Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sam Wainwright signs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 7:43am
I am intrigued by the talk of some sort of favouring from the WRU when it comes to returning Welsh Internationals. Am I being somewhat naiive to suggest that the player themselves would have most of the say in deciding who they were going to contract to?????
Sponsored Links

Seagultaf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 10:22am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I am intrigued by the talk of some sort of favouring from the WRU when it comes to returning Welsh Internationals. Am I being somewhat naiive to suggest that the player themselves would have most of the say in deciding who they were going to contract to?????

I would be very surprised if it does not come down to money. For Wales squad players there is a banding system, so it may depend on where in the band a particular team pitches their offer. There has been talk about players having extra payments offered over the banding but I have not had that confirmed.
crj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 12:08pm
Ultimately it’s down to the player, I would imagine the younger the player the more influence the WRU would have on what club he signs for. All 4 regions were in for Costelow, a word in the ear by Pivac stating that joining the Scarlets would be in his best interest of achieving in his 1st Welsh cap and then that tips the scales in our favour. A seasoned international obviously doesn’t need to listen to such things when there’s several offers on the table.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 1:59pm
Good signingClapClap
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

wales top 4 tigh heads (with lee injured ) are francus lewis brown and wainwright now each is at a diff region makes sense from the wru view point
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Good signingClapClap
Not the way he scrimmaged today 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 2:54pm
Absolutely destroyed in nearly every scrum and Jones
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Good signingClapClap
Not the way he scrimmaged today 
A lot goes on in the scrum, but he did get his head shoved up his a**e. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Hendre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 2:56pm
He had free flying lessons from the Georgians today! Hopeless, another vastly overrated player.
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 2:56pm
He was rubbish today in fairness
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 2:58pm
Good 5th choice option on a chunk of wages. Samson, javon, harri, WGJ, Wainwright. Thats the pecking order. Completely wrong signing in a position we have 4 good options.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 2:58pm
WGJ standard (if that) on today's evidence. Do you think he'd be loaned out by Sarries if he was any good?
What's going on?
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 2:59pm
WGJ far better, even on a bad day
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by gaffer gaffer wrote:

WGJ standard (if that) on today's evidence. Do you think he'd be loaned out by Sarries if he was any good?
Wales adjudged him to be a better option than O’Connor on the summer tour. 

It’s a bit quick to write him off after a couple of bad scrums. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Good 5th choice option on a chunk of wages. Samson, javon, harri, WGJ, Wainwright. Thats the pecking order. Completely wrong signing in a position we have 4 good options.

Will Samson ever play again? Javan has signed for a Scottish club for next season. WGJ will have to accept a huge pay cut or look elsewhere.

You need 4 THs in a squad. I think Sam will probably do a decent job adding squad depth.

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 5:12pm
It's a half year trial, nothing to lose really.

The Georgian LH who came on was 6'6' and 135kgs ( explains things a bit) but is 20, in the academy at La Rochelle, and not started a pro game ( makes me scratch my chin again )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic