Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46537
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 1:02pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ospreys Game on Friday.
Posted By: knutsfordlion
Subject: Ospreys Game on Friday.
Date Posted: 15 November 2021 at 8:45pm
Does anyone know if the game on Friday is included on our season tickets?

-------------
Page the oracle

Replies:
Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 15 November 2021 at 8:51pm

It's free to season ticket holders,but you need to contact ticket office to reserve your seats. £5 for non season ticket holders. Only South Stand open.

Posted By: Owen111
Date Posted: 15 November 2021 at 9:15pm
what time is ko 

Date Posted: 15 November 2021 at 9:23pm

7pm

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 15 November 2021 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

7pm

I bet you feel like Mami a lot Mark on fever and social media 😉😂

Date Posted: 15 November 2021 at 9:35pm

Anything I can do to help Dave LOL

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 7:59am
Are the Scarlets streaming  the game live 

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I don’t think we have ever done that sadly but  tbh with it being us v the Ospreys and a local derby against our biggest rivals I would expect the chances as being Zero! 🤔 I would hope for a decent crowd on Friday at 7pm

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 8:58am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I don’t think we have ever done that sadly but  tbh with it being us v the Ospreys and a local derby against our biggest rivals I would expect the chances as being Zero! 🤔 I would hope for a decent crowd on Friday at 7pm

I think we were going to stream it when we played the Ospreys (was it last season) in a similar development match but Booth said no.

Posted By: Jake Bullet
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 9:48am
Why would scarlets want to stream this when they can make money on gate receipts?

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 9:52am

For a game that isn't dictated by TV, they pick 7pm on Friday night clashing with Llanelli carnival? Excellent forward thinking as always by the club.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnAh1r0V9YMx4LjUAXI1AUts5jgBck9u" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2022

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 10:23am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

For a game that isn't dictated by TV, they pick 7pm on Friday night clashing with Llanelli carnival? Excellent forward thinking as always by the club.

I think the club can be forgiven for this kick off time when you consider that a Saturday time would clash with televised Internationals & there is the small matter of organising getting to South Africa which presumably could be happening on Sunday!!!!

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 11:06am

Planning doesnt seem high on anyones agenda lately. Swansea fireworks last Friday at 7. Great day/time that for anyone who works !? I know loads who didnt make it. Saturday anyone?

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I think the club can be forgiven for this kick off time when you consider that a Saturday time would clash with televised Internationals & there is the small matter of organising getting to South Africa which presumably could be happening on Sunday!!!!
I'd be far more likely to attend a lunchtime KO on the Saturday or even a Thursday night if i lived locally with young kids. Appreciate Sunday might be out of the question but would the squad go over there that early given the supposed lack of jetlag flying south?

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnAh1r0V9YMx4LjUAXI1AUts5jgBck9u" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2022

Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 11:29am

I'd be far more likely to attend a lunchtime KO on the Saturday or even a Thursday night if i lived locally with young kids. Appreciate Sunday might be out of the question but would the squad go over there that early given the supposed lack of jetlag flying south?

Thats a good point re jet lag and we don't play at altitude until the following week I think. It may well be travelling Tues/Wed for the Sharks game which will give us a little more time to assess the returning Internationals. As I see it, obviously depending on selection for Saturday but we should have a decent chance of seeing, Liam, McNicholl, Johnny Williams, Cawdor, Hardy, Wyn & WGJ featuring against the Sharks. 

Posted By: Maple
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 1:55pm
Impossible for me to get there, being 92 miles away and disabled. Would love it to be streamed.

-------------
Give Blood, Play Rugby

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 2:15pm
It’s funny a lot were critical of Dragons for not streaming the game last week but it’s ok for us not to do it. Would be nice for people have to travel over 130 miles each way for every game. 

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 2:22pm
Don't really understand why the club cannot stream games like this for a small fee. I am sure supporters would be happy to pay. 

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 2:25pm
Theres a good app called Crowdcast which would work really well.

Posted By: NobbySosban
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 5:45pm
Let's not forget that this has been organised as a development fixture, to allow players - especially young prospects and key injury returnees - to get some valuable game time ahead of the SA mini-tour which will must happen without our internationals.

Last Friday's game at Rodney Parade was initially scheduled for 2pm - they only changed it when there was a clamour from rugby-starved crowds. The game has to be on Friday to fit with the clubs' other plans and commitments, and unfortunately it will overlap with other events in the town - it's regrettable but can't really be helped. The club will not make any money from the fixture - it's about game time for the players made possible by the new URC/Autumn Test scheduling, and it should be seen as such.

Hopefully a little more forward planning will be possible for similar windows in the future - it would be great to see games against English clubs' development sides - but let's keep in mind the primary focus of the game.

Posted By: jimmywilde
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Let's not forget that this has been organised as a development fixture, to allow players - especially young prospects and key injury returnees - to get some valuable game time ahead of the SA mini-tour which will must happen without our internationals.

Last Friday's game at Rodney Parade was initially scheduled for 2pm - they only changed it when there was a clamour from rugby-starved crowds. The game has to be on Friday to fit with the clubs' other plans and commitments, and unfortunately it will overlap with other events in the town - it's regrettable but can't really be helped. The club will not make any money from the fixture - it's about game time for the players made possible by the new URC/Autumn Test scheduling, and it should be seen as such.

Hopefully a little more forward planning will be possible for similar windows in the future - it would be great to see games against English clubs' development sides - but let's keep in mind the primary focus of the game.
Maybe next year it could be set up as a little A league to be played in the November window. 3 rounds, home or away, done.

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 7:18pm
If its on Fridays it should ideally be streamed. I get why its not, but keeping fans engaged is more likely going to attract fans back to the more viable Saturday games (when they resume).

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 8:43pm

We had no crowds for a whole season people should be thankful. 

Date Posted: 16 November 2021 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

We had no crowds for a whole season people should be thankful. 
. That’s a great point tbh 👏

Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 11:05am

No jet lag as SA isnt much difference time wise to us. Lag is when you fly across a vast difference in time zone.

-------------

Posted By: Rubrum
Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 11:46am
I have flown to Jo'burg and Cape Town often (and back of course).

No jet-lag but it's a long flight and you are always tired at the end of it.
Best timing is 12 hrs to Jo'burg, 13 hours to the Cape.

Plus all the messing around at the airports.
No fun at all.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rubrum

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 11:53am
Add transit to London for any flight really…and no direct flights to Durban ( connect through Joburg I’m guessing).
24 hours door to door.

Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Rubrum Rubrum wrote:

I have flown to Jo'burg and Cape Town often (and back of course).

No jet-lag but it's a long flight and you are always tired at the end of it.
Best timing is 12 hrs to Jo'burg, 13 hours to the Cape.

Plus all the messing around at the airports.
No fun at all.

Agree any long flight is tiring but jet lag is something totally different.

-------------

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 12:13pm
Bahh try doing longhaul in the back of a hercules then your talking Wink

Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Is the military Trolley Dolly service any good ? 😉✈️ 🪂 

Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 3:46pm

ha not the best! Any idea of the team for fri folks??

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 3:51pm

I'd like to see Patchell have another 60 minutes so that he can sharpen up for the SA trip. If fit, it would be good to see Josh McLeod and Corey Baldwin have some game time too. 

Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I'd like to see Patchell have another 60 minutes so that he can sharpen up for the SA trip. If fit, it would be good to see Josh McLeod and Corey Baldwin have some game time too. 

Yes Rhys, Corey & Josh hopefully along with Rawlins would be great. If Samson is not available for the South Africa trip we need to find a back up to WGJ & Javan to travel. 

Posted By: Dai Guevara
Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 4:48pm
What is the nature of Samson's injury? Finding alternative tight heads capable of holding S. African scrums is no easy task. Are we sure Javan is fit and available to travel to S. Africa?
It would be nice to see Baldwin, Macleod and Rawlins on friday night to give them a (hopefully) undemanding 50 minutes to ease their way back.

Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 6:45pm

I have heard Patch his starting Friday. Samson good to go to SA.. 

Posted By: Cofi
Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 8:09pm
Perhaps this is not the right place to post this but whilst  discussing tight heads and the shortage of THprops did anyone else notice the young lad from RGC getting into the Premiership team of the month. At 6'4" Pedr Jones is a big lad and what I've seen of him looks very promising. He 's only 20years old. Perhaps Scarlets should give him a ring?

Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Cofi Cofi wrote:

Perhaps this is not the right place to post this but whilst  discussing tight heads and the shortage of THprops did anyone else notice the young lad from RGC getting into the Premiership team of the month. At 6'4" Pedr Jones is a big lad and what I've seen of him looks very promising. He 's only 20years old. Perhaps Scarlets should give him a ring?

Diolch -Dim byd i golli wrth gysylltu a Pedr nawr!!
Perhaps being tall isn't a big advantage for a tight-head as compared to a shorter but equally strong and heavy prop - a long back provides more leverage for the opposition loose-head to bend.

Posted By: Realwest
Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 10:14pm
That’s a great idea , with a little planning could be a small to deal on it as well 

Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 10:16pm
pooe no bar

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Originally posted by Cofi Cofi wrote:

Diolch -Dim byd i golli wrth gysylltu a Pedr nawr!!
Perhaps being tall isn't a big advantage for a tight-head as compared to a shorter but equally strong and heavy prop - a long back provides more leverage for the opposition loose-head to bend.

For reference, see Will Griff John at 6'3

-------------
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh

Date Posted: 17 November 2021 at 10:18pm
Maybe not an advantage but Carl Hayman was 6’5” playing tight head and he did ok

Posted By: jimmywilde
Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 2:42pm
Game being streamed on Ospreys' Facebook page.

Posted By: surfing-mtber
Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 2:46pm

15 Josh Phillips; 14 Eddie James, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Joe Roberts (capt), 11 Tom Rogers; 10 Rhys Patchell, 9 Luke Davies; 1 Steff Thomas, 2 Morgan MacRae, 3 Harri O’Connor, 4 Morgan Jones, 5 Jac Price, 6 Caleb Salmon, 7 Iestyn Rees, 8 Carwyn Tuipulotu.

Reps: 16 Lewis Morgan, 17 Phil Price, 18 Alex Jeffries, 19 Osian Davies, 20 Griff Evans, 21 Lucca Giannini, 22 Archie Hughes, 23 Sam Earl-Jones, 24 Josh Hathaway, 25 Bradley Roderick-Evans.

-------------
Joshua24:15

Posted By: Raised By Peregos
Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 2:52pm
According to the team announcement on the Scarlets site it's being streamed on our Facebook and Youtube too!

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 2:55pm
  Should be a cracker! Ospreys also picked a young 25 .

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 3:24pm
Anyone have any more info on any of our nos 23, 24, 25?

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 3:33pm

Sam   Earl Jones a full back from RGC.. Josh Hathaway Scarlets Academy. Bradley Roderick his ex Ospreys centre, Wales 20s, recently been released. Now plays for Pontypridd. Hope this helps Dai? 

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 3:38pm

Sam   Earl Jones a full back from RGC.. Josh Hathaway Scarlets Academy. Bradley Roderick his ex Ospreys centre, Wales 20s, recently been released. Now plays for Pontypridd. Hope this helps Dai? 

Is Bradley Roderick, who left the Ospreys last sesason, the same person as Bradley Roderick-Evans who appears to play for Cardiff Met as a 10/12/15. He has played 11 times for them this season scoring 119 points???

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 3:40pm

Yes I believe it is! 

Posted By: Tony Clifton
Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 3:44pm
From what I can see, these are two different Bradley Rodericks. 

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Maybe not an advantage but Carl Hayman was 6’5” playing tight head and he did ok

Ever since they changed the law about not dipping below the waist, props became taller. 

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 4:13pm
I dont know many players involved, good Will be the occasion the see of there Will be some interesting talent...
Lucky to see It 

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Apologies if I am wrong. 

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 6:43pm
I now think that Ospreys will be streaming the game on their Facebook page if you can cope with the bias 😂 

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 6:50pm

Apologies if I am wrong. 

I could be wrong as well! Not much info out on either right now.

Conbeer injured?

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 7:42pm

I now think that Ospreys will be streaming the game on their Facebook page if you can cope with the bias 😂 
It's a Scarlets feed Reesy, you'll be fine!

-------------
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 7:52pm

Apologies if I am wrong. 

I could be wrong as well! Not much info out on either right now.

Conbeer injured?

It's Bradley Roderick Evans,who his a former Scarlets Academy player . Yes it's not the ex Ospreys centre .

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

It's a Scarlets feed Reesy, you'll be fine!
Ha Ha - good I keep on thinking of the Tigers live stream and it’s ridiculous bias 😂

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 8:35pm

Yes it improved on my previous knowledge of zero! Diolch Mark.

Are we collecting centres? - Isn't this the position that we are have least need of more recruits? If we'd have had a look at an untried second row or number 8 then there might have been more logic in bringing in players from outside the region and having a look at them.

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 9:05pm

Dai, I stand corrected in Bradley Roderick Evans his our replacement tomorrow night, he his a former Scarlets Academy prospect, he plays at outside half/ centre.. He as been outstanding for Cardiff Met this season.
  So it's not the ex Ospreys centre, Bradley Roderick. 

Date Posted: 18 November 2021 at 11:00pm

Dai, I stand corrected in Bradley Roderick Evans his our replacement tomorrow night, he his a former Scarlets Academy prospect, he plays at outside half/ centre.. He as been outstanding for Cardiff Met this season.
  So it's not the ex Ospreys centre, Bradley Roderick. 

Thanks again. We should be OK for outside halves tomorrow night with Patch, Josh Phillips and Bradley Evans. Has the legendary outside half factory been pulled down and reassembled in Canton, Kairdiff ?

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 9:30am

Josh Phillips, I think his a Valleys boy, Tonyrefail I think. Although he was in Blues Academy, been a Scarlets fan all his life. Bradley his from the Carmarthen area, but in college in Cardiff. 

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 10:28am

Josh Phillips, I think his a Valleys boy, Tonyrefail I think. Although he was in Blues Academy, been a Scarlets fan all his life. Bradley his from the Carmarthen area, but in college in Cardiff. 

That's reassuring I was beginning to think that The Scarlets were picking a squad with 3 Cardiff developed outside halves.
Thanks again.

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 7:15pm
not the best start

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 7:37pm
Where is our line out, anyone seen it??? 

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 7:39pm
We look like a bunch of semi pros thrown together for a game.  The Ospreys look like a well drilled professional team. 🙄

-------------
Keep the faith

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 7:45pm
Coming back into a bit

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

We look like a bunch of semi pros thrown together for a game.  The Ospreys look like a well drilled professional team. 🙄

We've been awful. Can't believe how many lines out we've lost.

And our pen count is horrendous. 

Posted By: Huwbach
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 7:47pm
Not great. Just need to do basics. Salmon looks good. 

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 7:49pm
First 25 minutes were instantly forgettable. Better in the last 15.

Posted By: townboy
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

First 25 minutes were instantly forgettable. Better in the last 15.

Kicking the ball away far to much in the first 30 mins to 

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:05pm
This ospreys 8 is a handful

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:06pm
Yellow card need to make hay here

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:11pm
We are far too easy to rob in contact. Need to stay on our feet for longer for support to get to the carrier. 

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:16pm
Two x 2 on 1 overlaps and neither executed.

A little bit of white line fever from Iestyn Rees and Joe Roberts.

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:18pm
We should have scored two trys we didn’t get a point poor execution, make that three!

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:21pm
Ospreys 7 miles offside at that rolling maul.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:29pm
We are poor, make no mistake, but has this ref been to a rugby match before? 

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:30pm
I think theres a touch of arogance from certain players. Thinking because theyve played a few 1st XV games they can do whst they want. Iestyn rees has butchered 2 scoring plays by trying to take on the last man instead of passing. They seem very disorganised and skill levels are quite poor. Too many handling errors and poor passing

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Posted By: Huwbach
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:50pm
Poor but, obviously a sign they need game time. Can you imagine Leinster A looking like this? They should play these matches every other week. 

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 8:50pm
Pretty disappointing in a few respects. Lineout was just brutal. Went from 5m out to them scoring in just a few plays with coughing the ball up. Blowing simple 2-1s is inexcusable.

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 9:08pm
Final score anyone? 

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 9:13pm
33-10 to ospreys I think

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 9:15pm
I was really disappointed. Never walked out on a Scarlets team before. 

Posted By: gaffer
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 9:24pm
 Incompetent at the basics - jobs for the boys coaching strikes again.

-------------
What's going on?

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 9:28pm
[QUOTE=gaffer] Incompetent at the basics - jobs for the boys coaching strikes again.
[/QUOTE

Shouldn't be on the pitch if you can't handle a rugby ball. I can't blame coaches for poor handling skills.. 

Posted By: sospanman
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 9:32pm
Result was a fair reflection of the difference in quality. Whether that is player ability or coaching quality is the big question. I cannot think of a single scarlet player who stood out as likely to make the grade as a regional player.
ospreys played as a team with a plan, were more clinical in all phases. In particular, their back row was totally dominant. 
Very disappointing!

-------------
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 9:48pm
We need to take our chances. We played some decent rugby but left lots of points out there. Ospreys 7 and 8 are stand out players

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

Result was a fair reflection of the difference in quality. Whether that is player ability or coaching quality is the big question. I cannot think of a single scarlet player who stood out as likely to make the grade as a regional player.
ospreys played as a team with a plan, were more clinical in all phases. In particular, their back row was totally dominant. 
Very disappointing!
I was there tonight. It was very difficult to find anything to commend  that performance from our point of view.
Ospreys fully deserved winners.Streets ahead of us tonight.

Posted By: gaffer
Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

[QUOTE=gaffer] Incompetent at the basics - jobs for the boys coaching strikes again.
[/QUOTE

Shouldn't be on the pitch if you can't handle a rugby ball. I can't blame coaches for poor handling skills.. 

Who puts the team out? If they can't do the basics why select them in the first place?

-------------
What's going on?

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 10:19pm
I think the relative performances of the teams reflect on the sort of emphasis expected of them from the coaching staff. The young Ospreys are expected to perform in the same way as the senior team-
do the basics well -can't imagine them presenting a team with as poor a lineout as ours today
don't take unnecessary risks
when you find a weakness in the opposition, ruthlessly exploit it even if the game becomes repetitive and boring
don't pick players who miss tackles or can't pass competently / safely.
Today just one facett of the game ensured we had lost in the first 25 minutes and that we then had to take even greater risks attempting to turn things around. Last week against the Dragons we had a difficult start, but we were never so comprehensively beaten in one aspect of the game and we had a smaller gap to close. This week we had a much bigger barrier to overcome and the Ospreys were a much more professional side with a much tighter defence.
It's still early days for Peel and hopefully he'll start employing coaches and players that don't just want a few moments of flair followed by incompetent, error strewn hours.

Date Posted: 19 November 2021 at 10:20pm
We also could not penetrate their defence and we messed up a lot of line outs including 3-4 key ones on both their line and our own line. Carwyn was   prominent in carrying I thought so hope he is now growing into the 8 position but generally well beaten. Disappointing night 

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 20 November 2021 at 7:18am
Apart from our continued line out difficulties i thing our defence needs closer scrutiny,in 9 games this year so far we have averaged 28 points per game against us.

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 20 November 2021 at 8:17am
Disappointing to read this - I'm glad that I missed the message about the live stream now!

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Date Posted: 20 November 2021 at 11:08am
We were very disjointed. Positives are the young backrow looked decent in flashes. Tuipulotu a strong carrier. Iestyn Rees quick round the fringes. Looked dangerous but the Ospreys were well drilled in defence and ruthless in attack. Compounding that with our ‘rookie mistakes’ (and thats what they were) there was only one winner. 

But alas its a development game. The young lads will learn alot playing together and with a couple of pro’s mixed in its a good idea to run these sorts of games. Will benefit welsh rugby in the longer term.  

Date Posted: 20 November 2021 at 11:13am
Carwyn looked good. Biggest positive for me from the development matches was him. Lineout seems to be a big issue for us. MacRae throws similarly to Elias, as far as setting up and they both seem to pump or nearly dummy the throw, and then timing is off. Not sure if it’s coincidental but it makes me wonder how we are training the hookers within the club.

Date Posted: 20 November 2021 at 11:19am

Carwyn looked good. Biggest positive for me from the development matches was him. Lineout seems to be a big issue for us. MacRae throws similarly to Elias, as far as setting up and they both seem to pump or nearly dummy the throw, and then timing is off. Not sure if it’s coincidental but it makes me wonder how we are training the hookers within the club.
Agreed, we need to go back to basics on this. We have plenty of lifters and jumpers. I believe its a problem with throwing and that boils down to coaching. Something has to happen, its a mess. 

Date Posted: 20 November 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Agreed, we need to go back to basics on this. We have plenty of lifters and jumpers. I believe its a problem with throwing and that boils down to coaching. Something has to happen, its a mess. 

Agreed and in probably one of our most important “ shortage “ positions ie number 8 ! He is coming along nicely 

Date Posted: 20 November 2021 at 2:26pm
Carwyn carried well made a few big hits to , the ospreys back row work rate outshone ours, but i think  carwyn will be a guy who gives us big moments in a game not 80 mintues of high intensity involvement. I thought patchell was a bit dissapointing yday but it’s prob not a game he was going to get excited about

Date Posted: 20 November 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

I think the relative performances of the teams reflect on the sort of emphasis expected of them from the coaching staff. The young Ospreys are expected to perform in the same way as the senior team-
do the basics well -can't imagine them presenting a team with as poor a lineout as ours today
don't take unnecessary risks
when you find a weakness in the opposition, ruthlessly exploit it even if the game becomes repetitive and boring
don't pick players who miss tackles or can't pass competently / safely.
Today just one facett of the game ensured we had lost in the first 25 minutes and that we then had to take even greater risks attempting to turn things around. Last week against the Dragons we had a difficult start, but we were never so comprehensively beaten in one aspect of the game and we had a smaller gap to close. This week we had a much bigger barrier to overcome and the Ospreys were a much more professional side with a much tighter defence.
It's still early days for Peel and hopefully he'll start employing coaches and players that don't just want a few moments of flair followed by incompetent, error strewn hours.

Thanks Dai. Pretty much as I saw it. Ospreys pretty much gifted a 3 try lead and then the Scarlets are chasing the game from 25 mins on.
A but dismayed to see some basic 2 on 1's squandered and the dysfunctional lineout, but these are really just development games.

The Ospreys did look better organized, having said that it is so much easier when you are in cruise mode. Carwyn carried well, but his opposite number (Strong) was the best player on either side.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net