Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Remaining fixtures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remaining fixtures.
    Posted: 08 February 2021 at 5:24pm
I am trying to establish our remaining fixtures compared to the Blues who we are competing for the final European slot?
Can anyone help please?
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

Jones2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

I am trying to establish our remaining fixtures compared to the Blues who we are competing for the final European slot?
Can anyone help please?
Exactly the same teams - which are all the other teams in the conference (but not each other as we’ve already played each other twice). The home or aways could be different but pretty much a straight head to head for the third place.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2021 at 5:37pm
Pro 14 website
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 12:50am
According to Pro14 website:

We have Munster A, Connacht H.  Round 15.

Blues have Edinburgh H, Benneton A.  Round 16.

Round 17 TBA, whatever games they are.

And we're a point behind the Blues in 3rd place.  Not looking good.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 8:58am
our remaining games are

Dragons are playing Edinburgh this weekend in 1 of their games in hand.
Round 12 - Scarlets vs Benetton , Edinburgh vs Munster, Connacht vs Blues
Round 13 - Edinburgh vs Scarlets, Blues vs Munster, Benetton vs Connacht
Round 14 - Scarlets vs Blues was brought forward and already played, Munster vs Connacht and Edinburgh vs Benetton are being played this weekend
Round 15 - Munster vs Scarlets, Connacht vs Edinburgh, Benetton vs Blues
Round 16 - Scarlets vs Connacht and Blues vs Edinburgh

Going off these fixtures id imagine Connacht will be runaway in 2nd position and that is out of it, I think Blues will lose their next 2 matches against Connacht and Munster with losing BP and win their remaining 2 matches which will leave them on 36 points

Im being optimistic here and this is probably best case scenario from our point of view but a bonus point win vs Treviso, a win in Edinburgh, losing BP in Munster and win v Connacht will give us another 14 points which will leave us on 39 points

Edinburgh i can see finishing in 6th based on their run in , hopefully Drags can actually do us a favour this weekend, the key game there really is us winning in murrayfield . If we can manage that hopefully it will leave us in a good position. we should beat Benetton home and then the last round of fixtures is a biggy with Blues home to Edinburgh and us home to Connacht
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 9:06am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

our remaining games are

Dragons are playing Edinburgh this weekend in 1 of their games in hand.
Round 12 - Scarlets vs Benetton , Edinburgh vs Munster, Connacht vs Blues
Round 13 - Edinburgh vs Scarlets, Blues vs Munster, Benetton vs Connacht
Round 14 - Scarlets vs Blues was brought forward and already played, Munster vs Connacht and Edinburgh vs Benetton are being played this weekend
Round 15 - Munster vs Scarlets, Connacht vs Edinburgh, Benetton vs Blues
Round 16 - Scarlets vs Connacht and Blues vs Edinburgh

Going off these fixtures id imagine Connacht will be runaway in 2nd position and that is out of it, I think Blues will lose their next 2 matches against Connacht and Munster with losing BP and win their remaining 2 matches which will leave them on 36 points

Im being optimistic here and this is probably best case scenario from our point of view but a bonus point win vs Treviso, a win in Edinburgh, losing BP in Munster and win v Connacht will give us another 14 points which will leave us on 39 points.

I agree 2nd place has gone. We are in a real dogfight for 3rd with both the Blues and Edinburgh for me. I had us down as getting to 37 points with a LBP against Leinster!!!!! & a 5 pointer against Benetton. I think a win in Edinburgh is currently beyond us. 

Edinburgh i can see finishing in 6th based on their run in , hopefully Drags can actually do us a favour this weekend, the key game there really is us winning in murrayfield . If we can manage that hopefully it will leave us in a good position. we should beat Benetton home and then the last round of fixtures is a biggy with Blues home to Edinburgh and us home to Connacht
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 2:10pm
State of play in my opinion:-

Edited by minded - 09 February 2021 at 2:13pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 2:32pm
Great summary.

I think we literally have to throw the kitchen sink at Benetton for a bp. Couldn’t care less if we win by a point ( bois bach) so long as we get 5 pts. They are badly depleted, but we know we don’t always turn up when facing those sorts of games.

Bottom line though, the 8 point swing losing home to the Blues could well haunt us.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 3:03pm
I think i'm right in saying that if they conduct next years Heineken pools in the same way they were meant to be this season (think I read Simon Thomas saying this was to be the case but everything can change) then we'll be ok finishing 4th in the conference. 3rd would ease the worry entirely.

Edinburgh away will be crucial for us too, a win up there would put daylight between us and guarantee 4th early.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

I think i'm right in saying that if they conduct next years Heineken pools in the same way they were meant to be this season (think I read Simon Thomas saying this was to be the case but everything can change) then we'll be ok finishing 4th in the conference. 3rd would ease the worry entirely.

Edinburgh away will be crucial for us too, a win up there would put daylight between us and guarantee 4th early.

I think Edinburgh cant afford to lose anymore games if they want to finish 4th, so their run in should be to much for them i hope anyway, although its highly likely that the tournaments will be run the same next season until its officially announced we cant relax , they havent even announced whats happening with this seasons champions cup yet so i cant see them announcing anything about next season until closer to next season
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 5:27pm
Don’t the winners get automatic place 😀
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 6:32pm
How many of those games clash with 6N, where our union’s player release policies put us at a disadvantage?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 8:43pm
Luckily for us the Edinburgh game does clash with the 6 nations so they shouldn't have many internationals back . 3 of our remaining 4 games clash altogether
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Luckily for us the Edinburgh game does clash with the 6 nations so they shouldn't have many internationals back . 3 of our remaining 4 games clash altogether
Thanks.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Great summary.

I think we literally have to throw the kitchen sink at Benetton for a bp. Couldn’t care less if we win by a point ( bois bach) so long as we get 5 pts. They are badly depleted, but we know we don’t always turn up when facing those sorts of games.

Bottom line though, the 8 point swing losing home to the Blues could well haunt us.
We're not out of it and the other teams in contention are also  playing each other but as you say our poor performance against the Blues , particularly the Home game might well count against us
saundersfoot scarlets
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2021 at 9:26pm
After today, we have a 4 point lead over the Blues with 3 games left.  Edinburgh seem too far back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic