Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: https://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46330
Printed Date: 18 September 2021 at 7:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Scarlets v Ulster
Posted By: surfing-mtber
Subject: Scarlets v Ulster
Date Posted: 21 May 2021 at 9:00pm
So, 500 Ulster fans allowed in for this one.

-------------
Joshua24:15

Replies:
Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 21 May 2021 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

How many of ours?

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 21 May 2021 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

How many of ours?

As Dirty Harry would say Steve “ Do you feel lucky punk “? 😉 

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Date Posted: 21 May 2021 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

How many of ours?

As Dirty Harry would say Steve “ Do you feel lucky punk “? 😉 
Very welcoming, Ulster. They love the revenue we bring.

Not so accommodating in other respects like a level playing field.

Maybe our away kit should be orange. Can’t get us any less fair treatment from TMOs and other flag or whistle bearing officials.

Are CoolinScarlet or Randelan going?

-------------

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 22 May 2021 at 1:17pm
I don’t get fans from different regions pouting that other teams are getting fans and they aren’t. We’re coming out of a pandemic. Thank god you made it and just look forward to next season. 

Posted By: multinational
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I don’t get fans from different regions pouting that other teams are getting fans and they aren’t. We’re coming out of a pandemic. Thank god you made it and just look forward to next season. 

Doubt anyone would argue that point. It would be good to have a consistent approach though mate and given other teams within the country have had the opportunity to have fans I don't see why we can't?

We are heading out of a dark period of time and people need things like this to regain confidence in normality again.

-------------
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 9:37am

Misses the point though. Its like refereeing standards - all we want is consistency. Its impossible to debate this point though as if you want fans, you are perceived as being uncaring, stupid etc.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 9:53am
If you can have 10,000 people in Twickenham you can have 3000 in PYS. Social distancing in the ground is a little nonsensical when people are milling around the bars before/after. The fight against this pandemic has moved on - away from lockdown to attempt a return to some level of normality. All our hopes are now pinned on the vaccine/vaccine programme.

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 12:45pm
We have to start getting back to normality some day, hope we get fans in pys as soon as possible

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

We have to start getting back to normality some day, hope we get fans in pys as soon as possible

Which is why I think next season is the time. More people will have had their full vaccination plus the final phase of coming out of full lockdown will have passed. There’s one game left. Is it worth organising all the logistics for it?

Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Which is why I think next season is the time. More people will have had their full vaccination plus the final phase of coming out of full lockdown will have passed. There’s one game left. Is it worth organising all the logistics for it?
Fully agree. All summer to assess the sample participation events and variants issues including any consequence of the ambers rushing off to Spain and  safety measures hopefully for a fresh start in September 

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 3:12pm
Fair enough, i’m not saying get people in for the last home games. But certainly from the start of next seAson including the pre season games.  I have no idea what it will be like, eg will the bars be open , the corporate tables open etc.  Will capacity be limited etc

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 3:22pm
i think the scarlets want some sort of crowd in there and are prepared for it. just dont see the welsh gov. allowing it

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 3:51pm
A planned 'outdoor cinema' event scheduled for the 11th June at PYS was cancelled last week.

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 5:15pm

EVERY  Pro sporting event in England and Wales in last 7 days as had crowds.World Championship snooker and even Premier darts from tonight as crowds . Even Cinemas are open again .

Why there is no crowds at Edinburgh game ,two weeks Sunday is an absolute mystery .

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

A planned 'outdoor cinema' event scheduled for the 11th June at PYS was cancelled last week.
That was probably down to the cyclone that came through West Wales

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

That was probably down to the cyclone that came through West Wales

Not sure how a cyclone that happened last week would affect the event that’s scheduled for next month. 

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 25 May 2021 at 10:01am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

EVERY  Pro sporting event in England and Wales in last 7 days as had crowds.World Championship snooker and even Premier darts from tonight as crowds . Even Cinemas are open again .

Why there is no crowds at Edinburgh game ,two weeks Sunday is an absolute mystery .

100% agree.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 25 May 2021 at 11:20am
We really need a positive performance. To get people excited for when we are are able to come back to the parc. I sadly don’t see it though. I think Ulster will blow us away. 

Date Posted: 25 May 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

We really need a positive performance. To get people excited for when we are are able to come back to the parc. I sadly don’t see it though. I think Ulster will blow us away. 

Agreed, though for me a good disciplined performance & not conceding more than 3 tries will be a good result give our defence, or lack of, in recent times.

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 25 May 2021 at 11:30am

I would just write this season off and start again in September 

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 25 May 2021 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I would just write this season off and start again in September 

Our players need to impress our next coach so I would expect a disciplined and professional performance, unless they don't care what Dwayne Peel thinks of them.

-------------
Keep the faith

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 25 May 2021 at 4:26pm
Just nice seeing fans back at games to be honest, regardless of what t6eam they're supporting ClapClapClap

-------------
New Season, New Start

Posted By: surfing-mtber
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 12:04am
Interesting article regarding Dwayne's  influence on the development of Ulster's attack, developing young backs and encouraging the 9s to 'take it to the defence'.
Highly regarded at Ulster it seems.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57244213" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/5724421
Ulster fielding an experimental side against us.

-------------
Joshua24:15

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:43am

Interesting article regarding Dwayne's  influence on the development of Ulster's attack, developing young backs and encouraging the 9s to 'take it to the defence'.
Highly regarded at Ulster it seems.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57244213" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/5724421
Ulster fielding an experimental side against us.

We've employed that policy all season. 😋

-------------
Keep the faith

Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:28pm
Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU, 47th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Eoghan Cross, Paul Haycock (both IRFU)
TMO: Brian MacNeice (IRFU)

Best of luck boys.

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:54pm

Absolute joke , Mickey Mouse appointments,in a Mickey mouse tournament.

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Best of luck boys.

A bit tactless appointing McNiece for this one after the league match. 

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 4:21pm

The Scottish and Italian teams seem to insist on neutral officials ,where as the three privately owned Welsh Region's seem to except it .

How can the WRU Dragons be officiated by  WRU officials ,and the Irish Provinces have IRFU officials.

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Best of luck boys.

A bit tactless appointing McNiece for this one after the league match. 
Boris could’ve done it, it’s so like having your nose rubbed in it.

-------------

Posted By: Captain
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:04pm
Great win, shame no bonus points 

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:14pm
Ulster match is off.

Thought it was a breach of the conflict of interest policy all good institutions have.

Covid in the Ulster squad.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:38pm
Pretty poor at elite sports level to see Covid ruin this game especially at this stage in the pandemic. Someone at Ulster seems to have dropped the ball metaphorically speaking! Shame for all fans . Oh well 🙁

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:52pm

Pretty poor at elite sports level to see Covid ruin this game especially at this stage in the pandemic. Someone at Ulster seems to have dropped the ball metaphorically speaking! Shame for all fans . Oh well 🙁
Maybe the TMO’s got a medical qualification. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:39pm

Poor  at elite sports level to see Covid ruin this game especially at this stage in the pandemic. Someone at Ulster seems to have dropped the ball metaphorically speaking! Shame for all fans but on reflection it may just be very bad luck 🤔?. Oh well 🙁
Maybe the TMO’s got a medical qualification. Wink
Ah our friend Mr ( Dr) Mc Neice 😉

-------------

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:14am
Game is off due to covid cases.

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:20am
Clearly not ready for crowds....

Posted By: christaff
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 5:49pm
I've just got two tickets for the Wales v Albania friendly at the Cardiff City stadium next weekend. Confusing times 

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 8:18pm
It’s testing and sampling. Very happy with the caution personally. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net