Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46347
Printed Date: 19 March 2024 at 9:57am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Team for Edinburgh?
Posted By: supertaf
Subject: Team for Edinburgh?
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 11:58am
Not sure how Dai will approach this dead rubber - give the lads a chance of is winning all that matters?
I wouldnt play any of our squad members, dont want another Macleod happening to Tom for example.
Depending on injuries I would be tempted to give the boys who are leaving one last game 9assuming they are still here Jake excepted.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Replies:
Posted By: Jones2004
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 1:36pm
If Wales / Lions players need game time then play them, otherwise no point risking an injury for them with numerous summer games to play. Would also be nice to see some young talent getting more opportunities again.

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

If Wales / Lions players need game time then play them, otherwise no point risking an injury for them with numerous summer games to play. Would also be nice to see some young talent getting more opportunities again.

Too much wrapping in cotton wool for our Lions.  Follow the example of the English and select them. Bigger and Co are putting in huge shifts every week and will be match fit for the Lions.  The Welsh boys will be Gym fit but match rusty.

-------------
Keep the faith

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 2:27pm

Lions players not available , as I believe there in camp .

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 2:38pm
Gotta be a last chance to blood some players. 

Something like this, not fussed about the result but I think as there are fans for the first time in forever it might be a stronger side.
1. Rob evs 
2. elias
3. Sebastian
4. Jones
5. Helps
6. Rees 
7. Davis
8. Blade
9. Hardy 
10. Patchell?!
11. Conbeer
12. Roberts 
13. Morgan
14. Mcnicholl
15. Halfpenny

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 3:38pm
Rob elias seb jones louisi shingler davies blade, hardy costello, conbeer foxy stef rogers and halfpenny

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 3:55pm
I'd like to see Joe Roberts start at 13 outside of Foxy at 12 with Costellow at 10 & Rogers at 14. Would also like to see Morgan Jones & Iestyn Rees start. 

Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Not sure how Dai will approach this dead rubber - give the lads a chance of is winning all that matters?
I wouldnt play any of our squad members, dont want another Macleod happening to Tom for example.
Depending on injuries I would be tempted to give the boys who are leaving one last game 9assuming they are still here Jake excepted.

MacLeod got injured in Wales training didn't he? Could happen to anyone. Makes no sense to rest players on our payroll so that they are fit to go and play for a totally different team.

Play your best available, after all, our finishing positions may count towards the WRU payments.

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 7:01pm
I’d go fully loaded ( recognising a lot of guys have moved on and Lions call ups.)

Samson in contention is good to see.

Posted By: Tony Clifton
Date Posted: 09 June 2021 at 9:52pm
Hope to see Dan Davis! Sounds like Conbeer will be back. :D

Posted By: SospanMawr
Date Posted: 10 June 2021 at 10:37am
Conbeer was seen by most as a better prospect than Tom Rogers not long ago.. Rogers probably has the better all round game but Conbeer is a great talent with ball in hand.

I hope Conbeer and Tomi Lewis can have an extended spell around the first team and injury free. A back 3 of Rogers, Conbeer and Lewis is slightly undersized but would be very very dangerous.

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 10 June 2021 at 11:38am
We have rarely seen Ryan or Davis play and if they are regularly injured at their age it doesn’t bode particularly well for the future as the physicality continues. Big worry to me . I doff my hat to players like Parkes Ken etc who played so frequently over the years with AWJ of the Ospreys at the top of the teak pile 

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 10 June 2021 at 12:03pm
going by whats been said by DF and what Id like to see, hopefully we can see something like:
15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. Tom Rogers
13. Joe Roberts
12. Foxy
11. Ryan Conbeer
10. Sam Costellow
9. Kieran Hardy
8. Sione Kalamafoni
7. Jac Morgan
6. Blade Thomson
5. Sam Lousi
4. Morgan Jones
3. Samson Lee
2. Ryan Elias
1. Rob Evans
16. Daf Hughes
17. Steffan Thomas
18. Javan Sebastian
19. Jac Price
20. Carwyn Tuipolotu
21. Harri Williams
22. Rhys Patchell
23. Steff Hughes

no idea if the Lions are available. ive assumed not.

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 10 June 2021 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

We have rarely seen Ryan or Davis play and if they are regularly injured at their age it doesn’t bode particularly well for the future as the physicality continues. Big worry to me . I doff my hat to players like Parkes Ken etc who played so frequently over the years with AWJ of the Ospreys at the top of the teak pile 
You'd like to think that the new Head of Strength & Conditioning, or whatever the exact title is, will be key to getting players recovered quicker and better.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 10 June 2021 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I’d go fully loaded ( recognising a lot of guys have moved on and Lions call ups.)

Why Im not a coach...LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 11 June 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

[QUOTE=Wil Chips]I’d go fully loaded ( recognising a lot of guys have moved on and Lions call ups.)

Why Im not a coach...LOL
[/QUOTE
Or maybe I should be seeing the team. Very glad he's giving the squad a run and by the looks of Edinburghs team, so are they.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net