Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Review of 6N commentators and pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 3:02pm
Im not sure that bbc or itv care about who the viewers prefer or who is the best at their particular job, as long as they tick their boxes they carry on regardless in their own bubble.

I enjoy most of them in their own particular way, though Butler is the main man as the anchor, hes class. I think the idea that he occasionally seems pleasantly muddled is all part of his charm. Hes well prepared buts hes not scripted hes got a laid back style that allows him to improvise and banter....shave away gavin shave away lol
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 7:45pm
Add Benjamin Kayser to the list of excellence in front of the camera.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 8:19pm
Prefer bbc and the blatant bias. Colours on their sleeves is fine for me as long as the panel is balanced one home and away and a neutral. Cannot stand itv and their constant talking over the entire game with the same sound bites ‘sextons grey hair’, ‘englands 10/12 axis’ ...bore off
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 8:51pm
Just think if they’d got Woodward, Dallaglio etc on tonight. How long could they have avoided talking about England# fabulous fifth place. Wink
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Just think if they’d got Woodward, Dallaglio etc on tonight. How long could they have avoided talking about England# fabulous fifth place. Wink

I just want LOL to stop whiggling his leg up and down all the time like a nervous twitch - why hasn’t PR told the bloke to stop 😂
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 6:32am

LOLLOLLOL

Dallaglio annoyed me (again, I mean... he often does it) when v Ireland he accused the ref of awarding a penalty as a 'box-ticking exercise' - what is that supposed to mean?

The Irish commentator (not sure who it was) mildly responded that the ref was simply applying the laws. Perfect put-down!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 7:13am
Agree about Benjamin Kayser. A true breath of fresh air in a now stale environment.  
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 7:28am
i think andrew cotter brings a level of excitement to his commentary.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 7:38am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Dallaglio annoyed me (again, I mean... he often does it) when v Ireland he accused the ref of awarding a penalty as a 'box-ticking exercise' - what is that supposed to mean?

The Irish commentator (not sure who it was) mildly responded that the ref was simply applying the laws. Perfect put-down!
LOL shame it doesn’t happen more often. The classy put down was by Geordan Murphy.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 7:39am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Famous also for videos with his black and white labradors, Olive and Mabel. Worth a look.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 8:26am
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Agree about Benjamin Kayser. A true breath of fresh air in a now stale environment.  

He was really good. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 10:07am

Famous also for videos with his black and white labradors, Olive and Mabel. Worth a look.

He is very good much better than Butler who is too far up himself. 
The books and videos with cotter and his dogs are excellent. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Not read his book on the dogs, yet. It’s on a present list.
His wit and humour come over at the right level and timing.
dyniol53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 12:14pm
It’s sad to say but the “old guard” who are somewhat a part of the six nations: Jiffy, Andy Nichol, Butler, Moore and Guscott aren’t as insightful as the new players coming through.

The likes of Warburton, Hartley and to a less extent BOD and Monye (tho he is v annoying) offer far better insight but perhaps less entertaining that the older folks.

The whole ITV lot are useless, Woodward, Dalaligo and Wilkinson are literally just there to make the English nostalgic. 

Alfie and Scott Q are part of the blue smarties brigade - good as hype men, but don’t let them near punditry. 

The Sky Sports bunch of Greenwood, Stuart Barnes and Alex Payne are quite smug.

If CVC change up one thing hopefully it’s to transition out some of the English old brigade and start using these more recently retired insightful guys.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I do enjoy Eddie and Pit Bull as complimentary characters and with Jiffy then as pundit ( not sure he gets the hi brow stuff mind 🤔😉)

Edited by reesytheexile - 27 March 2021 at 1:03pm
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

He’s more bias than the premier sports Irish commentators. Where’s he from he’s got a very unusual accent. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic