!! Big%20smile

Rap, are you taking a camcorder down? Can you save a copy for me?

Posted By: westwalesdragon
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 10:42am

priorities, mun

Whos army?

I heard Sky Sports 1 were showing live, such is the magnitude.

Gutted I'm missing the biggest local derby of the year. Flippin' injuries!

-------------
WestWalesDragon

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:07pm

PEople would soon whinge if a thread about Ospreys appeared in the Scarlets section and not the General rugby section.

Equally, Llanelli RFC and any threads deserve not to thrown in Scarlets section on this forum.  They are playing great this year and rightly sit top of the league - perhaps those just going for the occasion tomorrow will appreciate what is happening with the RFC and come and support then on a more regular basis.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't recall you calling for HAPPY DAYS' numerous threads on here about the semi pro to be moved.

The comparison about the Ospreys isn't a good one either. The Llanelli semi pro and the Scarlets are two seperate teams but part of the same organisation sharing players, staff, resources and stadium. The RFC exist to provide an environment and players that supports the Scarlets.

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't recall you calling for HAPPY DAYS' numerous threads on here about the semi pro to be moved.

The comparison about the Ospreys isn't a good one either. The Llanelli semi pro and the Scarlets are two seperate teams but part of the same organisation sharing players, staff, resources and stadium. The RFC exist to provide an environment and players that supports the Scarlets.

They also exist in their own right as a team and that should be respected.

Perhaps i didnt see the threads from HAPPY DAYs...as a mod perhaps you should be moving them

-------------

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:33pm

Perhaps i didnt see the threads from HAPPY DAYs...as a mod perhaps you should be moving them

You didn't see threads you posted in? Interesting.

Just because some RFC threads stayed in the Scarlets General section doesn't mean they're not being given "respect" for God's sake.

You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about an RFC game attracting so much interest from outside the hardcore followers. There's really no need.

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:44pm
Will I get told off if I start shouting "Scaarlets, Scaaarlets", tomorrow, even though I have done so in every Llanelli RFC match ( pre and post regionalisation ) that I have been to?
As far as I'm concerened it is still the nickname of the club?!

I think, "Llaneeeelli, Llaneeeelli", sounds a bit cheesy!

Posted By: Gate12
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:47pm
Is where the topic is posted that much of an issue?

Surely as long at its not completely irrelevant its not worth kicking off over is it?

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:56pm
Cardiff semi pro: Rhys Williams; Ryan Howells, Shaun James, Luke Ford, Chris Czekaj; Lee Jarvis, Owen Ruttley (captain); Ian George, Garry Horrigan, Kristian Gay, Matthew Veater, Bradley Davies, Adam Powell, Craig Everett, Rhys Shellard

Replacements: Kieran Crawford, Phil Osborne, James Down, Damian Welch, Darren Allinson, Gareth Davies, Craig Morgan

Posted By: Huwbach
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:09pm

i think we all know why this is here because it marks the first match in our beloved new stadium, hence there are about 2000  +scarlets seasons ticket holders going. You ARE being picky. Thanks for starting the thread, i didnt have to go to the shambles that is the Llanelli RFC site. Bynea cycling club site is better than that! At least put photos of the squad up mun! The RFC are top of the premiership for gods sake.

Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:25pm
15.Daniel Newton.
14.Matthew Jacobs.
13.Nic Reynolds.
12.Jon Davies.
11.Nick Jones.
10.Rhys Priestland.
9.Gavin Cattle.

1.Ian Jones.
2.Ken Owens.
3.Aled Hopkins.
4.Aaron Shingler.
5.Dominic Day.
6.Josh Turnbull.
7.Nic Cudd.
8.Dan Godfrey(capt)

Replacements
16.Simon Gardner.
17.Craig Hawkins.
18.Adam Powell.
19.Luke Jones
20.Gareth Davies.
21.Mathew Brayley.
22.Andrew Banfield.

Posted By: Foel Boy
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:32pm
Looks like a good side,very strong pack indeed.Nice to see Czekaj playing for them after his horrendous injury.I sincerly hope that we put on a show tomorrow,and many of the fans who turn up come back for more,because one thing is for sure,this team deserves far more support than they get.

Posted By: s.pimpernel
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Me and my dad are gutted, bought season tickets at the start to follow both clubs but didn't interpret the letter very well about tickets for this game and assumed it was season ticket holders to request extras, now we don't have tickets yet have season tickets which cover the Llanelli games (which normally only 300 turn up for !!!) Fur coat brigade at it again........

No, my "John Motson" sheep-skin actually. Hope the prawn sandwiches are plentiful tomorrow as I`m always famished after 210 miles in the car Smile.

