Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recap of last night’s meeting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recap of last night’s meeting
    Posted: 09 March 2006 at 12:10pm

Next step is to write a letter to SG (cc: HE, JM, GJ and RG). Bob volunteered to do this and to invite comments from the rest of the group. Only suggestion is that we emphasise a 'what can we do for the club' message rather than a 'we're doing this because we're not happy with things' line. I would also offer to meet SG (or rep) as a group if he has any questions.

The open meeting will be an evening during the week commencing Monday 10 April. Barrie is going to ask Phil Bennett if he'd mind chairing the meeting - whichever date that week is best for Phil, we'll go with.

Then we contact Joanna Masters/staff requesting programme space in the Munster & Ospreys programme, availability of Tetleys Suite for open meeting and whether they'd carry out a mailing to members for us or whether they'd need to be paid. If they do, we need to think about getting a company to pay it for a reference/thanks in the letter.

Sponsored Links

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 5:06pm
 Tidy, Mike.  I'm meeting Phil tomorrow. I took the liberty also of phoning Jacqui Forster of Supporters Direct. She's available that week to attend the Open Meeting. 
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 7:09pm
Good stuff, Barrie.
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 7:30pm

I spoke to a guy on Saturday in the Stadium who is a big Scarlets fan and is a partner in a soliciters.

His name is Chris Symons and the firm is Jennings Soliciters.

The other soliciter we could use is Steve Donoghue, not sure if he's a fan or not though.

I had to asked my dad today as he knows them both, and I couldn't remember the name of the guy I met on Saturday. Even though I keep getting reintroduce to them several times a year.

When bob does his letter (better check my email) I could use it to forward on to them and see if I get a response.

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 10:20pm
Just a thought boys. Last night, we were wondering if anyone knew whether there were any solicitors/ acountants who were forum members. Perhaps we could try to find out by adding a section, similar to the 'Hello New Members', under the guise of a 'survey' where contributors would list their background and profession. (I don't know how much of a response we'd get, but in my experience, most people are quite proud of what they do for a living.)  possibly with a caveat whereby their username could remain 'hidden' on request. This would enable you to effectively 'vet' possible new members for particular talents, and also gauge their opinions by the tone / content of their other posts.

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 10:37pm
Good recap and good work Barry.

Maybe we need to 're-advertise' for volunteers again, but as you suggest Dorian, aimed at people with some nous.

Got a good response from Phil Cooper tonight. Had a long chat about what we're trying to set up, and he's going to digest the links to Supporters Direct I gave him.
He has vast experience in the sort of thing we're trying to do, and is Scarlet to the core.

http://www.venturewales.com/

http://www.venturewales.com/Website/default.asp?lang=eng& ;sid=1&mid=4&pid=14

Edited by ursamajor
Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 2:33am
Attached is my draft letter to SG [I worked out how to attach a document doh...]
2006-03-10_023155_initial_letter_to_SG.doc
Please feel free to suggest changes.
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

Attached is my draft letter to SG [I worked out how to attach a document doh...]

Excellent Bob.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:41am

I've got us another volunteer. He is Ian Lewis, a Lloyds Bank employee for 27 years (now sadly a victim of moving everyting to India). He's level headed, sensible and doesn't go much for rumours and gossip. He is on the forum but doesn't post much.

He's a Scarlets through and through and would be a good member to have on board.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:48am

Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

That's a great letter Bob. I agree that there should be a link to Supporters Direct so that someone can point him in the direction of a mouse and he can access it himself.

As for examples of achievements, Phil said that the Cardiff Trust "funded" the white seats (that spell BLUES) in the stand and acquired a projector and screen for one of the rooms in the clubhouse. I think that things like that speak volumes in a positive way to what can be achieved.

Of course, if SG reads this forum then he can access the letter himself!!

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 9:35am
 I spoke to Phil B. this morning. He's considering the idea.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 1:13pm

Excellent letter - need to add that we'd be happy to meet SG or whoever if he feels necessary.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Excellent letter - need to add that we'd be happy to meet SG or whoever if he feels necessary.

If anyone does meet, it shouldn't be on a one to one basis. Not that I don't trust him but everything that is said by the club (and us, really) needs to be witnessed.

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

If anyone does meet, it shouldn't be on a one to one basis. Not that I don't trust him but everything that is said by the club (and us, really) needs to be witnessed.

Yep - I agree.

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:06pm
 Agree with that. Good one Bob, btw.
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:31pm

Very good letter Bob. Agree with Mike regarding more than one  to be present at any meeting.

One possible addition could be a positive statement of what we DONT want to do, e.g. It is not our intention to oppose* / subvert* / undermine* the club officials, or management structure, rather, to help* / support* / assist* in any way we can. Working in conjunction with, not opposed to the club's officials. 

(* Delete as required.)

Secondly, possibly refer to examples of where supporters' trusts are working well at other clubs.

Thoughts?

Edited by SCARLETROVER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic