Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saracens squad could be dismantled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2020 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Chris Ashton interview shows he clearly misses the point. He obtained a loan from Wray to refurb a jointly owned property. Nothing wrong with that according to Ashton just like getting it from a Bank. He went on to say that the loan has since been repaid, again all above board. What he failed to mention was that the loan was interest free - clearly Banks in the North are far better to deal with than any I have ever come across.

I don't believe that for one minute LOL
Scarlets!!!
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2020 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I’d add that the Scarlets offer players training on the possible conflicts in how they receive and can use things like Image rights income. Also on what is or isn’t a ‘ Scarlets ‘ event, and personal appearances therein. Excellent initiative.

It’s a space I operate in for my job ( US law differs in some interpretation but broadly they are much tighter on governance in this space than the UK), and so I am a little more tuned I guess.

I would say that generally, players ( due to their comparative income levels to the average) are not short of all sorts of investment opportunities,and there no shortage of ‘ providers’ offering ‘ safe ‘ deals. It’s a difficult area to govern.
It’s why I applaud the Scarlets for their prevention toolkit.

You get loads of US sportspeople doing ads for local/national TV, seems less here - no Ken Owens doing cereal ads or something: KenOs maybe? Think advertising is more nationalised here so harder for "local" sports stars to contribute but it is a big income for e.g. NFL quarterbacks doing state- or city-specific ads. But it's everywhere in the US I can say that from my own experience visiting.
Or a different kind of Special K for Ken to promote?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 4:21am
It’s an interesting deep dive in to the Ashton component of the overspend. How Sarries were architects of their own downfall to a degree, how ( despite being a good and solvent club) Boujellal is incredibly churlish, and illegal when he doesn’t get his own way ( see Halfpenny dealt with in a similar way).

https://amp.rugbypass.com/news/the-truth-about-chris-ashton-toulon-and-the-1-35m-saracens-property-deal-which-sale-sharks-paid-off/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Wil Chips - 30 January 2020 at 4:26am
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:50am
Boujellal has done great for toloun but he comes across as unlikeable petulant bully

Sarries players will no doubt be getting offers from everywhere

but what of their coaches?

McCall cv at this level must literally be the best in Europe and will surely be getting offers from some big hitters

Also that Sanderson strikes me as an impressive figure and seems to be doing a good job there
I'm surprised no one has approached him regarding becoming a head coach /dor

If as reported The ospreys  are looking for a young up and coming coach they could do a lot worse than him
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 11:24am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Boujellal has done great for toloun but he comes across as unlikeable petulant bully

McCall cv at this level must literally be the best in Europe and will surely be getting offers from some big hitters

Also that Sanderson strikes me as an impressive figure and seems to be doing a good job there

If as reported The ospreys  are looking for a young up and coming coach they could do a lot worse than him

Yes Sanderson is a good young coach. Think he may fancy a crack at England defence coach soon. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 1:40pm

Not surprising, given the talent at his disposal - admittedly, some coaches manage to turn even teams of stars into losers, but I think it will be easier to judge his own worth when he coaches a team with a more typical cross-section of players - a few international stars, a few good solid league performers, some up and coming youngsters and some journeymen to fill in.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2020 at 4:39pm
Saracens to be investigated over fielding an illegible player in the European Champions Cup. 

Saracens' Champions Cup quarter-final place in doubt for fielding 'ineligible' player
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51415778
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2020 at 8:01pm
The Rugny Pass website says that the last such offender was us- my selective meory had forgotten about that. Or perhaps it is because we fielded an ineligible Jacob Cowley (whither he??) in a 14-64 defeat (also to Racing 92). We were fined 10000 euros suspended for 2 years.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2020 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Not surprising, given the talent at his disposal - admittedly, some coaches manage to turn even teams of stars into losers, but I think it will be easier to judge his own worth when he coaches a team with a more typical cross-section of players - a few international stars, a few good solid league performers, some up and coming youngsters and some journeymen to fill in.
i think he won the lge at ulster?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic