Forum Description: Other rugby chat
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46264
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 6:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: And on to France
Posted By: Fscarlet
Subject: And on to France
Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 9:10am
So job done on the Italians, we now move onto France on Super Saturday with the chance of winning the Slam. Whilst, at times, it looked like a training session on Saturday we did the job & got some much needed points in the points difference column.

What changes do people envisage? The only change I can see will be Beard for Hill, Hill was very good Saturday but given that Olivion is the top lineout taker in the tournament I can see Beard coming in for him. There is a possibility that Foxy will be dropped for Hallaholo but I just can't see it, given the sheer size of the French centres. Whilst he hasn't looked vintage Foxy going forward, he does offer that defensive reassurance & he his building a relationship with North. 

There will be clamour for Tomos to come in at 9 for Cawdor but given he is just back from injury I can't see him starting.

I thought the 2 props were excellent again & as someone alluded to on here they probably have played their way into the match day test squads for the Lions.

Replies:
Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 9:14am
Changes I'd make are Beard to start and Hill to the bench.

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 9:50am
I would go with Beard into the pack with Ball on the bench. Foxy & Cawdor to start and Tomos, if fully ready, on the bench. Liam worries me at FB defensively but excites me going forward so on balance he stays. Our passing skills are pretty poor so a strong case can be made for Halaholo at 12 who is an excellent distributor. 

The pace the French have in midfield is worrying compared with Biggar & Foxy in particular - this lad at 10 Jallibert is some player who gets me on the edge of my seat whenever he gets the ball. His natural attacking instinct and flair is what people will pay to see. Top top team France but they can be beaten as England showed. 

Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 9:51am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I would go with Beard into the pack with Ball on the bench. Foxy & Cawdor to start and Tomos, if fully ready, on the bench. Liam worries me at FB defensively but excites me going forward so on balance he stays. Our passing skills are pretty poor so a strong case can be made for Halaholo at 12 who is an excellent distributor. 

The pace the French have in midfield is worrying compared with Biggar & Foxy in particular - this lad at 10 Jallibert is some player who gets me on the edge of my seat whenever he gets the ball. His natural attacking instinct and flair is what people will pay to see. Top top team France but they can be beaten as England showed. 

Agreed & the worst thing is they have Ntamack on the bench!!

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 10:11am
Effective rush defence, target the ball and stop the offload. French play with so much flair all England did was the basics and very well and that was enough to win. 

Posted By: scarletsim
Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 11:39am
We will need to ensure our kick chase is at optimum if we are planning on kicking to keep the ball in play rather than off the field. I'd rather us put the ball out bit more and challenge them on their line out.

Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 11:46am
We cannot go deep on our box kicks!! 

Posted By: dyniol53
Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 12:20pm
I’d say the only weakness in their attack is their 15 who doesn’t look confident with the ball in hand, but does seem to mop up a lot of mistakes similar to Halfpenny in that regard.

I’d like to know why some think Halfpenny should start over Sanjay? I find Sanjay is just so much better in attack. When we get turnover ball he’s a running threat but his passing is slick and pacey too, created lots of space for LRZ and Adams on Sat. 

I love Halfpenny but mopping up in defence is only half the job of the fullback imo and I hate to think how many line breaks or opportunities we haven’t created because he’s been picked over Liam over the years.

-------------
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

I’d say the only weakness in their attack is their 15 who doesn’t look confident with the ball in hand, but does seem to mop up a lot of mistakes similar to Halfpenny in that regard.

I’d like to know why some think Halfpenny should start over Sanjay? I find Sanjay is just so much better in attack. When we get turnover ball he’s a running threat but his passing is slick and pacey too, created lots of space for LRZ and Adams on Sat. 

I love Halfpenny but mopping up in defence is only half the job of the fullback imo and I hate to think how many line breaks or opportunities we haven’t created because he’s been picked over Liam over the years.

I'd start Sanjay, but I can see arguments for Halfpenny:

1. Biggar's goal-kicking wasn't perfect against Italy, plus 1/2p can slot penalties from (probably) 10m further out - it makes defenders 'think a bit' before they gamble on killing the ball near halfway.

2. Halfpenny's defensive positioning is way better, and his tackling is more secure.

I do hope, though, that we'll spend more time attacking than defending - and our red-zone scoring record is second to none this season.

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 15 March 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

We cannot go deep on our box kicks!! 

Surely they practice these, look at sextons bombs on saturday , they had snow on them and allow the irish to compete....Up and unders/box kicks that go too far are a bit wasteful. Obviously if youre clearing your lines you often just go for distance. But if youre upfield you need to kick to compete with a good chase. 

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)

Date Posted: 16 March 2021 at 6:19pm
Tomos williams and adam beard are said to be fit and available
Heck of a call now between cawdor and tomos and beard and hill

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Tomos williams and adam beard are said to be fit and available
Heck of a call now between cawdor and tomos and beard and hill

Cawdor & Beard for me. We need to counter Ollivion at the line out & Williams whilst fit is short of game time. 

Date Posted: 16 March 2021 at 11:24pm
If we score 4 tries we’ve won the championship.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 6:08am

If we score 4 tries we’ve won the championship.

Not quite, a 4 try bonus point moves us to 20 points. If France get 2 wins both with 4 tries then that would move them to 20 where it would come down to points difference, which we have a 24 point advantage. 

However 2 match day points Saturday will see us to the championship & even if we do it that way I hope the players & the coaching staff in particular are still lauded. 

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 6:19am
Wales have picked up that great trait of finding a way to win when the stats would suggest different outcome.

France are the better side, but what you see with them, is they can often conjure up a way to lose...as they did against England really

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Wales have picked up that great trait of finding a way to win when the stats would suggest different outcome.

France are the better side, but what you see with them, is they can often conjure up a way to lose...as they did against England really

Yes Wil Wales with their huge experience through the spine of the team understand that, when they are under the cosh, not to make life easy for the opposition such as piggy backing penalties and field position. The French team are by far the best team in this tournament but despite Sean's efforts, they still have a little way to go with discipline and temperament. 

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 9:00am
I would argue France have the better individual players but we have a better team. 
The discipline Wales has showed in this year’s tournament has been outstanding. A fact I heard on weekend that we haven’t had yellow card since 2018 if that is true that is remarkable. 

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I would argue France have the better individual players but we have a better team. 
The discipline Wales has showed in this year’s tournament has been outstanding. A fact I heard on weekend that we haven’t had yellow card since 2018 if that is true that is remarkable. 

Our discipline has been outstanding, we dead rucked everything in the first half against Italy & just got bodies on their feet to have the red wall.

There is something about Wales, when our backs are against the wall the team seem to group together & work so hard to get over the line. I think, if we pull this off it, it will certainly be up there with the best Grand Slams we have won.

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 10:07am

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Our discipline has been outstanding, we dead rucked everything in the first half against Italy & just got bodies on their feet to have the red wall.

There is something about Wales, when our backs are against the wall the team seem to group together & work so hard to get over the line. I think, if we pull this off it, it will certainly be up there with the best Grand Slams we have won.

Here's the thing - I wouldn't even be putting Ladram's money on Wales not winning it. Wink

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 12:35pm
AWJ is crucial in this area of discipline, organization and structure...Hes practically managing and coaching the side whilst on the field. Even if he has lost a few yards of pace and energy, his rugby mind is sharper than ever. 

-------------

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 2:17pm
any wales win sees us get the trophy, a draw sees us get the trophy, a 4 - 1/ 4-2  defeat sees us get the trophy a 5 -2 defeat sees us get the trophy.

So we either need to win,  get a low scoring defeat or a high scoring game but a narrow defeat

Do we go out and play our natural game and go for the win or adapt the tactics ?

Do we have wainwright on the bench or botham? or have ball and beard on the bench to cover the second row and add bulk against a big French pack

Does halfpenny come into the 23?

Do we look at tomas Williams as a bench option?

I personally prefer smith to carre as a sub prop if I'm honest but will lack of game time go against him

Do we even

Posted By: solva
Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 2:51pm
Not thinking of defeat - only the Grand Slam 

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 2:59pm
Team picks itself in my opinion. 

Beard in for Hill, Hill on bench.

Tomos on bench for L. Williams.

Sheedy and Halaholo bench backs.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:11pm
For all the plaudits about the French attack - they only scored 15 points vs Ireland and only managed 20 against England.

We sort of have to accept that France will probably score 2 tries that we won’t really be able to stop. It might be a magic offload of a flair move. 

But Ireland and England both stopped them at 2 tries, so we shouldn’t be too scared.

I think Melon will have been studying the French defence pretty hard and might be working with Stevo to work out how to unlock it. 

As Chris Ashton said on the RUW podcast, Fabian Galtie probably spent all week practising that line-out move but neglected practising their exits. 

They’re a cracking group of players but they still have French weaknesses. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:16pm

For all the plaudits about the French attack - they only scored 15 points vs Ireland and only managed 20 against England.

We sort of have to accept that France will probably score 2 tries that we won’t really be able to stop. It might be a magic offload of a flair move. 

But Ireland and England both stopped them at 2 tries, so we shouldn’t be too scared.

I think Melon will have been studying the French defence pretty hard and might be working with Stevo to work out how to unlock it. 

As Chris Ashton said on the RUW podcast, Fabian Galtie probably spent all week practising that line-out move but neglected practising their exits. 

fair points, great try though wasn't it in fairnessClap

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:35pm

correct

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:36pm

spot on again, youre on a roll

-------------

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:36pm

And Halfpenny to 15

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Posted By: Tony Clifton
Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

And Halfpenny to 15
Disagree. We looked a better side against Scotland when Halfpenny came off. Great player, but injuries and age have caught up. Liam better at 15 especially with how we are playing now.

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

And Halfpenny to 15
Disagree. We looked a better side against Scotland when Halfpenny came off. Great player, but injuries and age have caught up. Liam better at 15 especially with how we are playing now.
Halfpenny’s decision making in attack and his positional play defensively is superior. 

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 5:01pm

Halfpenny’s decision making in attack and his positional play defensively is superior. 

Agree his defensive positional play is generally better. Though vs Scotland he made a massive error for Hogg’s try. 

Just think Sanjay creates more, running threat from anywhere, makes a few more half breaks and his passing can get us from attacking one side of the pitch to the other - with North and Zammit on the pitch I think that’s huge.

-------------

Posted By: Tony Clifton
Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 6:00pm

And Halfpenny to 15
I don’t agree. Williams is a superior attacker, and more reliable in the air. Liam has combined well with the wings and midfield, joining the line very effectively. We’ve been a better attacking side with him in it, and he’s bailed us out in defence a few times, such as Itoje’s chargedown. If we have a reliable goal kicker at 10, there is no benefit to having Halfpenny at 15 over Williams.

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 6:43pm
Brilliantly though North has played, especially with the ball, I find his defence sometimes a bit shaky.

Henry Slade isolated him just before half time in the England game. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if 1st phase they stick Foxy at 13 so that any French pre-set moves don’t end up down North’s channel.

The French like to use blockers on the 10,12 and to give Jaliburt space around the 13. I’d be much more confident having Foxy make those decisions than North.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 6:54pm
I’m also expecting to see a bit of French “choreographed chaos” in attack. 

The try that Bierne scored against us in the 1st game, where Henshaw just ran back towards the ruck to find Tips slip a tackle, was very similar to the Penaud try vs Ireland where Jalibert switched direction to find a snoozing Irish blindside.

They’ve got quality runners like Tomas who can do that and find a small gap between a prop and a back etc 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 6:58pm
In attack, I hate to say it, but the French maul defence isn’t their strong point. So we’d do well to target them there.

The Itoje try last weekend came from a maul and the James Lowe “try” where his toe was in touch stemmed from an Irish lineout maul going 10-15m.

Having said that Le Roux was in the sin bin at that point, and against England I think he’d been taken off.

What I’m trying to say is Ken Owens to score is a half decent bet 😅

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 9:28pm

And Halfpenny to 15
I don’t agree. Williams is a superior attacker, and more reliable in the air. Liam has combined well with the wings and midfield, joining the line very effectively. We’ve been a better attacking side with him in it, and he’s bailed us out in defence a few times, such as Itoje’s chargedown. If we have a reliable goal kicker at 10, there is no benefit to having Halfpenny at 15 over Williams.
Liam is a fine fine player but you’re underestimating Halfpenny. He’s the best positional 15 in the world, no question. Defensively he’s excellent and his decision making is better even in attack than Liam’s. As an all round package he’s still a superb player. Saturday’s game is going to be very tight, there won’t be as much space for Wales to exploit as there was in the first four games. When you’re in the trenches you want Halfpenny in your side. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2021 at 11:10pm
Halfpenny is class, Liam is also brilliant although does have the odd mad moment still. Its one heck of a choice between 2 world class full backs. What makes it worse is there no place on the bench for either of them. Its a tough business leaving out 1 of these legends for a grand slam decider. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 7:15am

And Halfpenny to 15
Liam is a fine fine player but you’re underestimating Halfpenny. He’s the best positional 15 in the world, no question. Defensively he’s excellent and his decision making is better even in attack than Liam’s. As an all round package he’s still a superb player. Saturday’s game is going to be very tight, there won’t be as much space for Wales to exploit as there was in the first four games. When you’re in the trenches you want Halfpenny in your side. 

On balance I tend to agree with Scarletnut. Liam is a bit of a liability in defence, his tackling is pretty weak overall getting bumped off far too easily & of course his temperament is always one step from a card. Leigh beats him on all the above & of course he can get you points from 50m+. 

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 11:24am
I think pivac will edge for sanjay as he wont want to change this winning team, tough on hapenny though

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 11:27am
None of these so called pundits outside Wales think we can win. The way theyre talking up France is ott imo....France is awesome france france france...The way they came within 3 points of beating mighty england was so incredible? The same england team we put 40 points on... They scored 2 cracking tries but most of the rest of the match they didnt achieve a great deal. Gave away a lot of penalties, succumbed to the rolling maul and faded late on

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 11:32am
team is out beard in for hill, hill to bench  rest is the same

smith onto bench for carre , botham for wainright and tomas Williams for Lloyd williams

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 11:32am
Only change is Beard in for Hill, who drops to the bench.

1. Wyn Jones (34 Caps)
2. Ken Owens (81 Caps)
3. Tomas Francis (56 Caps)
4. Adam Beard (24 Caps)
5. Alun Wyn Jones (CAPT) (147 Caps)
6. Josh Navidi (27 Caps)
7. Justin Tipuric (84 Caps)
8. Taulupe Faletau (85 Caps)
9. Gareth Davies (61 Caps)
10. Dan Biggar (91 Caps)
11. Josh Adams (31 Caps)
12. Jonathan Davies (87 Caps)
13. George North (101 Caps)
14. Louis Rees-Zammit (8 Caps)
15. Liam Williams (70 Caps)

Replacements:

16. Elliot Dee (36 Caps)
17. Nicky Smith (38 Caps)
18. Leon Brown (16 Caps)
19. Cory Hill (31 Caps)
20. James Botham (5 Caps)
21. Tomos Williams (21 Caps)
22. Callum Sheedy (8 Caps)
23. Uilisi Halaholo (3 Caps)

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 11:38am
Could this be Alun Wyn’s last game? 

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 11:43am
Bit surprised to see Nicky Smith being put right back in, I thought Rhodri had done ok in the small bits I have seen of him.

Posted By: Rob Hunt
Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 12:08pm

Bit surprised to see Nicky Smith being put right back in, I thought Rhodri had done ok in the small bits I have seen of him.
I think that Rhodri is injured and has been released from the squad.

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

I think that Rhodri is injured and has been released from the squad.

Ah ok, apologies in that case.

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 12:10pm
So wonder who we may get back? 

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 12:37pm
I'm concerned about our midfield defence off French phase 1 or fast ball.

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 12:38pm
Botham over wainwright ?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 12:53pm
Bench Pivac’s picked seems to be a focus on increasing the pace of the game. Smith gets around the park, Tomos plays the game quicker than L.Williams and I’d say Botham is probably more dynamic than Wainwright.

Basically hoping to up the tempo last 20.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 1:09pm

Bench Pivac’s picked seems to be a focus on increasing the pace of the game. Smith gets around the park, Tomos plays the game quicker than L.Williams and I’d say Botham is probably more dynamic than Wainwright.

Could be the plan. Our bench certainly brings mobility and with Sheedy & Halaholo some snap in attack. If we are within one score at 60 minutes I fancy us. 

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Could be the plan. Our bench certainly brings mobility and with Sheedy & Halaholo some snap in attack. If we are within one score at 60 minutes I fancy us. 

Lets remember France are quick starters, they try to score early. They did a couple of years back in France & again against England last week. If we can keep them quiet for the first 20 I fancy us to do a job.

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 1:22pm

None of these so called pundits outside Wales think we can win. The way theyre talking up France is ott imo....France is awesome france france france...The way they came within 3 points of beating mighty england was so incredible? The same england team we put 40 points on... They scored 2 cracking tries but most of the rest of the match they didnt achieve a great deal. Gave away a lot of penalties, succumbed to the rolling maul and faded late on

I kind of agree with this. It’s a side effect of the English dominated media. But there’s certainly a part of me that worries France could do the equivalent of the 30-3 on us haha

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 1:38pm
Yes it probably is a side effect of the english media, which panders to the bigger population of england.
we need to respect the french and their various talents and plan for them in detail...But in no way should we be in awe of them or show too much respect. They have their strengths but weaknesses too.. But we have mass experience with plenty of successes, multiple grand slammers, multiple winning lions, world cup semi finalists and unbeaten this season too.

I agree the first 20 is critical. Rather than sit back and rope a dope, Id like to see us attack them early 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 3:28pm
Yep, more than anything this tournament we’ve shown we will capitalise on other teams mistakes.

France can’t afford to switch off if they give a penalty away, like England and Italy did.

Then with 4 Lions quality wingers on the pitch, were only 1 intercept from a try at any point. 

Our lineout is also now an attacking strength after falling apart in the Autumn. 

As we’ve all said, we can expect no less than 2 moments of magic from the French, but we’ve come from 16pts down against them before. 

Purely going by the number of caps in the starting 15 you’d expect Wales to hold there nerve in a tight game.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 4:06pm
It will be on the day, on paper we have a great chance , but its on the day and the butterflies will be in the tummies but as quinnell said, sometimes those butterflies grow into dragons Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2021 at 7:50pm
Ok lets get in the mood for saturday with the greatest rugby movie ever made, free on youtube.....Lets hope no one ends up like windsor davies on saturday night lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDdKe2IoWo" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDdKe2IoWo

-------------

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 1:04pm

I kind of agree with this. It’s a side effect of the English dominated media. But there’s certainly a part of me that worries France could do the equivalent of the 30-3 on us haha

I think (though could be mistaken) that we had a territory and possession advantage against England, whereas they had those advantages against France - and, of course, scored late from a line-out. 

If we can repeat that and avoid any mess-ups in defence, we could win it for sure. Reasons against - France at home (but no crowd), and inexperienced centre partnership.

I think (hope) we'll do it - just.

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I think (though could be mistaken) that we had a territory and possession advantage against England, whereas they had those advantages against France - and, of course, scored late from a line-out. 

If we can repeat that and avoid any mess-ups in defence, we could win it for sure. Reasons against - France at home (but no crowd), and inexperienced centre partnership.

I think (hope) we'll do it - just.

I think Foxy & North have been solid yet unspectacular together but have looked good defensively which we will need this weekend!! Take it to them from the off & get them to chase the game. If we are within 8 after the first half I think we will win. 

Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 2:07pm
If the French have ball in hand they are phenominal. Other facets if their game are not so good. Lineouts, Rucks and Mauls. They hold their own in the Scrum, but if Wales front row can get the edge there so be it.
Allow them to get clean ball and Wales will be in for a long day.

Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

If the French have ball in hand they are phenominal. Other facets if their game are not so good. Lineouts, Rucks and Mauls. They hold their own in the Scrum, but if Wales front row can get the edge there so be it.
Allow them to get clean ball and Wales will be in for a long day.

They very rarely maul either, usually a knock down to the 9 or bring down then give to 9 via the hooker.

They are a big pack & started to blow after 60 minutes against England.

Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 3:26pm
They kicked a lot of ball away in ireland

-------------

Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 6:19pm
The hype around France is absurd now, every blog or podcast Ive seen has hyped them to the heavens and barely mentioned wales. Lets hope this works in our favour

-------------

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 8:03pm
Even though i don't think his form this year merits a place in the wales squad i have to say that foxy is a monster 35/1 for first try tomorrow,i have parted with some of my hard earned and backed him.

Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Even though i don't think his form this year merits a place in the wales squad i have to say that foxy is a monster 35/1 for first try tomorrow,i have parted with some of my hard earned and backed him.

how much ladram?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 8:08pm

how much ladram?
roy mun,my wife could be on here.LOL

Posted By: Jones2004
Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 8:37pm

how much ladram?
At least you’ve picked a player that’s starting this weekLOL

Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

how much ladram?

i was just getting over that jones,OuchLOLLOL

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 9:10pm

how much ladram?

Who you’ve described in unflattering terms about his attacking capabilities.

Resembles bookie manipulation, perhaps.

Not quite to the extent that a certain cricket playing country would seemingly always lose its first away test on a tour to a minnow, naturally Wink

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 19 March 2021 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

how much ladram?

Who you’ve described in unflattering terms about his attacking capabilities.

Resembles bookie manipulation, perhaps.

Not quite to the extent that a certain cricket playing country would seemingly always lose its first away test on a tour to a minnow, naturally Wink
when it comes to bookies EO money talks and mine says goodbye.LOL

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 4:00pm
Has anyone found 1 single pundit outside wales who is backing us tonight? I havent

-------------

Posted By: surfing-mtber
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 5:36pm
Lawrence Dallaglio gets shut down by the Irish commentator after citicising a penalty decision against Farrell, "Disagree Lawrence, the laws are there for a reason"!! Ha ha.
Clap LOL

HT 20-6 to Ireland despite a poor lineout.

-------------
Joshua24:15

Posted By: Sosban89
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 5:54pm
Beirne is having a great game. One of the best players on the pitch,

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Beirne is having a great game. One of the best players on the pitch,

Nailed on for the lions squad. 

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 6:32pm
Looking forward to hearing Woodward, Dallaglio etc talk about how well England did today and how many will be in the Lions.........

-------------

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 6:34pm
So England finish the championship in 5th place 

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 6:43pm
Whoever was picking the MOTM (sorry player!) had an absolute shocker. Henshaw was ok but I don’t think it’s Scarlet bias to suggest that Beirne was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Certainly played himself into the Lions squad in a brilliant Ireland performance.
England discipline killed them again, and was the reason why the Aki red card was an irrelevance in the end.

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

So England finish the championship in 5th place 
With Italy playing their near Under 23 team, some people might say it’s the wooden spoon position.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 7:04pm
None of these so called experts seems to realise yet that beirne is probably the best lock in europe, even though hes playing 6 half the time lol

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 7:07pm

None of these so called experts seems to realise yet that beirne is probably the best lock in europe, even though hes playing 6 half the time lol

All the talk of Itoje & AWJ being lions second rowers, Beirne has been head & shoulders above both & he outplayed Itoje today. 

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 7:13pm

All the talk of Itoje & AWJ being lions second rowers, Beirne has been head & shoulders above both & he outplayed Itoje today. 

Superb all tournament I agree hes nailed on starter for me

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 7:33pm

Superb all tournament I agree hes nailed on starter for me
Quite right FS. I’ve had loads of messages from neutrals saying the same about Tadhg. Astonished he wasn’t Player of the Match today.

-------------

Posted By: Rob Hunt
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 7:42pm
The more I see of Tadhg only emphasises how vital he was to our style of play and how totally irreplaceable he is. We can’t blame the management for his departure as quite rightly he wished to perform on the international stage. I just feel very fortunate to have witnessed his performances for us; the Pro 12 final and the Bath away game being particularly memorable.

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 8:54pm
Brilliant first half by both teams. Wales should certainly be happy with that. Let’s hope that France tire in the second half and that we’ll be good enough to take advantage of any chances that come our way (something we’ve been exceptional at doing so far this six nations.) 

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 9:00pm
gosh great first half all around....the timing of the subsitutions now could be critical

-------------

Posted By: Milli
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 9:07pm
Only one winner here and that is Wales.  Pack Gaining so much yardage with ease

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 9:11pm
George North at Centre is a revelation. Lions spot for him

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 9:15pm
Foxy and Liam are playing their best rugby of the season 

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 9:15pm
Making so many yards after contact. 

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 9:16pm
Hmm, held up imo

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 10:00pm
What an effort by Wales. Best performance under Pivac. 

Posted By: surfing-mtber
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 10:04pm
That loss all hinged Halaholo over running the kicker as soon as he came on.

-------------
Joshua24:15

great game,great ref and who would have thought our discipline would desert us when we needed it most.

Posted By: Mogwen
What a game. Not sure about subbing biggar and beard. Liam silly. Ref was good. France were too good at the end

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 10:10pm
Hope these boys took suffer too much psychologically from this cruel set back, cant evaluate atm heartbroken.....

-------------

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 10:16pm
The pack went well. I thought faletau was excellent. Biggar had his best game by far. The wingers worked their socks off. The subs didnt have the impact they have had in the other games. North is getting better and better at 13

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 10:19pm
Wyn Jones will be a Lion. How great is that.

Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 10:22pm
No concerns about any squad player releases will have been celebrating too much.

Lots to love about that performance and the match.

Much to learn too.

We’re now all supporting Scotland.

-------------

Posted By: gaffer
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 10:22pm
Tough result. A great effort, nonetheless. Well done.

-------------
What's going on?

Posted By: scarletsim
Date Posted: 20 March 2021 at 10:25pm
Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net