Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sanjay joining Cardiff rugby - Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 2:18pm
The biggest advantage to the 80/20 in that it gives a certain degree of comfort when planning the next couple of years but the original intention of rewarding teams who supply players to Wales has now turned more towards rewarding collecting team Wales players, a very very different thing.

I like the 60 cap rule and wage bandings and saw the benefits of the 80/20 but I think it's run it's course now and can be exploited, it also paints a false impression in general of 'funding' from the WRU, it's compensation for player release in reality but it's not viewed that way by a lot of people.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 10:08am
Again Dwayne talking about Josh McLoud & his fantastic attitude. If you want the blueprint for what Dwayne is looking for - look no further. It is pretty clear where he has set the bar - a burning desire to represent the Scarlets - no compromises. This will end badly for some, Liam being the first but for the mid/long term future of the Scarlets it is music to my ears. 
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 11:51am
Agree, GPR, Dwayne is setting the bar and in time i'm sure we will see results, we all want the Scarlets to be the best they can, and onwards and upwards, we must have patience with this new setup. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
  Share Topic