-------------
In Pivac we trust

Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:34pm
Cardiff have a few Wales internationals in their side. It'll eb a tough game.

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Don't understand?

Posted By: Bryn A! Wel!
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:04pm

Don't  follow Llanelli RFC, but would be interested to know - is Lloyd Phillips (previously touted as a good prospect) injured, seeing as he has not been named for a few games now? Anybody?

-------------
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn

Posted By: Mynydd Boyo
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:11pm
Am gutted for Hawkins who won't start - after his Newport effort and recent captaincy.  Would like to see him make his mark for an upgrade to the Scarets squad for Munster?  Is he playing off an injury? 

-------------
Diolch I ti Grav. Nhi'n cofiad am byth.

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:27pm

You didn't see threads you posted in? Interesting.

Just because some RFC threads stayed in the Scarlets General section doesn't mean they're not being given "respect" for God's sake.

You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about an RFC game attracting so much interest from outside the hardcore followers. There's really no need.

I don't recall every thread i have posted in so my mistake on say i didnt see the threads. 

You seem to have a chop on your shoulder about other people having opinions of this forum that you do not agree with. There's really no need either.

And there is no chip, i want RFC to get more attention as it what they deserve - it is such shame that it has to be the occasion of the stadium opening rather than the rugby itself that is causing the attention.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:29pm

Cardiff semi pro: Rhys Williams; Ryan Howells, Shaun James, Luke Ford, Chris Czekaj; Lee Jarvis, Owen Ruttley (captain); Ian George, Garry Horrigan, Kristian Gay, Matthew Veater, Bradley Davies, Adam Powell, Craig Everett, Rhys Shellard

Replacements: Kieran Crawford, Phil Osborne, James Down, Damian Welch, Darren Allinson, Gareth Davies, Craig Morgan

Also a thread here discussing team selection for tomorrows game,

http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17724&PN=3 - http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17724&PN=3

-------------

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Bryn A! Wel! Bryn A! Wel! wrote:

Don't  follow Llanelli RFC, but would be interested to know - is Lloyd Phillips (previously touted as a good prospect) injured, seeing as he has not been named for a few games now? Anybody?

Plays for the Drovers.

-------------
WestWalesDragon

Posted By: Sgarleteyes
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:43pm
Nick Cudd - lion in the making

Gwendraeth Valley - Neil Back

That good

-------------
Phil John - Man Of Steel

Jonathan Davies Lion in the Making

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by westwalesdragon westwalesdragon wrote:

Plays for the Drovers.

Good pub! Didn't know they had a rugby team.  I though Cyril was a Foel fan?

Posted By: Foel Boy
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Sgarleteyes Sgarleteyes wrote:

Nick Cudd - lion in the making

Gwendraeth Valley - Neil Back

That good

I quite agree.I have only seen him on a couple of occasions this season,but he has really impressed me.He seems to be everywhere on the pitch,and he is a really rugged,hard player.Given that Gav Tom is out for the majority of the season,it would be nice to see Nic given a few opportunities for the Scarlets.We simply must give some of these youngsters games,or they will never improve.

Posted By: Sgarleteyes
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 3:20pm

I quite agree.I have only seen him on a couple of occasions this season,but he has really impressed me.He seems to be everywhere on the pitch,and he is a really rugged,hard player.Given that Gav Tom is out for the majority of the season,it would be nice to see Nic given a few opportunities for the Scarlets.We simply must give some of these youngsters games,or they will never improve.
[/QUOTE]

Is that spoken by a true Spurs fan?

-------------
Phil John - Man Of Steel

Jonathan Davies Lion in the Making

Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by westwalesdragon westwalesdragon wrote:

Plays for the Drovers.

Good pub! Didn't know they had a rugby team.  I though Cyril was a Foel fan?

They're doing well to be fair, Lloyd Phillips has been a revelation there, also provides the evening entertainment in the form of a one man band. Special request only though.

-------------
WestWalesDragon

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 4:06pm

priorities, mun

Whos army?

i won't be recording it, as the bbfc have already told me that it will have an x certificate

Posted By: kcreg
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by GA PLUM GA PLUM wrote:

Shame that regular semi pro boys in Adam Powell,Hawkins,Luke Jones and Brayley have missed out on starting spots. All have been on fire so for this season and is a shame their not starting. Huge risk playing Ken.
Not a bad bench though is it pal

-------------
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!

Posted By: number10
Date Posted: 14 November 2008 at 6:22pm
Excellent bench with both teams...I got a feeling if the ref allows quick ball at the breakdown it will be a corker.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net