Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: https://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46211
Printed Date: 23 April 2021 at 6:21pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Remaining fixtures.
Posted By: knutsfordlion
Subject: Remaining fixtures.
Date Posted: 08 February 2021 at 5:24pm
I am trying to establish our remaining fixtures compared to the Blues who we are competing for the final European slot?
Can anyone help please?

-------------
Page the oracle

Replies:
Posted By: Jones2004
Date Posted: 08 February 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

I am trying to establish our remaining fixtures compared to the Blues who we are competing for the final European slot?
Can anyone help please?
Exactly the same teams - which are all the other teams in the conference (but not each other as we’ve already played each other twice). The home or aways could be different but pretty much a straight head to head for the third place.

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 08 February 2021 at 5:37pm
Pro 14 website

Posted By: tannerbankboy
Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 12:50am
According to Pro14 website:

We have Munster A, Connacht H.  Round 15.

Blues have Edinburgh H, Benneton A.  Round 16.

Round 17 TBA, whatever games they are.

And we're a point behind the Blues in 3rd place.  Not looking good.

Posted By: scarletsrules
Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 8:58am
our remaining games are

Dragons are playing Edinburgh this weekend in 1 of their games in hand.
Round 12 - Scarlets vs Benetton , Edinburgh vs Munster, Connacht vs Blues
Round 13 - Edinburgh vs Scarlets, Blues vs Munster, Benetton vs Connacht
Round 14 - Scarlets vs Blues was brought forward and already played, Munster vs Connacht and Edinburgh vs Benetton are being played this weekend
Round 15 - Munster vs Scarlets, Connacht vs Edinburgh, Benetton vs Blues
Round 16 - Scarlets vs Connacht and Blues vs Edinburgh

Going off these fixtures id imagine Connacht will be runaway in 2nd position and that is out of it, I think Blues will lose their next 2 matches against Connacht and Munster with losing BP and win their remaining 2 matches which will leave them on 36 points

Im being optimistic here and this is probably best case scenario from our point of view but a bonus point win vs Treviso, a win in Edinburgh, losing BP in Munster and win v Connacht will give us another 14 points which will leave us on 39 points

Edinburgh i can see finishing in 6th based on their run in , hopefully Drags can actually do us a favour this weekend, the key game there really is us winning in murrayfield . If we can manage that hopefully it will leave us in a good position. we should beat Benetton home and then the last round of fixtures is a biggy with Blues home to Edinburgh and us home to Connacht

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 9:06am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

our remaining games are

Dragons are playing Edinburgh this weekend in 1 of their games in hand.
Round 14 - Scarlets vs Blues was brought forward and already played, Munster vs Connacht and Edinburgh vs Benetton are being played this weekend

Going off these fixtures id imagine Connacht will be runaway in 2nd position and that is out of it, I think Blues will lose their next 2 matches against Connacht and Munster with losing BP and win their remaining 2 matches which will leave them on 36 points

Im being optimistic here and this is probably best case scenario from our point of view but a bonus point win vs Treviso, a win in Edinburgh, losing BP in Munster and win v Connacht will give us another 14 points which will leave us on 39 points.

I agree 2nd place has gone. We are in a real dogfight for 3rd with both the Blues and Edinburgh for me. I had us down as getting to 37 points with a LBP against Leinster!!!!! & a 5 pointer against Benetton. I think a win in Edinburgh is currently beyond us. 

Edinburgh i can see finishing in 6th based on their run in , hopefully Drags can actually do us a favour this weekend, the key game there really is us winning in murrayfield . If we can manage that hopefully it will leave us in a good position. we should beat Benetton home and then the last round of fixtures is a biggy with Blues home to Edinburgh and us home to Connacht

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 2:10pm
State of play in my opinion:-

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLe3ApXjW4&list=PL576FE48C1F044909&index=1" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2020

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 2:32pm
Great summary.

I think we literally have to throw the kitchen sink at Benetton for a bp. Couldn’t care less if we win by a point ( bois bach) so long as we get 5 pts. They are badly depleted, but we know we don’t always turn up when facing those sorts of games.

Bottom line though, the 8 point swing losing home to the Blues could well haunt us.

Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 3:03pm
I think i'm right in saying that if they conduct next years Heineken pools in the same way they were meant to be this season (think I read Simon Thomas saying this was to be the case but everything can change) then we'll be ok finishing 4th in the conference. 3rd would ease the worry entirely.

Edinburgh away will be crucial for us too, a win up there would put daylight between us and guarantee 4th early.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLe3ApXjW4&list=PL576FE48C1F044909&index=1" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2020

Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

I think i'm right in saying that if they conduct next years Heineken pools in the same way they were meant to be this season (think I read Simon Thomas saying this was to be the case but everything can change) then we'll be ok finishing 4th in the conference. 3rd would ease the worry entirely.

Edinburgh away will be crucial for us too, a win up there would put daylight between us and guarantee 4th early.

I think Edinburgh cant afford to lose anymore games if they want to finish 4th, so their run in should be to much for them i hope anyway, although its highly likely that the tournaments will be run the same next season until its officially announced we cant relax , they havent even announced whats happening with this seasons champions cup yet so i cant see them announcing anything about next season until closer to next season

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 5:27pm
Don’t the winners get automatic place 😀

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 6:32pm
How many of those games clash with 6N, where our union’s player release policies put us at a disadvantage?

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 8:43pm
Luckily for us the Edinburgh game does clash with the 6 nations so they shouldn't have many internationals back . 3 of our remaining 4 games clash altogether

Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 9:31pm

Luckily for us the Edinburgh game does clash with the 6 nations so they shouldn't have many internationals back . 3 of our remaining 4 games clash altogether
Thanks.

-------------

Posted By: saundersfootscarlets
Date Posted: 09 February 2021 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Great summary.

I think we literally have to throw the kitchen sink at Benetton for a bp. Couldn’t care less if we win by a point ( bois bach) so long as we get 5 pts. They are badly depleted, but we know we don’t always turn up when facing those sorts of games.

Bottom line though, the 8 point swing losing home to the Blues could well haunt us.
We're not out of it and the other teams in contention are also  playing each other but as you say our poor performance against the Blues , particularly the Home game might well count against us

-------------
saundersfoot scarlets

Posted By: Grammar School Boy
Date Posted: 20 February 2021 at 9:26pm
After today, we have a 4 point lead over the Blues with 3 games left.  Edinburgh seem too far back.

Date Posted: 20 February 2021 at 9:33pm
Edinburgh 11pts adrift, but with 2 games in hand.

A win next week will extend our lead to a min fo 14pts. We still have to play Munster. 

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 20 February 2021 at 9:40pm
Good weekend for us with the zeros for Cardiff and Edinburgh. 

Date Posted: 20 February 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

A win next week will extend our lead to a min of 14pts. We still have to play Munster. 

Both the Blues and Scarlets play Edinburgh, Blues at home, while we are away.  Both also play Munster, we are away, Blues at home, with Munster maybe having little to play for, in theory.  We really need to win in Scotland...

Date Posted: 20 February 2021 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

A win next week will extend our lead to a min of 14pts. We still have to play Munster. 

Both the Blues and Scarlets play Edinburgh, Blues at home, while we are away.  Both also play Munster, we are away, Blues at home, with Munster maybe having little to play for, in theory.  We really need to win in Scotland...

Agreed

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 8:47am

Agreed

Best case scenario for us is Munster winning their next 2 to guarantee top spot, they may rest a few when we travel there then

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 8:51am

Round 12 was a perfect weekend for us , every result went as we could have hoped , eventhough Brace did rob Blues of a LBP.
If we can scrape a win in Edinburgh this weekend then we open some daylight between us and them as they have 2 games in hand (Dragons Away and Benetton Home), i expect them to win both their games in hand and get 9 points, so if we lose there this weekend they will have the upper hand

Me being the optimistic person that i am, if we do put a winning run together then we could end up playing Connacht last game to see who finishes 2nd but that means we have to win in Edinburgh

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:10am
We absolutely can win this next game. We are on the up and they are faltering somewhat. I would like to see Asquith get a chance on the wing, as much as I think Conbeer is a tidy player. 

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:19am
I am not getting carried away by the result Saturday as I think Benetton were very poor. I also think our poor showings against the Blues will leave us with far too much to do to catch Connacht. We are playing for 3rd place and Saturdays results were extremely helpful. If we can beat Edinburgh on Saturday and Munster beat the Blues I think we are in with an excellent chance of 3rd. 

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:21am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I am not getting carried away by the result Saturday as I think Benetton were very poor. I also think our poor showings against the Blues will leave us with far too much to do to catch Connacht. We are playing for 3rd place and Saturdays results were extremely helpful. If we can beat Edinburgh on Saturday and Munster beat the Blues I think we are in with an excellent chance of 3rd. 
Top four secures European qualification so a win on Saturday against Edinburgh should secure that at least.

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Top four secures European qualification so a win on Saturday against Edinburgh should secure that at least.

Thats good news Steff.

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 10:43am
A further 5 positive Covid tests in the French camp, including the skipper Olivion.

Struggling to see how this match will go ahead & will be unfair if Edinburgh get players back.

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 12:21pm

Has it been announced anywhere that that is the case? The Pro14 usually only gets 7 places. 

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Has it been announced anywhere that that is the case? The Pro14 usually only gets 7 places. 
It was 8 spots in each league this season as they upped it to 24 teams. Indications are they are going to keep the same format for next season but no announcement yet either way.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 12:37pm

It was 8 spots in each league this season as they upped it to 24 teams. Indications are they are going to keep the same format for next season but no announcement yet either way.
Why? It’s such an awful format and only saves one free weekend anyway. Surely if they’re going to expand it to 24 teams 6 pools of 4 would be a better option, while still playing the teams in your pools not a random collection of teams based on a format that no one understands.

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Why? It’s such an awful format and only saves one free weekend anyway. Surely if they’re going to expand it to 24 teams 6 pools of 4 would be a better option, while still playing the teams in your pools not a random collection of teams based on a format that no one understands.
Completely agree, but if it means us being involved next season then selfishly I don't particularly mind it.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 1:56pm

Not forgetting that the final round of fixtures sees Edinburgh play the Blues, which could put one of those tow out of contention. 

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 1:59pm
Just checked, Edinburgh also have to travel to Connacht. 

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 4:44pm

If that is the case then a win Saturday should all but secure our top 4 spot! a loss will add some immense pressure on our final games, i would rather us finish atleast 3rd just to guarantee it though!

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

A further 5 positive Covid tests in the French camp, including the skipper Olivion.

Struggling to see how this match will go ahead & will be unfair if Edinburgh get players back.

I agree if Edinburgh had players back it would be unfair on us but then will scotland really risk them going back to their clubs? because surely if their game is off this weekend they wil have to give their english based players back again just to make sure they are released for them to play France next weekend instead

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 7:48pm
Announcement on Wednesday on whether France v Scotland game goes ahead.

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 8:34pm
Would be our luck if Scots game is off. Would Scotland release their players to play us? Would only have 2 days back most coaches like their team set for games.... Clutching at straws! 

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Date Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Would be our luck if Scots game is off. Would Scotland release their players to play us? Would only have 2 days back most coaches like their team set for games.... Clutching at straws! 

Unfortunately there's a two week break after their game against France, but if a player Scottish player then tested positive, Scotland will be in the same position that France are in now, but have a smaller player pool to draw on. It would be a big risk for the Scots to release anyone. 

Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 12:03am

Announcement on Wednesday on whether France v Scotland game goes ahead.

They seem to be edging to defering it for a week.

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 1:37am

Unfortunately there's a two week break after their game against France, but if a player Scottish player then tested positive, Scotland will be in the same position that France are in now, but have a smaller player pool to draw on. It would be a big risk for the Scots to release anyone. 

They wont release anyone. Tighten the bubble more like. They still have a good chance of winning the 6N. After this 3rd round we could well see 4 teams on 2 wins.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 9:06am

All clear with the France squads latest Covid results. 

Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 9:08am
Brilliant news Mark Thumbs Up   so looks very promising the game will be played betweens the scots and french

last thing we wanted to was to play Edinburgh with a full squad whilst we have the welsh guys away. its going to be hard enough as it is up there.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 9:20am
Great news, though I assume they'll be testing every day so fingers crossed.

Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 1:07pm
Although theyve had negative tests today it was reported by BBC that the game is still seriously in doubt

Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 1:51pm

Although theyve had negative tests today it was reported by BBC that the game is still seriously in doubt
There’s an incubation period with the virus so someone could’ve caught the virus but not yet show positive in a test. If that happens to a France player and they test positive between now and the game, after mixing with the squad again then the game could easily get called off. If no one tests positive between now and Sunday then it almost certainly will be played.

Posted By: trinity60
Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 2:05pm
Hopefully if it does get cancelled it won’t be until after 12pm friday then Edinburgh won’t have time to change their team as their squad for the match would have been named. 
Although, I can imagine a number of injuries on the morning of the game and the internationals coming onto the side 🤔

Posted By: N14
Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by trinity60 trinity60 wrote:

Hopefully if it does get cancelled it won’t be until after 12pm friday then Edinburgh won’t have time to change their team as their squad for the match would have been named. 
Although, I can imagine a number of injuries on the morning of the game and the internationals coming onto the side 🤔

They could possibly get away with doing that with one player but not a whole host of players getting ‘injured’ and being replaced, far too obvious.

Date Posted: 23 February 2021 at 2:18pm
Even if the game is postponed I don't see Edinburgh benefitting too much if at all. If the match gets postponed by a week it will give Townsend some real issues as all his English & French based players will not be available as they will have to report back for club duties as it is designated as a fallow weekend. Can't then see him risking his Scottish based players this Saturday. 

Date Posted: 24 February 2021 at 2:01pm
seems like France vs Scotland is on for Saturday.

Date Posted: 24 February 2021 at 2:18pm

seems like France vs Scotland is on for Saturday.

Sunday Wink

Date Posted: 26 February 2021 at 6:39pm
Can anyone explain why we played the Blues back to back? 

Not excusing either of our poor performances, but I would fancy our chances against them next week. That early fixture could blow our season. Had we won, we'd be 10pts clear of the Blues.

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 26 February 2021 at 6:59pm

Not excusing either of our poor performances, but I would fancy our chances against them next week. That early fixture could blow our season. Had we won, we'd be 10pts clear of the Blues.
we didn't win and didn't deserve to in either game,wasn't it something to do with the crisis?

Date Posted: 26 February 2021 at 7:06pm

Champions Cup matches got cancelled so the return fixture was moved to fill the gap.

Date Posted: 26 February 2021 at 7:10pm

The second game against Blues, we had 72 per cent possession and 58 per cent territory.. It looked if we were surprised that the Blues came with a rush defence, no one could spot where the space was.

Another mystery was how Arhip played the full 80?? To blatant  penalty infringements on his own line, and an elbow to opponents head. Not even Foxy could convince referee Adam Jones, of the yellow card. 

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 1:32am
No points for the Blues tonight!

Posted By: ChrisX
Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 11:15am
Blues have to go to Benetton as well which could be tricky? 

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Blues have to go to Benetton as well which could be tricky? 

Based on a very late try for Connacht, yes it will. 

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 11:56am

And Munster winning with Final kick of the game! 

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 2:06pm
8 points clear of Cardiff with 2 games left, pity we didn't get the fourth try today, but the win was excellent

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 2:54pm
8 points clear of the blues and 14 points clear of Edinburgh.  Blues have to play Edinburgh at home so that game should rule one of them out of the chase for 3rd place.  2 points from our last 2 matches should be enough for 3rd, which I must say I didn’t see possible after the back to back defeats to the blues, so we’ll done the Scarlets for beginning to turn the season around.

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 2:59pm
Edin win next 3 games with BP's and will be 1pt ahead of us. If Blues win last 2 games with a BP in one, they will also be 1pt ahead of us. So we do need 2pts to be sure.

Can't see Edin winning out in Connacht though. 

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 3:50pm
2 tough games for us to finish on. Munster at home Connacht away. 

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I think it is the other way around, Munster away, Connacht home?

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 3:54pm

It’s the other way around.

Posted By: trinity60
Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 3:55pm
I think today will see us kick on this season and we can win our last 2 games and take some confidence into HC and RC.
If we can get a bit of help from Pivac with a few bodies we can go to Munster and win and Connaught are definitely beatable at home.

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 4:04pm

I think it is the other way around, Munster away, Connacht home?
I think Wasp could be parodying the view from the league’s standpoint.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 4:06pm

Edin win next 3 games with BP's and will be 1pt ahead of us. If Blues win last 2 games with a BP in one, they will also be 1pt ahead of us. So we do need 2pts to be sure.

They got to play each other, so its impossible .

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 4:08pm
Yes. This win really puts us in the box seat for 3rd.

Date Posted: 27 February 2021 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Low scoring draw would be good..

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 02 March 2021 at 5:47pm
I'm getting confused on the schedule. <easily done>

We have two games left of the season before the rainbow cup, right? So there will be no home home game against the Os.

Re rainbow cup I can only find this"  https://www.pro14.rugby/latest/pro14/guinness-pro14-to-conclude-in-march-ahead-of-rainbow-cup-with-south-africa-super-teams" rel="nofollow - https://www.pro14.rugby/latest/pro14/guinness-pro14-to-conclude-in-march-ahead-of-rainbow-cup-with-south-africa-super-teams

When is the fixture list coming out? Is there any more to the structure of these 2 pools?

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Date Posted: 02 March 2021 at 8:03pm
They haven't announced anything (in typical Pro14 style) about the rainbow cup. 

In some fairness to them, can they even guarantee it'll go ahead given the travel to and from Africa?

-------------

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 02 March 2021 at 8:21pm

In some fairness to them, can they even guarantee it'll go ahead given the travel to and from Africa?
All teams are likely to be based in Dubai or Dublin. It's vital for the Welsh clubs that it goes ahead for financial reasons.

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 02 March 2021 at 9:38pm

All teams are likely to be based in Dubai or Dublin. It's vital for the Welsh clubs that it goes ahead for financial reasons.
Fair enough. Quite amusing that the only two options are Dublin or Dubai, lets wait and see which one they go with...

-------------

Date Posted: 02 March 2021 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Look again Edin have 4 games left. Unfortunately it is possible. Edin win next 3 it could = 15 pts.

Doesn't matter then if they lose to the Blues.

Blues have 2 games remaining, 5pts against Benetton, 4 against Edin, and they are also ahead of us. 

Date Posted: 02 March 2021 at 10:00pm

Fair enough. Quite amusing that the only two options are Dublin or Dubai, lets wait and see which one they go with...
The SA sides want London and all four to stay in the same hotel, apparently.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 March 2021 at 4:20am
Dubai is a red list location do travel to and from ex UK might be a challenge, so as I understand it has been shelved.

For info Covid restrictions are being eased in South Africa as cases have dropped akin to those in the UK.

Date Posted: 03 March 2021 at 8:40am
with France Scotland now on by the look of it the weekend after our game, Edinburgh will lose players hopefully for their game v dragons. 
We need a point out in munster and hopefully a win v connacht a massive game on monday 22nd. wonder if we would get a couple of the welsh players not picked for the french game? (Ball ryan elias?)
blues edinburgh on 22nd massive game. hopefully benetton can turn over the blues on 14th march out in treviso (tough place to go).

-------------

Date Posted: 03 March 2021 at 8:43am

with France Scotland now on by the look of it the weekend after our game, Edinburgh will lose players hopefully for their game v dragons. 
We need a point out in munster and hopefully a win v connacht a massive game on monday 22nd. wonder if we would get a couple of the welsh players not picked for the french game? (Ball ryan elias?)
blues edinburgh on 22nd massive game. hopefully benetton can turn over the blues on 14th march out in treviso (tough place to go).

Sadly Benetton are yet to win a game, so I am not too hopeful.

Date Posted: 03 March 2021 at 8:47am
Don't forget, Edinburgh also play Connacht away. 

Date Posted: 03 March 2021 at 8:49am

Problem with release that weekend will be travelling reserves - Ball & Elias will fit that bill as would Hardy/Cawdor if not selected in the 23. Also if we win I don't know what state they will be in after celebrations combined with not having any time with Scarlet squad to prepare. 

Date Posted: 03 March 2021 at 9:09am

Problem with release that weekend will be travelling reserves - Ball & Elias will fit that bill as would Hardy/Cawdor if not selected in the 23. Also if we win I don't know what state they will be in after celebrations combined with not having any time with Scarlet squad to prepare. 

Maybe we could have them on the bench to boost our options should we need it, Edinburgh will likely get 5 points this weekend so they will reduce the gap to 9 points with 1 game in hand (Drags away the week after we play Connacht and id expect them to get 5 points if they needed that to overtake us with the way Drags have been playing).

Munster away is key for us as Blues have Benetton away the same weekend and if we can pick up a point against them and Blues just get a win in Benetton without a bonus point (a win out there will be tough as their last 2 home games vs Munster and Connacht theyve lost in the last play of the game) we will be 5 points ahead of them and our points difference is -1 where Blues are -53 so even if they beat Edinburgh with a bonus point provided we dont get hammered by Connacht we should be ok in 3rd.

If we Connacht lose to Munster this weekend and then we beat Munster the following weekend we will then be playing Connacht for 2nd place on the final day

Still plenty to play for in terms of finishing as high as we can in our conference which after the Blues double header not many would have thought was possible

Its a shame really that we have this weekend off after 2 good performances as we could put a consistent run together

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 03 March 2021 at 9:46am

relax guys top 3 finish is in the bag, everyone chill out :)

Posted By: dyniol53
Date Posted: 03 March 2021 at 12:17pm

Lol I look forward to watching Dragons v “Cardiff Rugby” in Dublin.

Or do you just mean the SA teams?

-------------
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en

Posted By: dyniol53
Date Posted: 03 March 2021 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

The SA sides want London and all four to stay in the same hotel, apparently.

Yep, I think the Celtic rugby unions should have built an Exiles stadium in South West London. Would have been perfect for a situation like this. 

London Irish, London Scottish and London Welsh are all based 2km from each other now and a compact 10k rugby stadium in that area should’ve been on the cards 10 years ago.

-------------
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net