Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Carmarthen Quins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quins Team v Plymouth Albion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quins Team v Plymouth Albion
    Posted: 04 December 2014 at 9:48pm

Quins v Plymouth Albion

By Colin Clarke | 04/12/2014

After a tough lesson in Leinster last weekend the Quins will be looking to redeem themselves this Saturday away to Plymouth Albion. The last fixture between the sides in October resulted in a 29-16 win for the Quins.

The Squad:

Evans steffan

williams jordan

Evans iolo

Hughes steffan (c)

phillips kristian

Lewis josh

Hardy kieran

Jones Wyn

elias ryan

Adriaanse Jacobie

day phil

jones shaun

mccusker rob

boyde will

phillips tom

REPLACEMENTS

robinson gethin(fr)

Myhill torin (fr)

leung ben(fr)

osborn roy

evans kyle

jones dan

warren adam

Sponsored Links

Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 9:54pm
So no KP for Ulster game, expecting Tagi and Harry on the wings
And We Were Singing...
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 10:10pm
Very handy looking side that.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 10:21pm
Good looking side that.

Does this mean it'll be A Shingler, Cubby and Pitman to start Saturday? Who's our other backrow cover with Rob here and Barclay injured?
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 10:25pm
Barclay is fit I think
And We Were Singing...
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 10:42pm
Sion Bennett is also in the RCC squad, but I doubt that he's overtaken McCusker in the eyes of Pivac.
Yes that's a very good squad if it can blend together.
If Adam Warren is fit how does Iolo Evans get to start in front of him?
Iolo has the power to do some crash ball damage, but he's got to catch the ball first.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 12:05am
Can anyone confirm if Rob is recovering from an injury?

If he has been dropped then it is very disrespectful IMO as he is a very good player and he put his own career on the line when he agreed to step up to guide the Scarlets for almost 2 season as a number 8 when everyone knows that flanker is his position. Before being transferred to number 8 he had a cracking few season at flanker and he was on tour with Wales i beleive. I hope he hasnt been mistreated .

I know that coaches see it differently but Rob is a good player and i would much rather him be playing in Belfast
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 6:04am
i have a feeling that rob isnt fitting into pivac mould by the looks.it seems he is getting game time for the feeder sides now more than the scarlets.maybe if pivac was here earlier, he would have been able to keep josh :(
roddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 7:30am
I think Rawlings might be on the bench out in Belfast.

Very strong quins side mind...shows we are starting to build a little depth in our squad,.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 10:07am
In all but name it's a Scarlets A side - as it should be. What are the arguments against calling it what it is?

Edited by Ffidel Bennett - 05 December 2014 at 10:14am
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

In all but name it's a Scarlets A side - as it should be. What are the arguments against calling it what it is?

None, it just should have been called that from the start and we shouldn't have had the qualifying rounds to decide what team played in it.

From next season on, lets just call it scarlets a and everyone knows where they stand
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 10:53am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

None, it just should have been called that from the start and we shouldn't have had the qualifying rounds to decide what team played in it.

From next season on, lets just call it scarlets a and everyone knows where they stand

"Ironically, as a result of the delay in making this decision, the WRU were unable to change the club and the Carmarthen Quins remains as the named team in the competition and plays in its own kit with the 3 home venues shared and players from the 3 clubs making up the squad."

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 10:56am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">"Ironically, as a result of the delay in making this decision, the WRU were unable to change the club and the Carmarthen Quins remains as the named team in the competition and plays in its own kit with the 3 home venues shared and players from the 3 clubs making up the squad."</span><br style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/british-and-irish-cup_topic40249.html
</span>

I know that and I blame the WRU as well, just saying from next year on.

Let's get it sorted no more confusion
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

i have a feeling that rob isnt fitting into pivac mould by the looks.it seems he is getting game time for the feeder sides now more than the scarlets.maybe if pivac was here earlier, he would have been able to keep josh :(
I agree.He seems to like the more mobile/agile 6 like Shingler and whilst I thought it may also be in part due to injury recovery I think that after all this time, its clear that Rob is not in Wayne's eyes, the player he wants in the first 15 or perhaps the squad even, which is a huge fall from grace for someone who was nailed in by Easters at 6 (apart from his great service as an 8 fill in) and club captain. Although I never understood why Rob was captain to be honest. Indeed we may not have lost Josh too and who would fit Pivac's style a lot more. Pity.

In the meanwhile Adam Warren's decline seems to continue under this coach as it did under Easters-such huge promise up to when he got that Wales cap. I assume he is not performing in training? Ditto Jordon although his star has not waned as much as Adams. I hope both these young talents can pick up and kick on but, although it is a professional game I do feel particularly sorry for Rob.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 11:33am
I thought Rob McCusker had a good game against the Blues in the lv match and showed signs of regaining form and more importantly the desire to regain some "edge" to his play. Maybe Pivac prefers Rawlins as a sub as a further lineout option if Shingler Mawr is injured.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 11:36am
Gog paying the price for injuries and his time at 8, feel sorry for the guy.

Warren needs a change of scenery he would be a 1st teamer at the drags , possibly the blues.

I like that back 3, plenty of pace should do well
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic