Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47433
Printed Date: 05 December 2023 at 9:53pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Scarlets U18 v Ospreys U18
Posted By: reesytheexile
Subject: Scarlets U18 v Ospreys U18
Date Posted: 29 August 2023 at 7:05pm
Tomorrow night at 7 pm on the Training pitch. Another test of the future against our local rivals. 

Replies:
Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 29 August 2023 at 8:58pm
Be good to get a team sheet ( an la our friends across the Loughor).

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 8:43am

Looking forward  to this ! 

Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 10:20am
Team is out. Sorry failed to share it.

Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 11:29am
I tried to copy but failed miserably! I assume the SFF site doesn’t accept pdf type text? 

Posted By: Llanelliman
Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 3:18pm
Televised ?
Streamed ?

-------------
Made in Seaside, Llanelli

Posted By: hoppy
Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 7:13pm

Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 7:40pm
U17s FINAL SCORE | SGÔR TERFYNOL

A competitive game against @dyffrynaman this afternoon. Diolch am y croeso!

🔴 Scarlets 19 - 10 Ysgol Dyffryn Aman ⚫️

Tries | Ceisiau
Ryan Lewis, Cai Lewis, Ioan Thomas

Conversion | Trosiad
Rhun Davies, Tomos Lewis

Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 7:43pm
Scarlets 0 Ospreys 5 not at the game score updates on Twitter 

Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 7:48pm
12-0 Ospreys 

Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 8:00pm
17-0 half time ospreys 

Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 8:57pm
Full-time at Parc Y Scarlets🏉

Scarlets 33 - 17 Ospreys

Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 9:09pm
Must have been some 2nd half by the Scarlets boys. Fair play.

Posted By: Realwest
Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 9:15pm
Good results from the age groups this year this should show when the national team is picked.

Posted By: Tony Clifton
Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 9:22pm
Well done boys, warms the heart seeing great talent emerging.

Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 9:23pm
Yes a good crowd there and even more blinking mozzies to feast on my legs! I feared for us at half time as the Ospreys were dominant in scrums. Some big strong units too . However we fought back well despite our yellow but they ended up with 13 players which we exploited. 
Very good competitive game. Surprised not to see many faces I knew but it was largely families I think . Good to see President Derek Quinnell wandering around . 

This squad looks very good and taking the Ospreys scalp was especially satisfying 😉👍

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 9:36pm
Damn, I thought this match was tomorrow. I was going to go and watch. The bank holiday has thrown my internal calendar into disarray. It caused me to miss the bin collection today too. 

Sounds like it was a cracking second half.

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 30 August 2023 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Yes a good crowd there and even more blinking mozzies to feast on my legs! I feared for us at half time as the Ospreys were dominant in scrums. Some big strong units too . However we fought back well despite our yellow but they ended up with 13 players which we exploited. 
Very good competitive game. Surprised not to see many faces I knew but it was largely families I think . Good to see President Derek Quinnell wandering around . 

This squad looks very good and taking the Ospreys scalp was especially satisfying 😉👍
Recommend bog myrtle lotion to counter the midges.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 31 August 2023 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Recommend bog myrtle lotion to counter the midges.
Ha ha - thanks Steve! Thankfully the local mozzies are not as bad as your French ones but everyone was scratching tonight and a lot of Scarlets and Ospreys blood being exchanged by these blighters - and you never know,being blood brothers may help with a future merger 😉😱

Posted By: scarletpimp
Date Posted: 31 August 2023 at 12:06am

Thanks for that Reesy. I was'nt able to nake the game, but delighted  to hear the result . Any particular names that stood out ?

-------------
I stood yer on tanner bank

Date Posted: 31 August 2023 at 12:19am

U18s complete stunning comeback to continue winning ways

Scarlets U18s produced a stunning second-half comeback to beat Ospreys 33-17 and complete their series of summer friendlies unbeaten.

After trailing 17-0 at the interval in front of a big crowd at the Parc y Scarlets training field, the home side ran in five unanswered tries to romp to victory, adding the Ospreys to the scalps of Saracens, Dragons and Cardiff over the last few weeks.

Whatever was said in the half-time huddle certainly worked as Scarlets looked a different outfit to the one that had been second best for the majority of the opening period.

The home side had started brightly enough, but failed to take advantage of early pressure and it was the Ospreys who took a grip on the game, making the most of a home sin-binning to cross for tries through wing Evan Morris, impressive full-back Lewis Edwards and prop Dylan James.

The second half, though, was very much a different story.

With replacement back-rower Keanu Evans providing the spark up front and pacy substitute Callum Woolley the cutting edge behind, Scarlets began to carve out chances and the comeback was started when replacement centre Owen Griffith crossed 13 minutes after the restart.

Keanu Evans powered over from a close-range line-out drive for his side’s second – converted by fly-half Steffan Jac Jones – and from then on, the final 10 minutes were dominated by the home team.

The Ospreys were guilty of giving away a string of penalties and losing a player to the sin bin in the closing exchanges and the pressure that followed led to wing Alfie Rodda-Lodder diving over in the corner with five minutes remaining. Jones held his nerve to nail a brilliant touchline conversion to put his side ahead for the first time.

It got better quickly with two more tries scored in the final three minutes from wing Iori Badham and full-back Elis Payne, who finished off a superbly-executed move close to the Ospreys line.

Jones converted both to complete a remarkable turnaround for the West Walians.

Scarlets U18s – Tries: O. Griffith, K. Evans, A. Rodda-Lodder, I. Badham, E. Payne. Cons: S. Jones (4)

Ospreys U18s – Tries: E. Morris, L. Edwards, D. James. Con: E. Jones

Date Posted: 31 August 2023 at 11:29am
Great to have enough cool-heads and composure to score those 3 late tries. The results have been a lovely boost to the summer.

-------------

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 31 August 2023 at 11:46am
Great summer for the boys hopefully some will mature though the academy and play for senior team.
Is there any coverage at all of the games. 

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Date Posted: 31 August 2023 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Great summer for the boys hopefully some will mature though the academy and play for senior team.
nothing there last night. We have played all the regions now I think and won them all. 

Posted By: lofty evans
Date Posted: 31 August 2023 at 1:40pm
Excellent made me smile this morning 

-------------
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 31 August 2023 at 3:36pm

nothing there last night. We have played all the regions now I think and won them all. 
I think that these are ‘friendlies’. S4C usually stream the U18s colleges league and U18 RAG league when it starts in January. 

Posted By: scarletabroad
Date Posted: 31 August 2023 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

nothing there last night. We have played all the regions now except RGC I think and won them all. 
I think that these are ‘friendlies’. S4C usually stream the U18s colleges league and U18 RAG league when it starts in January. 

100% win including Saracen’s. Good squad and coaching has changed hugely with Scott Sneddon being very hands on. There are some injuries and boys on holidays who will enhance the squad by the time the RAG starts. No TV coverage as these are pre season matches but College rugby is every Wednesday when season starts and then January for RAG season last year one game before Christmas

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 02 September 2023 at 4:03pm

Yes a good crowd there and even more blinking mozzies ...

Haha! Just catching up with this thread from France following a 17h journey yesterday... brain not in top shape after that...

When I read your opening, in my befuddled state I thought for a second that 'mozzies' was a new slang word for Os supporters, until I read that they 'feasted on (your) legs', when visions of Cannibal Holocaust started... then I woke up and caught on.

Now to sort out the TV before the RWC starts... blasted broadcasters have stopped sending a SD signal so will have to invest in a new HD decoder...

Good wins by the youngsters - again.Smile

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Date Posted: 04 September 2023 at 11:47am

After a pretty poor  first half  ,aside of the first 10 minutes. What  a fantastic second  👏  by this excellent group of players . The substitutions certainly made a massive impact!

Some things to take from our nosy neighbours from across the bridge .
   1, Black shirts ,no team emblem .
   2, Ospreys players and coaches very chirpy , for the first 50 minutes.  
   3, Very quiet for the last Quarter has Scarlets run in there tries . 
   4, Great to see one of the Scarlets outstanding youngsters ribbing the Ospreys  coaches , when the tries were getting run in .

Date Posted: 04 September 2023 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

After a pretty poor  first half  ,aside of the first 10 minutes. What  a fantastic second  👏  by this excellent group of players . The substitutions certainly made a massive impact!

Some things to take from our nosy neighbours from across the bridge .
   1, Black shirts ,no team emblem .
   2, Ospreys players and coaches very chirpy , for the first 50 minutes.  
   3, Very quiet for the last Quarter has Scarlets run in there tries . 
   4, Great to see one of the Scarlets outstanding youngsters ribbing the Ospreys  coaches , when the tries were getting run in .
. The big guy coaching was particularly gobby but as you say he went all shy in the last quarter! 😂

Date Posted: 04 September 2023 at 2:44pm

I think you meant Bradley Davies ?  Paul James also , in fairness James Hook was well behaved .

Posted By: Gate12
Date Posted: 04 September 2023 at 3:47pm
The Ospreys defended very well first half and their 12/13/15 were effective playing a pretty direct game and they even blew a few chances in building their lead, not sure whether it was the Scarlets or Ospreys changes at ht (or a bit of both) that made the difference but they really struggled with the Scarlets footwork and fitness second half.

Off the bench Callum Wollie looked sharp and hungry and Keanu Evans was very good.

Not sure if the ref has a word with 1 or 2 of the Ospreys players but first half some of the verbals were a bit excessive, I haven't got any issue with a little bit of confidence but one of their players was pretty much doing a commentary job on how the Scarlets were going to mess everything up, not of fan and refs need to stamp it out.

Date Posted: 04 September 2023 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

The Ospreys defended very well first half and their 12/13/15 were effective playing a pretty direct game and they even blew a few chances in building their lead, not sure whether it was the Scarlets or Ospreys changes at ht (or a bit of both) that made the difference but they really struggled with the Scarlets footwork and fitness second half.

Off the bench Callum Wollie looked sharp and hungry and Keanu Evans was very good.

Not sure if the ref has a word with 1 or 2 of the Ospreys players but first half some of the verbals were a bit excessive, I haven't got any issue with a little bit of confidence but one of their players was pretty much doing a commentary job on how the Scarlets were going to mess everything up, not of fan and refs need to stamp it out.
The level of noise and cheering and backslapping was pretty high as well from both sides ( even unenforced errors)but more so the Osprey boys I felt . It’s becoming a habit likely to stick unless refs apply some sensible damper on it all

Date Posted: 04 September 2023 at 4:22pm
Any sort of whooping and churlish outbursts at an opposition knock on or some such shall forthwith be known as an ‘ Itoje’.

Date Posted: 04 September 2023 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Any sort of whooping and churlish outbursts at an opposition knock on or some such shall forthwith be known as an ‘ Itoje’.
Or Marrow

-------------

Posted By: townboy
Date Posted: 06 September 2023 at 10:22pm

Good summary we were poor first half and the Ospreys would be disappointed they weren't further ahead,their 15 was very good..2nd half a total turn around we looked a different team with the bench making an impact...Looking forward to more games after Xmas

Posted By: lofty evans
Date Posted: 10 September 2023 at 8:17am

The level of noise and cheering and backslapping was pretty high as well from both sides ( even unenforced errors)but more so the Osprey boys I felt . It’s becoming a habit likely to stick unless refs apply some sensible damper on it all

It's bred into all Ospreys to be choppsy its in their dna.

-------------
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net