Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SA games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SA games
    Posted: 13 November 2022 at 6:18am
Remembering back to the last trips to SA, we didn't name a traveling squad ( when other regions did). I wasn't absolutely sure about that point at the time, but on reflection it probably makes sense. Hope we do.

Squad travels on the 20th.

First match at the DHL Stadium in Capetown on Friday 25th versus the Stormers, the second on Sunday 4th December afternoon at Emirates Airline park ( formerly Ellis Park stadium) in Joburg against the (much improved) Lions.

The Stormers have some 14 guys in Europe with the Boks and South Africa 'A' this month...the guys with the 'A' team ( 5 I think) are back in SA for our game, at least in theory.

Capetown is a super spot to play/host rugby. Climate is nice this time of year too.
Planning to go with a chum (subject to the current strikes by all SA Govt workers being sorted, and Immigration and Border control operating.

Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Remembering back to the last trips to SA, we didn't name a traveling squad ( when other regions did). I wasn't absolutely sure about that point at the time, but on reflection it probably makes sense. Hope we do.

Squad travels on the 20th.

First match at the DHL Stadium in Capetown on Friday 25th versus the Stormers, the second on Sunday 4th December afternoon at Emirates Airline park ( formerly Ellis Park stadium) in Joburg against the (much improved) Lions.

The Stormers have some 14 guys in Europe with the Boks and South Africa 'A' this month...the guys with the 'A' team ( 5 I think) are back in SA for our game, at least in theory.

Capetown is a super spot to play/host rugby. Climate is nice this time of year too.
Planning to go with a chum (subject to the current strikes by all SA Govt workers being sorted, and Immigration and Border control operating.

I have fond memories of Capetown in particular from the 1997 Lions tour. The Waterfront area was great fun. Weather then in Winter was pretty good so should be good now. Stormers will be under strength but so will we be I guess. I am not hopeful of winning either game but an incremental improvement in many areas - discipline, defence, lineout, distribution & aerial efficiency to name but 5 - plenty for Blackett to get his teeth into. 

Hope the travel arrangements work out - the forum can look forward to having our own roving correspondent on the scene. 

Oracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 12:35pm
Funnily we are looking to go to South Africa if work permits Big smile
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Your thousands of admirers look forward to your re-recreation of the Scott Baldwin strokes a big Pussy moment on video 😉😂

hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 4:11pm
With a bit of luck we will have injured players back and on that plane to South Africa 
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 4:15pm
By all accounts the majority of the squad should be fit again, minus suspensions and internationals
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Oracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Your thousands of admirers look forward to your re-recreation of the Scott Baldwin strokes a big Pussy moment on video 😉😂

Wow ...I was banned for lessLOL
Seagultaf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

By all accounts the majority of the squad should be fit again, minus suspensions and internationals

Surely the two suspended players will have served their time and be available by 25th November?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Surely the two suspended players will have served their time and be available by 25th November?

Aye, Lousi and Fifita were playing for Tonga in the 32-10 win over Chile yesterday. They aren't part of the tour group to SA as both will still be on international duty.

Edited by Wil Chips - 13 November 2022 at 6:17pm
Seagultaf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Aye, Lousi and Fifita were playing for Tonga in the 32-10 win over Chile yesterday. They aren't part of the tour group to SA as both will still be on international duty.

I believe that the IRB international window ends the weekend before the Scarlets play their first game in South Africa. Surely that means both are available to travel with the squad?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 8:44pm
I *think that Scarlets expect to take Lousi and Fifita to South Africa.

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I *think that Scarlets expect to take Lousi and Fifita to South Africa.

Then I stand corrected.

From the Scarlets website this was what was posted as the matches Sam would miss...I took that as meaning we wouldn't take him to SA...but that's just my read of it so I probably misinterpreted. He also played on the 12th November v Chile (got a try) so maybe that's his 4 match ban served then...

Fixtures Sam Lousi is unavailable for:
Connacht v Scarlets 21 October 2022, BKT URC
Scarlets v Leinster 28 October 2022, BKT URC
Spain v Tonga 5 November 2022, International
Tonga v Chile 12 December 2022, International *

Anyway if either or both are on the plane that's much better for us.

Edited by Wil Chips - 14 November 2022 at 4:12am
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 6:47am

Tonga v Chile was played last weekend.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:20am
Sam could have reduced his suspension by doing a course so looks as if he got it reduced to 3 games. Only issue now could be the Tonga games.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:41am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Tonga v Chile was played last weekend.

Yep, just a typo on the Scarlets website on the date ( 12 Dec v 12 Nov)...more than enough to fool me though.

Edited by Wil Chips - 14 November 2022 at 8:10am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:42am
Tonga play Uruguay this weekend (last game).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic