Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Run-in (turned scrum-half assessment)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2022 at 8:23pm
Still a huge ask to make top 8 and the current chance they give us, 38%, is reasonable.
It's just nice to have something to aim for.
Well 2 things, top Welsh and top 8
We're still still here!
Sponsored Links

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 11:18am
Top of Welsh Shield, Champions Cup qualification and Top 8 - id be more than happy with that given this stop start season. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 9:30am
It remains a huge ask to get top 8 but we are in with a fighting chance. 7 games to go a few ago I noted 35 points up for grabs. 3 matches in 15 banked. We must look to do what most other teams in this league have done over the next two weeks and secure another 10 points which will then make it very tasty. All the sides above us have played one more game which will be next weeks game against Dragons - win that with bonus point & the table will after 15 games look like :-

4th Munster 47 points
5th Stormers 47 points
6th Sharks 46 points
7th Edinburgh 44 points
8th Bulls 43 points
9th Scarlets 42 points. 

Sharks & Stormers face Leinster at home with Sharks having Ulster away & of course Stormers face us at PYS. Munster face a tough run in - Ulster & Leinster away with Cardiff home.

I have factored in my guesstimates with us getting 5, 5, 4, 4 points from our remaining fixtures & my prediction is :-

4th Bulls 56 points
5th Scarlets 55 points
6th Munster 54 points
7th Edinburgh 54 points
8th Sharks 53 points. 

Wouldn't it be an amazing finale at PYS if we managed to get 5 points away to Ospreys & knowing that a final 5 pointer at home to the Stormers would get us 4th & a home quarter final. We can but dream bois bach. Wink
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 11:54am
No derby slip ups now and our destiny should be in our own hands for a playoff place come the Stormers game.

Run-In2022
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 1:06pm
Nice to have a bit of momentum. Two bonus point wins against a terrible Dragons team isn’t out of the question. I don’t think we’ll beat the Ospreys.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Nice to have a bit of momentum. Two bonus point wins against a terrible Dragons team isn’t out of the question. I don’t think we’ll beat the Ospreys.
Quite possibly we could beat the Stormers last game though. The SA teams haven't travelled well so far.

But 8th is still a very tall order I think. 
We're still still here!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Quite possibly we could beat the Stormers last game though. The SA teams haven't travelled well so far.

But 8th is still a very tall order I think. 

It’s that ironic time of the season when we want teams we usually love seeing lose to win their games. 😂
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 2:22pm

If you watched the Dragons last night you would not have called them terrible.  They have been aggressive in defence all season and their pack has a top Welsh international 2nd row and the back row as good as any of the Regions.
They have been close in many of their games but LIKE US have had a number of thumpings this season.  They are a  tight knit group and won't have any fear coming to the Parc to test our very leaky defence.
Keep the faith
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 3:07pm
Two good wins can ramp up confidence and belief.  When the Scarlets tick its like winding up an old faithful clock, you look forward to the half hour chimes and the hour bells. Stuff digital...the only thing stopping the side marching towards the end of the season is the man with the wind up key....exciting at last.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
alec_d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alec_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

[QUOTE=SA14]Nice to have a bit of momentum. Two bonus point wins against a terrible Dragons team isn’t out of the question. I don’t think we’ll beat the Ospreys.

If you watched the Dragons last night you would not have called them terrible.  They have been aggressive in defence all season and their pack has a top Welsh international 2nd row and the back row as good as any of the Regions.
They have been close in many of their games but LIKE US have had a number of thumpings this season.  They are a  tight knit group and won't have any fear coming to the Parc to test our very leaky defence.
[/QUOTE. 
Agree the dragons won't be easy,but from what I saw ,I don't think it was a full strength Gloucester team at all, dragons really struggled with driving lineouts, hopefully we'll have blade and lezana available,can't see Wyn Jones being fit unfortunately 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by alec_d alec_d wrote:

[QUOTE=SA14]Nice to have a bit of momentum. Two bonus point wins against a terrible Dragons team isn’t out of the question. I don’t think we’ll beat the Ospreys.

[/QUOTE. 
Agree the dragons won't be easy,but from what I saw ,I don't think it was a full strength Gloucester team at all, dragons really struggled with driving lineouts, hopefully we'll have blade and lezana available,can't see Wyn Jones being fit unfortunately 

If we can dominate them at scrum time and with our driving maul then that should go some way to nullifying their back row. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by alec_d alec_d wrote:

[/QUOTE. 
Hope so. Unfortunately a number of people I know have had Covid recently and been quite poorly. 
We're still still here!
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 3:49pm
I think Edinburgh could win their last three matches. I’ll take it one game at a time a decent run of games and performances will bode well into next years campaign. 
Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 4:24pm
Blade has been playing well recently, but Shingler made a huge difference yesterday and choosing between them will give Peel a real dilemma of the sort he won't mind at all. I'd start with Shingler and have Blade on the bench, when both are available. Not keen on Shingler in the second row from the start.
Last night the Dragons' rush defence stopped Gloucester from any fluent multi-phase attacks until late on. In the past we have also found this very disruptive and hopefully we will be planning and practising to overcome it in the week ahead.

Edited by Dai Guevara - 10 April 2022 at 4:42pm
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I think Edinburgh could win their last three matches. I’ll take it one game at a time a decent run of games and performances will bode well into next years campaign. 
Yes, that's how I feel about our remaining games. For many reasons, not least Covid, we never really got to build on the successful team that Pivac brought us, but hopefully we can put all that behind us and a good run in will give us some optimism for next season. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 6:35pm

The knives be out just as quick as the praises if the Dragons beat us. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic