Forum Description: Other rugby chat
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46316
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 8:23pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Wales Summer Matches Announced
Posted By: Fscarlet
Subject: Wales Summer Matches Announced
Date Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:09am
Wales will play Argentina & Canada in Cardiff in July, starting with a test against the Canadians on the 3rd July before back to back tests against Argentina on the 10th & 17th July. Canada are coached by two former Welsh skippers, Kingsley Jones & Rob Howley.

Replies:
Posted By: dyniol53
Date Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:25am
That’s very good news for the WRU’s coffers if they can get fans in.

The team is also potentially very interesting with the 10 Lions out. Really good chance to build some depth and continue to blood Pivac’s philosophy under the radar.

-------------
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en

Date Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:43am
E.g. potential line up 

1. Rob Evs 
2. Dee
3. Francis

4. Beard
5. Hill

6. Moriarty
7. Navidi
8. Wainwright 

9. Tomos / Hardy
10. Sheedy / J. Evans 

12. Williams / Halaholo 
13. Foxy

11. Lane / Rogers 
14. Holmes 
15. Ioan Lloyd / Halfers

-------------

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:47am
Could be seeing Blacker in the squad if he continues his trajectory.  

Date Posted: 10 May 2021 at 12:21pm
Holmes is one of the in most in form wingers at the moment, seems to have really hit his stride donw at Dave Parade.

Posted By: Sosban89
Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:40am
Nicely timed to injure half our squad ready for the new season. Can't wait, very important games.

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Nicely timed to injure half our squad ready for the new season. Can't wait, very important games.
no test rugby no pro rugby in wales. Like it or not that’s the reality of the situation

Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:58am
Evans dee francis beard hill moriarty jac wainwright the psck.  The backs  t williams and sheedy half backs. Centres j davies  and watkin. Wings holmes and lane and halfers 15. Bench smith ryan will griff john seb  davies botham rhodri j evans i llloyd for the pumas, for canada mix it up a bit 

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

no test rugby no pro rugby in wales. Like it or not that’s the reality of the situation
Is it really the reality?

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:10am

Evans dee francis beard hill moriarty jac wainwright the psck.  The backs  t williams and sheedy half backs. Centres j davies  and watkin. Wings holmes and lane and halfers 15. Bench smith ryan will griff john seb  davies botham rhodri j evans i llloyd

You not having Hardy in there?

Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:18am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

yes theres not enough paying fans to keep the best players in wales just on what the regions take if we like it or not

Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Evans dee francis beard hill moriarty jac wainwright the psck.  The backs  t williams and sheedy half backs. Centres j davies  and watkin. Wings holmes and lane and halfers 15. Bench smith ryan will griff john seb  davies botham rhodri j evans i llloyd

You not having Hardy in there?
ahh flip forgot him lol yes hes on bench starts vs canada 😂😂

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:25am

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

yes theres not enough paying fans to keep the best players in wales just on what the regions take if we like it or not
Its not as simple as that 

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:25am
For me Hardy is the starting 9 - less prone to mistakes than Tomos. The Welsh regions really need to flex their muscle & stop being dictated to by the WRU. Well publicised exploratory discussions with English Premiership clubs should be conducted as soon as possible; no WRU or RFU reprsentatives invited. 

Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 6:13pm
Could well be used as a recruitment opportunity for Welsh-qualified England based players too...

Dan Thomas at Bristol.
Corey Baldwin at Exeter(!)
Joe Hayes at Leicester
George Nott the 2nd row at London Irish who I thought we might try and pinch since Tex and Ball are gone

Personally, I’d like to see Wales play as strong a team as possible vs Argentina given how we’re still learning the Pivac way to play.

-------------

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:21pm
Italy wil be the only National side without july test matches...at the Moment there Is a Deep trasformation insider federation

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:09am
That's a big shame Mr Ian, the summer matches are a great time to blood the youngsters. Hopefully they can get a game or 2 somewhere.

As an aside, with our summer tour coming up are there any players we expect to see capped? Any youngsters over in England that we should be looking at capping?

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:07am

That's a big shame Mr Ian, the summer matches are a great time to blood the youngsters. Hopefully they can get a game or 2 somewhere.

As an aside, with our summer tour coming up are there any players we expect to see capped? Any youngsters over in England that we should be looking at capping?

Personally I don't see too much experimentation. I think Pivac may well look at Holmes at 15, Lane at 13
& Kieran Williams at 12. I hope he gives Jarrod some meaningful time to establish if he has taken on board the advice he has been given.

As for new guys - I think Jac Morgan deserves a chance. It is still too early for Morgan Jones & Ben Carter but they may well be added to an extended squad for some experience. Our own Blacker won't be far off a call but I expect the test spots to go to Hardy & Tomos in that order. Its a good chance for boys like Rob Evans, Samson ( if fit) to re-establish their International credentials. Rhys Carre, Dillon Lewis and Smith should also feature. I hope WillGriff may be given a chance also. As for captain I would go with Hill as Ellis Jenkins is not going to be risked as his other knee is a little troublesome. 

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:13am

nott the lock at l irish hayes the tigers prop are two

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:17am

That boy Heyes is quite a unit. Hasn't he been called up to a few of Eddie's squads? Any idea whether he has a stated preference International wise. 

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

That boy Heyes is quite a unit. Hasn't he been called up to a few of Eddie's squads? Any idea whether he has a stated preference International wise. 

Will the English be sniffing around Reffell?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net