Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sanjay joining Cardiff rugby - Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 11:31am
Who picks the 38 is it all on pivac? Some of his selections are daft.  Also hows the 38 work out?  Is the best 38 players ? Or done on position eg 4 centres etc
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 11:33am
All Picked by Welsh Team management, Pivac has final say...been that way for a while...

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

All Picked by Welsh Team management, Pivac has final say...been that way for a while...

lot of power in his hands, no real rugby people with any pull in the wru now. I don’t think he is upto it tbh
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 11:44am
This is where some of the issues can arise, Pivac could pick Anscombe, Jarrod and Priestland as his 3 10's for the 38 then Patchell could hit some form and he starts with Patchell with Anscombe on the bench, so the artist formally known as the Blues could be have Priestland and/or Jarrod's availability significantly increased whilst getting the benefits of the money intended for player release.

Too much control with the national coach for me which directly influences not only the regions finances but also players decisions where to play.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 11:48am
All that is needed is a simple system that pays compensation per day in camp (or injured as a result of international duties). I believe England have something like that.

The current system is skewed.

We're still still here!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

All that is needed is a simple system that pays compensation per day in camp (or injured as a result of international duties). I believe England have something like that.

I think I am right in saying that if a player is injured whilst in the Wales camp then the wages are paid in full by the WRU (probably through insurance).
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 12:20pm

This is Welsh rugby. Never going to be simple.

I really like this English system…your not in the match day 23 then your released to your club in the 6N window.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 12:21pm

I really like this English system…your not in the match day 23 then your released to your club in the 6N window.

Yes to this! And also if you're an unused travelling reserve (say Kieran Hardy) for a game at the MS on a Saturday, you should be free to play for your region if they play on the Sunday.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 12:24pm
Yes good call.

We have guys sat in camp for 2 months with no game time….
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 12:28pm

Yes good call.

I'm 99% certain that when Wales played Scotland at PYS, in the rearranged 6N fixture, Hardy was a travelling reserve & we played at home the next day he wasn't available for us.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 12:46pm

Careful Wasp you are in danger of coming up with a sensible, workable solution which the WRU could never think of. As for the English system of release again a no brainer but until the collective clubs/regions stand firm and start showing the WRU where the real power lies then it will never happen. English clubs control their players we, at the moment, do not. The sooner that changes the better for all concerned including the Welsh National team. 
Tony Clifton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 1:25pm

Yes good call.

How many times has that happened to Elias? Way too many to count.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Yes good call.

Yeah and it's really held him back
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 1:27pm
Lot of sense on here.The 80/20 system has to my mind been hugely detrimental,but masked by 6N successs(I would argue as a result of Franco English deficiency for the most part.)The system allowed market value to be set by Gatland-a coach whose selection was notoriously conservative and as a result came to favour older players.The problems created are made much worse by the fact that there are only 4 pro teams.As an example consider Fox-currently 2nd most expensive player in Wales.Crazy.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Lot of sense on here.The 80/20 system has to my mind been hugely detrimental,but masked by 6N successs(I would argue as a result of Franco English deficiency for the most part.)The system allowed market value to be set by Gatland-a coach whose selection was notoriously conservative and as a result came to favour older players.The problems created are made much worse by the fact that there are only 4 pro teams.As an example consider Fox-currently 2nd most expensive player in Wales.Crazy.

Can't argue with that Dic. Clubs/regions have to break free of total reliance on WRU which is very light on rugby men and even lighter on professional rugby men. 
Tony Clifton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Yes good call.

Yeah and it's really held him back
Yep, look at the improvement he showed this autumn when given just a few weeks of consistent match time! I have no clue what they see in Dee, but for a player with 40 caps he is far short of the standard. Elias really is a strong player in the loose, tidy up those darts and he’s Wales’ #1 for years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
  Share Topic