EPCR , fixtures . Scarlets v Bordeaux .

Printed From: Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets
Category: RUGBY
Forum Name: SCARLETS GENERAL
Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: https://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46489
Printed Date: 07 December 2021 at 5:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: EPCR , fixtures . Scarlets v Bordeaux .
Posted By: SAV
Subject: EPCR , fixtures . Scarlets v Bordeaux .
Date Posted: 07 October 2021 at 7:34pm
I see fixtures are released , scarlets away in France 16th Jan.. What are thoughts about travelling to this one . I fancy it . 

-------------
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories

Replies:
Posted By: Boisbach
Date Posted: 07 October 2021 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

I see fixtures are released , scarlets away in France 16th Jan.. What are thoughts about travelling to this one . I fancy it . 

Yes hopefully going 👍

Posted By: insidehalf
Date Posted: 08 October 2021 at 9:57am
Flights & hotel booked.

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 08 October 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by insidehalf insidehalf wrote:

Flights & hotel booked.

Where you flying from?

Posted By: insidehalf
Date Posted: 08 October 2021 at 12:34pm
Heathrow Fri 07:45 Bordeaux 10:20  BA.
Return Mon 11:20  Heathrow 12:00  BA 

Date Posted: 08 October 2021 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by insidehalf insidehalf wrote:

Heathrow Fri 07:45 Bordeaux 10:20  BA.
Return Mon 11:20  Heathrow 12:00  BA 

Thank you. 

Date Posted: 08 October 2021 at 5:33pm
All booked on Heathrow flights . 

-------------
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories

Posted By: christaff
Date Posted: 08 October 2021 at 6:13pm
Same here out and back from Heathrow. Went to bordeaux following Wales during euro 2016. Fantastic city and people we are in for a treat socially. 

Posted By: Boisbach
Date Posted: 08 October 2021 at 10:06pm
4 of us booked on the Heathrow flights, can’t wait have heard great things about Bordeaux

Date Posted: 09 October 2021 at 8:21pm
Cheers boys , I might need a bit of help finding my way around  bordeaux.  But I am happy to tag along . See you there . 

-------------

Posted By: Superscarlet
Date Posted: 09 October 2021 at 10:31pm
Would love this trip. Love Bordeaux so to see us play there would be fab

Date Posted: 10 October 2021 at 6:11pm
Just cancelled my Bordeaux hotel - what was I thinking. 

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 10 October 2021 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

The city and its attractions are still worth visiting. You could give the rugby a miss if we’ve not improved by then. 

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 10 October 2021 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

The city and its attractions are still worth visiting. You could give the rugby a miss if we’ve not improved by then. 

Bordeaux in January without the rugby is not Bordeaux in April without the rugby. I have better things to do with my time in all fairness. 

Date Posted: 10 October 2021 at 6:47pm

Bordeaux in January without the rugby is not Bordeaux in April without the rugby. I have better things to do with my time in all fairness. 
I nearly mentioned the weather. Quite understand.

-------------

Posted By: Speedy
Date Posted: 11 October 2021 at 1:31pm

This post should be a wake up call for the Scarlets board.

We are haemorrhaging once hardy support.

This club is rotten. It needs a massive overhaul. 

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 11 October 2021 at 1:32pm
Def going the boys need all help they can get 

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Date Posted: 11 October 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Def going the boys need all help they can get 
Nice one!

-------------

Posted By: hartson11
Date Posted: 15 October 2021 at 6:43pm
Thinking of going to Bordeaux.

Does anyone know if we, as non EU citizens, are allowed to go to the game though?

Spoke to an Ospreys mate who booked to go to Paris in December for their game, but was told by Racing that EU digital passports are required for entry to French stadia.

Having just checked online, it seems we can’t get access to the EU digital passport for obvious reasons. Don’t fancy going all the way to Bordeaux to end up watching in a pub!

Anyone been given any guidance by the club?

Date Posted: 15 October 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Does anyone know if we, as non EU citizens, are allowed to go to the game though?

Spoke to an Ospreys mate who booked to go to Paris in December for their game, but was told by Racing that EU digital passports are required for entry to French stadia.

Having just checked online, it seems we can’t get access to the EU digital passport for obvious reasons. Don’t fancy going all the way to Bordeaux to end up watching in a pub!

As a frequent traveller to France, I would like to offer some reassurance.

If you have a valid passport with more than 3 months validity left, you’re fine to enter the country, however, if you’ve a passport with more than 10 years validity ie you renewed it in advance of the old one’s expiry, it might cause a problem. That would need more research. Instinctively, I would think it only got key if your remaining 3 months/your journey covers part of the time that is more than 10 years from the start of your document.

Currently, before travelling, you also have to sign a declaration d’honneur (declaration of honour) that you’ve not come across anyone with covid and op you’ve not got any health issues that might be covid.

In terms of access to a stadium, I’ve read nothing about needing a passport, as you would usually interpret the word. What you need to get into most places, eg cafe, restaurant, bar, etc is proof of a completed course of antic covid jabs. These need to have been done a month or so prior to requiring access. Obscure jabs might present a problem. The mainstream ones are fine.

Before your trip to France, to make everything really easy, I’d recommend downloading the app TousAntiCovid. This is the super easy app to use to get access to food, drink and entertainment. When you download it, you get the English version.

What you need to do is upload a proof of your covid jabs from the NHS site/app. It might be best to print off and then scan. Alternatively, if you’ve got 2 devices, get the proof of jab on one and the TousAntiCovid app on the other device you’ll take with you. The app scans paper or images on another device.

Another option for the non jabbed is a successful PCR test within 48 hrs of entry. That’d be a huge risk as there’d be next to no chance of getting a refund on travel costs.

Hope this helps and provides some encouragement.

Aber will also be able to help, as he’s been over to France recently.

We’ve arrived this afternoon and it is so good to be here.

-------------

Posted By: hartson11
Date Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:45pm

If you have a valid passport with more than 3 months validity left, you’re fine to enter the country, however, if you’ve a passport with more than 10 years validity ie you renewed it in advance of the old one’s expiry, it might cause a problem. That would need more research. Instinctively, I would think it only got key if your remaining 3 months/your journey covers part of the time that is more than 10 years from the start of your document.

Currently, before travelling, you also have to sign a declaration d’honneur (declaration of honour) that you’ve not come across anyone with covid and op you’ve not got any health issues that might be covid.

In terms of access to a stadium, I’ve read nothing about needing a passport, as you would usually interpret the word. What you need to get into most places, eg cafe, restaurant, bar, etc is proof of a completed course of antic covid jabs. These need to have been done a month or so prior to requiring access. Obscure jabs might present a problem. The mainstream ones are fine.

Before your trip to France, to make everything really easy, I’d recommend downloading the app TousAntiCovid. This is the super easy app to use to get access to food, drink and entertainment. When you download it, you get the English version.

What you need to do is upload a proof of your covid jabs from the NHS site/app. It might be best to print off and then scan. Alternatively, if you’ve got 2 devices, get the proof of jab on one and the TousAntiCovid app on the other device you’ll take with you. The app scans paper or images on another device.

Another option for the non jabbed is a successful PCR test within 48 hrs of entry. That’d be a huge risk as there’d be next to no chance of getting a refund on travel costs.

Clumsy wording on my part regarding entry to the stadium, was of course referring to some sort of EU Digital Covid Pass, rather than passport, to avoid any confusion for anyone reading my post. I’m hoping it’s merely something that’s been lost in translation between my mate and the Racing ticket office in relation to his trip to watch the ospreys.

That’s all great information and it’s very much appreciated. Was completely unaware of that app you recommend, will defo download that. Thanks!

Date Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:47pm

Clumsy wording on my part regarding entry to the stadium, was of course referring to some sort of EU Digital Covid Pass, rather than passport, to avoid any confusion for anyone reading my post. I’m hoping it’s merely something that’s been lost in translation between my mate and the Racing ticket office in relation to his trip to watch the ospreys.

That’s all great information and it’s very much appreciated. Thanks!
You're welcome 

It’ll be fine.

-------------

Posted By: WynnWill
Date Posted: 17 October 2021 at 11:44am
Flights and hotel booked. See Ann for tickets when they are out then looking forward to a great weekend away following the boys.

Date Posted: 25 October 2021 at 11:37am
That's blown it , BA just changed flight out time . 
It's not going to work out now . Looks like I will cancel . 

-------------

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 25 October 2021 at 12:58pm
Eurostar is not a bad option then only couple of hours to Bordeaux from Paris 

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Date Posted: 25 October 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Eurostar is not a bad option then only couple of hours to Bordeaux from Paris 
Yes indeed plus you arrive in the centre of Bordeaux. Last time we used the shuttle service from airport to centre of the city it took almost an hour. Not sure how quick it is now, though.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 October 2021 at 7:52pm
I've now changed dates , managed to get Saturday off work . Now flying out Saturday morning . Extra night out . Sounds good 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 October 2021 at 5:45pm
BA now messing me around , they have now cancelled the Saturday flight .  That's an expensive weekend Friday to Monday.  

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net