Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SA games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 11:54am
Tbh, having mentally written off this season I'll be happy with 2 decent performances from this tour.  If we lose both games so be it, as long as we are competing and showing some passion with improvements to basic skills, lineout etc I'll be happy enough.
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:43pm
We need to win a game in SA. Even 2 decent performances will just add to the mental pressure on the squad and coaches.
We need to beat the Lions and not implode against the Stormers

And we need Fifita and Lousi
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2022 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

We need to win a game in SA. Even 2 decent performances will just add to the mental pressure on the squad and coaches.

Lions are a bit like Connacht in the international windows, don't lose many players. They've also benefitted from some more funding this season so have boosted their squad. I personally think the Stormers might provide a better ( but slim) chance of a W with 14 players in Europe as at today.

If Lousi and Fifita are picked for Tonga on Saturday ( the game is in Bucharest) then they may need to fly independently to Capetown as the team flies out early Sunday. Hope they stay fit!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2022 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Lions are a bit like Connacht in the international windows, don't lose many players. They've also benefitted from some more funding this season so have boosted their squad. I personally think the Stormers might provide a better ( but slim) chance of a W with 14 players in Europe as at today.

If Lousi and Fifita are picked for Tonga on Saturday ( the game is in Bucharest) then they may need to fly independently to Capetown as the team flies out early Sunday. Hope they stay fit!
Yeah that's a good point. I really don't expect a W out there, but we have to have hope, right?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2022 at 3:52am

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Yeah that's a good point. I really don't expect a W out there, but we have to have hope, right?

Absolutely.

Unfortunately COVID cases have risen sharply in SA in recent days ( same as here in East Africa).
Doesn’t seem to be causing any alarm but I’d suggest the club needs sone cast iron guarantees that no restrictions will applied to them if they travel.

Edited by Wil Chips - 16 November 2022 at 3:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic