Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quarter Final Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 1:07pm

Edited by mad scarlet - 13 March 2017 at 1:09pm
Sponsored Links

mad scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

I just think the Anglo/welsh and B&I cup is an utter mess that is unfathomable to most supporters and doesn`t attract anyone but the most dedicated. Better off having one competition, marketing it well and concentrating TV money/coverage and sponsorship. 
[/QUOTE]

Agree, can't see the point of the current two competitions.    
[/QUOTE]

Spot on 👍
pêl rygbi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pêl rygbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by mad scarlet mad scarlet wrote:

Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

I just think the Anglo/welsh and B&I cup is an utter mess that is unfathomable to most supporters and doesn`t attract anyone but the most dedicated. Better off having one competition, marketing it well and concentrating TV money/coverage and sponsorship. 

Agree, can't see the point of the current two competitions.    
[/QUOTE]

Spot on 👍[/QUOTE]

It seems the tone has changed over the last two years - everyone had an opinion how it should be run but there was an overwhelming majority saying it was a good development pathway.  That result was extremely discouraging but sometimes these things happen. A different day a different result. Even though performance was poor on the day,  remember it’s it also an opportunity for players in the premiership to play representative rugby.

Rugby Supporter
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 2:39pm
Can someone point out to me the 8 regular scarlets players
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Can someone point out to me the 8 regular scarlets players

15, 14, 12, 1, 3, 6 and 8  is pushing it a bit and adds up to 7........ 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 4:45pm
We were very depleted.  Most of those having any sort of game time against Leinster and Munster were given a well deserved rest. Those players involved in the Welsh and Scottish squads were likewise unavailable as were the 4 involved with the U20 squads and Patch and Bulbring recovering from injuries. However even allowing for these omissions this was a pathetic effort and a shameful result. Earlier in the season I had watched Scarlets "Reserves" beat Bath and Scarlets A beat Leinster A well in hard fought matches.
Fortunately I didn't see this match, and I haven't yet heard any convincing explanation of how we managed to lose and concede 84 points. There must have been players who weren't trying and unless they can prove otherwise in the remainder of the season we can only hope that their contracts are up for renewal and that we have seen the last of them, as they were either not playing for Scarlets or are useless and don't deserve to stay. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

We were very depleted.  Most of those having any sort of game time against Leinster and Munster were given a well deserved rest. Those players involved in the Welsh and Scottish squads were likewise unavailable as were the 4 involved with the U20 squads and Patch and Bulbring recovering from injuries. However even allowing for these omissions this was a pathetic effort and a shameful result. Earlier in the season I had watched Scarlets "Reserves" beat Bath and Scarlets A beat Leinster A well in hard fought matches.
Fortunately I didn't see this match, and I haven't yet heard any convincing explanation of how we managed to lose and concede 84 points. There must have been players who weren't trying and unless they can prove otherwise in the remainder of the season we can only hope that their contracts are up for renewal and that we have seen the last of them, as they were either not playing for Scarlets or are useless and don't deserve to stay. 

According to Morgan Allen (captain) in today's WM, "... the boys need to take a long hard look at themselves... there's no excuse... it was a lack of effort, and effort doesn't take skill". Allen clearly not impressed with the attitude of some players, then.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 5:23pm
Some of the defence was as bad as I have ever seen. Maybe they were updating their Facebook statuses before the game had ended !! It was a long trip for that outcome.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 5:44pm
Watching Wales' defence on Friday and then ours on the Saturday - you couldn't get much more opposite!

Edited by PritchyTheScarlet - 13 March 2017 at 5:44pm
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 6:39pm
For those not at the game... 

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 7:01pm
Just watched that. 

Can we please end this and go back to Llanelli Rugby Football Club please?

I have very little affiliation with this plastic entity anymore.

Sorry, but its true.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 7:10pm
From those "highlights" I would guess that some of them had been out on the p*ss Friday night celebrating Wales' victory.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 7:16pm
Wow. How many basic missed tackles was that?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 8:06pm
Oh Dear. ☹️
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 10:24pm
Managed 2 mins what a pile of utter cach! Hope they feel it.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 10:43pm
They missed our try out! LOL
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic